NFL Super Bowl LVIII - Kansas City vs San Francisco - Mon 12/2 @10:30AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

SBLVIII_Logo_800x500-8f16504983.jpg

With winning comes salary cap pressure. I agree the WR corp will be better next year (coz it cant get any worse), maybe the play calling will also if they * Nagy off and bring Bieniemy back, the defense might take a step back however. Both Jones and Snead will be looking for money, wouldnt be surprised if the Chiefs had to let one walk. Kelce another year older, still a gun but he isn't getting better.
Will no doubt be SC pressure but the D is the youngest in the league so it should be fine for now, will probably lose CJ but hopefully retain Sneed.
Add to this Toney and MVS being moved on and their should be plenty of cap space to target a WR1, my preference is Evans then Higgins, then hopefully Bienemy can come back.
The club that will be in strife with SC will be the niners especially when Brocks rookie contract expires.

Trouble is most people critic the flags thrown, not the ones that aren't.

That is 3 SBs now that the Chiefs have gone from one of the most penalized offensive lines in the regular season to not getting flagged at all in the SB.

The exception, is when the Chiefs took on Brady and literally got flagged out of the house. And lost.

Because there is referee bias in the NFL towards certain players and certain teams. I don't know if IN THIS GAME the officiating would've changed the result because Mahomes is Mahomes but for a team to not be called for offensive holding when they're the season's worst is surprising.

Mahomes was cooked at the end of that 4th, i would have let them take the ball and put the pressure back on.

He got the break he needed, played straight into KC hands.

Mahomes was cooked at the end of that 4th, i would have let them take the ball and put the pressure back on.

He got the break he needed, played straight into KC hands.
Niners defense was gassed and needed a break too. I think the Chiefs were scoring a TD no matter what.

To be fair, when Mecole Hardman caught the game winning TD, it was pretty clear that for a few moments he wasn't sure if the game was over yet or not. It took a few players a moment.

If you watch the end of the game without sound (because the commentators knew the game was over and were suitable hyped), it's obvious that a lot of players on both teams hesitated for a few moments unsure of if that was game over or not.
The Chief players saying they had 2 meetings about SB OT. Maybe Hardman did a Reimers and slept through it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant say Patty is the GOAT until he matches Brady's SB wins record of 7.

He is nearly halfway there and is a more dangerous QB then Brady.

But until he at least matches Brady record of 7 super bowl wins i can't have him as the GOAT yet.

Brady did beat Mahomes in the only super-bowl they faced off in which should be factored in as well.

Thing is though, Brady didn't have the legs to do what Mahomes does on 3rd and long. He consistently threw clutch passes in those situations and he seemed to excel the higher the stakes (no different to Mahomes).
That Superbowl performance against the Legion of Boom when he was facing adversity in the 3rd and 4th quarters was insanely good.

I can see Mahomes winning another couple of Superbowls but once Kelce retires, it will be tough.

Thing is though, Brady didn't have the legs to do what Mahomes does on 3rd and long. He consistently threw clutch passes in those situations and he seemed to excel the higher the stakes (no different to Mahomes).
That Superbowl performance against the Legion of Boom when he was facing adversity in the 3rd and 4th quarters was insanely good.

I can see Mahomes winning another couple of Superbowls but once Kelce retires, it will be tough.

You're right - he was physically quite limited, which makes his success all the more remarkable. What he had, in spades, was intestinal fortitude and self-belief.

I can't believe that ESPN are continuing to say that had the Chiefs not scored before time expired in the first period of OT they would have lost.

WRONG.

Tony Romo and CBS got it right...the game would have continued into a 2nd period of OT.

Here is the relevant rule from the NFL Rule Book...

1707799513791.png

Second point, Shanahan got it wrong by taking the 1st possession in OT. You always want to know exactly what you need to score to win the game. The team possessing the ball 1st is likely to punt or kick a field goal on 4th down (unless their HC is named Staley or Campbell) whereas having the ball 2nd gives you 4 downs to go, or to score if you are trailing.

Finally onto Patrick Mahomes...I mean what can you say. The man is a stone cold killer with a football in his hands. He is never beaten, and it there are marbles to be won, he is winning ALL the marbles. He is HIM.

I can't believe that ESPN are continuing to say that had the Chiefs not scored before time expired in the first period of OT they would have lost.

WRONG.

Tony Romo and CBS got it right...the game would have continued into a 2nd period of OT.

Here is the relevant rule from the NFL Rule Book...

View attachment 1904403

Second point, Shanahan got it wrong by taking the 1st possession in OT. You always want to know exactly what you need to score to win the game. The team possessing the ball 1st is likely to punt or kick a field goal on 4th down (unless their HC is named Staley or Campbell) whereas having the ball 2nd gives you 4 downs to go, or to score if you are trailing.

Finally onto Patrick Mahomes...I mean what can you say. The man is a stone cold killer with a football in his hands. He is never beaten, and it there are marbles to be won, he is winning ALL the marbles. He is HIM.

What is it with supposed experts being so ignorant of the rules. As I wrote in an earlier post, it is dereliction of duty - whether you're a coach, a player or a pundit.

Niners taking the ball first is fine, but they could've gone for it on 4th down, try get the TD, and if they failed, the Chiefs would be starting their drive from inside the 10 or 5 yard line. Only needing a FG to win, but all game the commentators were saying how Shanahan wanted to go get the Lombardi, be aggressive, etc. There would've been a good opportunity then to force the issue, perhaps. I wouldve taken the 3 anyway

I don't agree at all.

The thing that people keep overlooking is that if you get the ball first it then gives you first possession if the game remains tied and goes into sudden death.

Hypothetically If SF took the 2nd possession and the score was tied at the end of both possessions and KC then won via a field goal on the 3rd possession then Shanahan would have been annihilated for taking the ball 2nd.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back