• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1674992595979.jpeg

100px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png
vs
100px-Philadelphia_Eagles_logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Find me one quote or one post where I thought we would make playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl??

If you were a regular on here you'd know that I've been doubting Jalen Hurts since he was drafted (I hated the pick) and thought we had overpaid for Bradberry and Reddick.

Not all Eagles fans are STO.

No, some of you are useless plodders with spines of jelly.

I don't mind a huge stink being made about the officiating. Anything to try to pressure the NFL to improve it, because it's often a disgrace game to game, week to week. Seems to be only getting worse.

The officials ******* stink and constantly ruin games in increasingly suspect ways.

The idea that we're some how honour bound to refuse to acknowledge that because otherwise people might not think we're good losers is beyond me.

I'm glad our team is more focussed on improving- they should be, and they need to. But I'm not playing the damn game, and won't be playing the next one, and am free to say that it stunk.

Every year, after the board moderators spend all that time and effort imploring us not to chase away the new posters because of the value that they'd add to the board, it's always fun to watch the blow ins comprehensively prove them wrong.

I don't mind a huge stink being made about the officiating. Anything to try to pressure the NFL to improve it, because it's often a disgrace game to game, week to week. Seems to be only getting worse.

Watched highlights of a Bills vs Cowboys superbowl last night and there were some soft holding/PI calls.

Last edited:
Jordan 5 MVPs vs Brady 3 MVPs

Plus Jordan took two years off in his prime to play a completely different sport.

If Brady had played say lacrosse from 2015-2017, or maybe ten pin bowling, then perhaps one could mount the argument that the two careers are closely comparable. They aren't even close, MJ is far and away the greatest modern pro athlete of all time.

What the hell! I never said that at all.
I said Gronk is a better player than Kelce but Kelce is now bridging the gap. Do you watch the sport? Kelce is a beast. Literally one of the greatest of his position to ever do it.

I also said Moss was not the equal of Hill when he played with the Patriots (aged 30+).

Moss was a better player than Hill but Hill has been smack bang in his prime during the Chiefs era.

Glad you finally recognise the greatness that Jason brings to the centre position.

After many misfires you finally got one post correct.

Plus Jordan took two years off in his prime to play a completely different sport.

If Brady had played say lacrosse from 2015-2017, or maybe ten pin bowling, then perhaps one could mount the argument that the two careers are closely comparable. They aren't even close, MJ is far and away the greatest modern pro athlete of all time.

Glad you finally recognise the greatness that Jason brings to the centre position.

After many misfires you finally got one post correct.

Jordan took seven years before he finally went to the NBA finals and started winning championships.

In terms of athleticism, it's a no contest. Jordan is the second greatest athlete of all time behind Bo Jackson but when it comes to clutch, none better than Brady and that is what made he and Jordan the greatest of all time.

Jordan took seven years before he finally went to the NBA finals and started winning championships.

In terms of athleticism, it's a no contest. Jordan is the second greatest athlete of all time behind Bo Jackson but when it comes to clutch, none better than Brady and that is what made he and Jordan the greatest of all time.
Why didn't Brady win between 2004-2014 right in the middle of his career?

Why didn't Brady win between 2004-2014 right in the middle of his career?

He was still leading his team to the Superbowl.
Jordan didn't even make it past the Eastern conference finals until season 1991. Needed a couple of teams to get long in the tooth before the Bulls finally out-muscled their opponents.

And it's fair to say Jordan and his Bulls faced weaker opposition in the finals than what Brady and the Patriots did.

Brady is the GOAT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparing Jordan and Brady is futile when their sports are so fundamentally different. You could easily say Gretzky is better than both of them.

I'd argue 2001-04 Barry Bonds on steroids was the most dominant athlete in modern sports history (he didn't win a championship because is baseball is way more of a team sport than NFL or NBA) but it's impossible to objectively say he was better than the others.

Bradman > Brady
Gretzky > Brady
Federer > Brady
Nicholas, Woods > Brady
Jahangir Khan > Brady
A lot of baseball greats like Ruth, Mays, Williams, Aaron > Brady
Jordan, Chamberlain and Bird > Brady
Bo Jackson, Jim Thorpe, Muhammad Ali, Jesse Owens, Michael Phelps etc > Brady

Brady isn't even the greatest QB, or even player the NFL has ever seen.

Otto Graham > Brady even in terms of success.

Brady is up there in terms of longevity, consistency of elite play, etc. It's the longevity that really sets him apart.

No taking away from the fact the combination of Belichick+Brady proved to be so hard to overcome for the rest of the league. Perfect storm of astute HC/Defensive Guru and QB leader of offense.

A great player, one of the most successful in any sport. Success and greatness go hand in hand. But success does not mean "best" player/QB.

However.....best does kinda entail how dominant you are. Brady was mostly dominant. Teams couldn't stop him when he got going (which he was consistently able to).

The D helped so much, giving him shorter fields, opportunities, lower points to outscore, etc. But him and the offense also had to come to the party.

He had his bad games, but he was dominant most of the time.

It's not the stats, tho they validate him, but just the cocktail of mental aptitude, persistence and strength that define his greatness, why the success was achieved.

Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, etc....also dominant players that couldnt be kept down.

Jerry Rice is arguably greater considering hos longevity beyond the 40s in a position like WR where raw athletic ability is needed more to remain competitive than a QB. There have been many QBs into their late 30s and 40s, but not WRs.

Rice's records probably wont ever be beaten. Brady's probably not either but there's more chance of a QB achieving similar longevity to break his records than A WR to break Rice's records.

Even Drew Bress and Payton Manning in his same timeline went toe to toe with Brady for all those records.

It's really just the rings, the amount. 7 that has everyone gaga.

At the same time, it was a testament to his consummate ability as a QB beyond Belichick when he won a SB for the shitty Bucs year one. Sure, there was a great team right around him allowing success to occur, but he brought himself to the table too, without him Bucs do not win a SB with that same team around another QB. Winston couldnt. It's also leadership and being a task-master and teacher, lifting the team, the individual players. A sense of belief instilled in them when Brady is there.

Kinda like how Ray Lewis's leadership, teaching, work ethic and belief also lifted the Ravens to their second SB win. Without Lewis they just wouldnt have.

Back