NFL 2023 NFC Championship Game - Detroit at San Francisco

Remove this Banner Ad

1674388716029-jpeg.1591473

MONDAY, JANUARY 29 @ 10:30AM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nfllions: (3)Detroit at :nfl49ers: (1) San Francisco

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour Qld
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

In my defense, pre-game I called both defenses dirty. Not much to like about either of them (Warner and Hutchinson probably the only likeable guys)...

I genuinely don't get the 49ers being dirty tag other than Greenlaw who is good for one unsportsmanlike conduct flag a game.

After the break they went 1/5.

Im not sure it really got fixed, more the Lions WRs crapped the bed on some equally good throws by Goff as he made in the first half. Credit for taking St.Brown out of it though and making someone else beat you, he was making a lot of those third and long receptions in the first half.

Im not sure it really got fixed, more the Lions WRs crapped the bed on some equally good throws by Goff as he made in the first half. Credit for taking St.Brown out of it though, he was making a lot of those third and long receptions in the first half.

49ers gave up a record number of rushing yards in the first half under Shanahan's tenure and the Lions followed that up with 8 runs whilst playing with a 2 score lead.

It's almost like coaching staffs swapped sidelines at half time.

49ers gave up a record number of rushing yards in the first half under Shanahan's tenure and the Lions followed that up with 8 runs whilst playing with a 2 score lead.

I didn't see it being that bad by Johnson , thought he called a very good game, run game wasn't moving the ball in the second half, putting them in third and longs constantly, then you had WRs dropping passes and the drive was three and out.

The Lions just remembered they are the Lions.

Hope someone does a deep dive into the game with access to players and staff will be interesting to read

The Lions just remembered they are the Lions.

Hope someone does a deep dive into the game with access to players and staff will be interesting to read

Bosa said at halftime that whilst the 49ers made some changes he personally challenged everyone to just do their job stating that just about every big Lions play had a 49er out of position (looking at you Chase Young).

Yes the Lions tightened up but the 49ers players also took it on themselves more than the coaching to lift.

Bosa said at halftime that whilst the 49ers made some changes he personally challenged everyone to just do their job stating that just about every big Lions play had a 49er out of position (looking at you Chase Young).

Yes the Lions tightened up but the 49ers also made it took it on themselves more than the coaching to lift.

Chase Young is such a massive bust. Just a terrible player. Not sure what he does well.

Campbell has any composure and the Lions win.

The whole day in both games there was reckless coaching and for the most part it will be overlooked by plays made or not made.

KC was the only team who had coaching stay composed all game. The Ravens gameplan was a mess and idioc, 9ers first half tried to give the game away and in the end got lucky the Lions out dumbed them with coaching in the 2nd half.

I can't answer that but I know what he does poorly....set the edge.
That's my point, he hunts sacks, zero discipline , but he can't even get to the QB. Any team throwing decent money at him this offseason is off their rocker.

That's my point, he hunts sacks, zero discipline , but he can't even get to the QB. Any team throwing decent money at him this offseason is off their rocker.
a lot of DE's do that, but as long as you get sacks people overlook it. Crosby and Hutchinson also break contain hunting for sacks and at times have the team get torched for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small credit he did play much more disciplined in the second half.

a lot of DE's do that, but as long as you get sacks people overlook it. Crosby and Hutchinson also break contain hunting for sacks and at times have the team get torched for it

I don't even care for sacks but being in the same postcode as the qb would be nice

Yeah, but they impact the game so you can forgive it, Young hasnt impacted a game in years.

Yeah, but they impact the game so you can forgive it, Young hasnt impacted a game in years.
Thats what im saying. its a tech they learn young and if they struggle to get the sacks in the NFL people notice it more. but they all do it.

It should be called out more, even on the big name guys. Its like with DB's who go ball hunting and get burned on TD's like Diggs its not a tech that i like but some will overlook it if they get a couple of INTs

Niners would be better off with Clelin Ferrell out there than Young but hes injured.
I had to google if he was still in the league.

Man even the 9ers D cant save him from the Raiders 1st round curse.
Crazy to think how both the Bears and Raiders lost in the Mack trade

He at least sets a mean edge. Knows his role and does it well.

Speaking of trades, I was going to post had the Lions won if there had ever been a more mutually beneficial trade in recent history than the Goff/Stafford trade.

I wonder if the 49ers try and team up the Bosas next year.

We could then say we have over 60% of our salary cap tied up in one player group.
Lions make sense for Joey.

Seems obvious but scoreboard pressure is a real thing. At 24-10 you take the 3 pts and it’s a three possession game again. Relieves some of the pressure. Now the Aiyuk catch let’s say happens anyway after the FG ..it’s 27-17 and it doesn’t feel as panicky as 24-17. It’s a small thing maybe but it’s got to be impact momentum/ mentality ..whatever you want to call it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back