NFL 2023 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City at Baltimore

Remove this Banner Ad

1674388556324-jpeg.1591468

MONDAY, JANUARY 29 @ 7:00AM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nflchiefs: (3) Kansas City at :nflravens: (1) Baltimore

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour Qld
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Easy to blame Lamar but Harbaugh shouldn't escape criticism, he was way worse today than Campbell, imagine trying to copy the Chiefs (our QBs arm will carry us to victory strategy) and beat them at their own game. Blame the play calling by Monken, blame the QB, at what point as a head coach do you say enough of this s**t, ive seen this movie before.

This is just bad coaching and horrible gameplan. Sure the game is decided by plays made or not made on the field but the gameplan didnt give them their best chance to win.

This is just bad coaching and horrible gameplan. Sure the game is decided by plays made or not made on the field but the gameplan didnt give them their best chance to win.

Did you grind that through a Next Gen AWS Analytics Engine?

Going against what you"ve done all season long, to get you to the point you're at, clearly works well.

Its why I was so adamant Campbell should've gone for the TD to make it 28-7, rather than the FG.

If you say you believe in your own system, then throw it out the window in the biggest game of the year, what does that say to the players?

Watching back over the highlights from this game and there was was so much space underneath on a heap of Lamar's drop backs, yet he refused to take off, some easy 20 yard gains to be had. The whole "he cant throw from the pocket" got into his head. Wanted to prove the haters wrong instead of making the right decision.

Watching back over the highlights from this game and there was was so much space underneath on a heap of Lamar's drop backs, yet he refused to take off, some easy 20 yard gains to be had. The whole "he cant throw from the pocket" got into his head. Wanted to prove the haters wrong instead of making the right decision.

Yep.

Film study was damning. He overthought and couldn’t get out of his own way. When you consider he still only lost due to fumbles; If that team is back next year, he should be better.

I blame Harbaugh and Monken for not getting that out of his head. Harbaugh has reached his use by date & hopefully a surprise change to MacDonald happens this week.

Going against what you"ve done all season long, to get you to the point you're at, clearly works well.

Its why I was so adamant Campbell should've gone for the TD to make it 28-7, rather than the FG.

If you say you believe in your own system, then throw it out the window in the biggest game of the year, what does that say to the players?
Not running the ball as often as you have all year, a clear strength of your offense, is completely different to going for it on 4th down or taking FG. It might be a philosophy of Campbell's but you also have to know a time and a place for it.

Yep.

Film study was damning. He overthought and couldn’t get out of his own way. When you consider he still only lost due to fumbles; If that team is back next year, he should be better.

I blame Harbaugh and Monken for not getting that out of his head. Harbaugh has reached his use by date & hopefully a surprise change to MacDonald happens this week.
Couldn't agree more, what does Harbaugh actually do? Seriously? He just stood there and let Lamar and Monken go about their stupidity. smh. He should be coping way more s**t than Campbell.

Not running the ball as often as you have all year, a clear strength of your offense, is completely different to going for it on 4th down or taking FG. It might be a philosophy of Campbell's but you also have to know a time and a place for it.

Clearly.

But the point I'm making, is in the teams psyche, it's not.

Its straying from the philosophy that got you into the CCG to begin with.

Ravens are in an interesting position, and I agree with what LittleG with what s/he's been saying this week. Coaching had a lot to do with their failing this week, but its the same for their previous exits, very under-whelming in playoffs. Harbaugh needs to change his mindset, but I doubt a man with his ego thinks he's the problem. With their 2024 FAs, the roster would considered to be in transition also. Probably the perfect time to move on, the next coach still has a good core of players that they can build upon.

The Lions are a different proposition. I think they may have ruined themselves for the next 2-3 years minimum. Something happened in that locker room at half time, and it wasn't positive, and I reckon that decision was the catalyst. It changed something in the collective minds, cos they had ZERO anything from that point onwards. This is a famous rah rah coach, and they did NOTHING for him. It was a titanic capitulation. I honestly don't think they've got another run like this in them until they change coaches, and they'll be very middling (8-10wins) in the short-term.

It was good while it lasted...

The Lions are a different proposition. I think they may have ruined themselves for the next 2-3 years minimum. Something happened in that locker room at half time, and it wasn't positive, and I reckon that decision was the catalyst. It changed something in the collective minds, cos they had ZERO anything from that point onwards. This is a famous rah rah coach, and they did NOTHING for him. It was a titanic capitulation. I honestly don't think they've got another run like this in them until they change coaches, and they'll be very middling (8-10wins) in the short-term.
Geez you Packers fans are such haters. :sweatsmile:.. the same nuffies who kept picking the Packers to win the division year after year with far worse performances in the playoffs as favourites. If they take a step back (absolutely possible) it wont be because of what happened in the locker room at half time. It will be cause they weren't able to replace Johnson.

Clearly.

Ravens are in an interesting position, and I agree with what LittleG with what s/he's been saying this week. Coaching had a lot to do with their failing this week, but its the same for their previous exits, very under-whelming in playoffs. Harbaugh needs to change his mindset, but I doubt a man with his ego thinks he's the problem. With their 2024 FAs, the roster would considered to be in transition also. Probably the perfect time to move on, the next coach still has a good core of players that they can build upon.

Ravens playoff failures is systematic now. Has happened multiple times in the same manner.

The Lions have had one playoff foray, went 2-1. Their collapse was far from being something endemic, as it's only one playoff journey. Have to give them a few more journeys before you can say there's some internal disconnect.

Geez you Packers fans are such haters. :sweatsmile:.. the same nuffies who kept picking the Packers to win the division year after year with far worse performances in the playoffs as favourites. If they take a step back (absolutely possible) it wont be because of what happened in the locker room at half time. It will be cause they weren't able to replace Johnson.

Is it me being a hater? Or is it you desperate to suck Johnson's dick constantly?? :p Just get a room already!;) :sweatsmile:

Ravens playoff failures is systematic now. Has happened multiple times in the same manner.

The Lions have had one playoff foray, went 2-1. Their collapse was far from being something endemic, as it's only one playoff journey. Have to give them a few more journeys before you can say there's some internal disconnect.

Bookmark my post, set a reminder 12mths from now. We'll talk then. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it me being a hater? Or is it you desperate to suck Johnson's dick constantly?? :p Just get a room already!;) :sweatsmile:

Definitely you being a hater. Johnson is the best in the league. Will lead Washington to at least 5 titles. Anyone who isn't a hater can see it coming. 😉

12 months from now means they made the playoffs again and went all the way to the CCG at the least

Thats a rather large jump you've made, GG. Must've jumped over Ben Johnsons dick... So playoff time we're only allowed to discuss playoff teams?? ;)

Clearly.

Something has to change at the coaching level.

Monken was great until he got caught being pass heavy against the chiefs. MacDonald is a great DC, should be HC.

The weakest link is the Harbaugh. Need more MacDonalds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back