• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1674992595979.jpeg

100px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png
vs
100px-Philadelphia_Eagles_logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to leave but going by your logic Eli is twice the player Brady was considering 2-0 in SBs

Eli was twice the player of his brother in the playoffs for sure but when you consider it took one of the greatest catches of all time in the final minutes to secure Eli one of those rings, all the while Brady appearing in 10 (only lost 3) . . . . nothing more needs to be said.

I'm still absolutely flabbergasted how many of you think Manning or Rodgers were the better quarterback. Mind boggling. Perhaps the sheer hatred for the Patriots and their era of dominance has corrupted any rational thought.

Americans hate the Patriots. Despise Belichick/Brady so I shouldn't be surprised some Aussie's think similarly.

A
Eli was twice the player of his brother in the playoffs for sure but when you consider it took one of the greatest catches of all time in the final minutes to secure Eli one of those rings, all the while Brady appearing in 10 (only lost 3) . . . . nothing more needs to be said.

I'm still absolutely flabbergasted how many of you think Manning or Rodgers were the better quarterback. Mind boggling. Perhaps the sheer hatred for the Patriots and their era of dominance has corrupted any rational thought.

Americans hate the Patriots. Despise Belichick/Brady so I shouldn't be surprised some Aussie's think similarly.
As a Jets fan I hate the Pats - can't stand them. But I have a grudging respect for them and think it's a no brainer Brady is the greatest. Maybe prior to SB 49 you could argue Manning but then to go on make 5 more SBs winning 4 of them, and one being after leaving Belichick to win in Tampa - I mean the guy has more SB wins than any of the NFL franchises! Longevity and consistency of success, getting it done in clutch moments, no-one else comes close.

Did you really come back in after doing the whole storm out routine just to post something entirely without content?

As a Jets fan I hate the Pats - can't stand them. But I have a grudging respect for them and think it's a no brainer Brady is the greatest. Maybe prior to SB 49 you could argue Manning but then to go on make 5 more SBs winning 4 of them, and one being after leaving Belichick to win in Tampa - I mean the guy has more SB wins than any of the NFL franchises! Longevity and consistency of success, getting it done in clutch moments, no-one else comes close.

Spot on.
That Tampa team was loaded and they had not tasted any kind of success for an eternity. The moment Brady walks through the door, they begin dominating the league.

As you say, 'clutch' none have ever been better in team sports than Brady.

It takes a team to make a SB winner. The Bucs win is a perfect example of why Brady is a super manager. You build a team around him, D, OL, RB, WR, TE, and Brady can elevate that team to a SB win basically immediately. Because what he brings at QB is a chess master mentality, experience, ability to rise and dominate in clutch moments. That Bucs team had a lot of the nucleus there before Brady came and Winston couldn't do anything for them except throw a billion picks, unable to be clutch.

Brady is a consummate QB. He is the most well rounded, just lacking scrambling ability, but his super power is the mental side, clutchness.

But I still dont think hes the GOAT player ever in entire NFL, or the GOAT QB. As I said before, so many all-time QBs but theyre all different and can be appreciated as one. HOFers. Equal.

And of course, the whole rings thing is silly in itself to judge....eg, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton.

Best can be based on talent-wise, but not on rings....is what I'm saying

Tampa was stacked and Brady was the final piece. Rams were stacked and Stafford was the final piece. That Tampa team could’ve won with Rodgers or even Stafford

GOAT QBs....

Talent-wise....
Tier One ...
Marino, Elway, Manning, Favre, Rodgers

Tier Two....
etc

Chess Masters ...
Tier One....
Montana, Brady, Graham, Unitas, Starr Staubuch

Tier Two...
etc

Kinda like that is what I mean.

Montana was as gifted as they come.
Super athlete.
Definitely belongs in the same class as Rodgers when it comes to god given natural ability.

Peyton was not the best athlete at all. He was very intelligent with a photographic memory.
A very good arm but tier two for me.

Marino was probably the most gifted quarterback ever. Mahomes can do anything but I don't even think he has the same velocity in his passes in which Marino consistently produced.

Montana was as gifted as they come.
Super athlete.
Definitely belongs in the same class as Rodgers when it comes to god given natural ability.

Peyton was not the best athlete at all. He was very intelligent with a photographic memory.
A very good arm but tier two for me.

Marino was probably the most gifted quarterback ever. Mahomes can do anything but I don't even think he has the same velocity in his passes in which Marino consistently produced.
Yeah my list needs a bit of tidying up.

Manning in the Chess Masters secrion. But Montana wasnt an athlete, noodle arm, short, and all that. He was passed on by many for that reason, and even Walsh wanted to draft Simms, but resorted to Montana when Giants took Simms.

Yeah my list needs a bit of tidying up.

Manning in the Chess Masters secrion. But Montana wasnt an athlete, noodle arm, short, and all that. He was passed on by many for that reason, and even Walsh wanted to draft Simms, but resorted to Montana when Giants took Simms.

Montana was 6ft'2 and had a great arm. Maybe not in the same class as Elway or Rodgers (strength-wise). His ability to pinpoint receivers down the field without having to break stride was as good as any.
Very athletic for his time.

It's scary to think what guys like Marino, Elway or Montana would do in today's softer league.

Every now and again, I'll watch some Montana highlights as he's the only quarterback who really looked different out there. His artistry and perfection was like no other I've seen.
Not even Mahomes could make it look as simplistic as Joe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take two ....GOAT QBs (not an exhaustive list)

---Talent-wise---
Tier One ...
Marino, Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Baugh, Young, Warner

Tier Two....
Moon, Cunningham, Vick, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Aikman, Layne, Van Brocklin, Dawson

Tier Three
McNair, McNabb, Culpepper, B.Jones

---Chess Masters---
Tier One....
Montana, Brady, Manning, Graham, Unitas, Starr, Staubach

Tier Two...
Theisman, Griese, Anderson, Stabler, Kelly, Luckman, Kosar

GOAT QBs

---Talent-wise---
Tier One ...
Marino, Mahomes, Baugh, Favre, Young, Elway, Rodgers, Warner

Tier Two....
Roethlisberger, Moon, Cunningham, Vick, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Aikman, Layne, Van Brocklin, Jugensen, Dawson

Tier Three....
Tittle, Namath, Fouts, Stafford, McNair, McNabb, Rivers, Newton, Esiason, Lamonica, Waterfield, Wilson, Cukpepper, B.Jones, Palmer, Williams, Luck

---Chess Masters---
Tier One....
Montana, Brady, Graham, Unitas, P.Manning, Starr, Staubach, Brees

Tier Two.....
Theisman, Griese, Stabler, Kelly, Luckman, E.Manning, Anderson, Ryan

Tier Three....
P.Simms, A.Manning, Jaworski, Kosar, Morton

For all the convoluted, complicated combinations of letters, numbers, and/or words that become NFL plays, they can be a lot simpler.

The play that put the Chiefs ahead for the first time in Super Bowl LVII had only two words in the call.

Corn dog.

That’s the name of the snap that featured received Kadarius Toney starting in motion from right to left, before breaking back to the outside — with no one covering him. Chiefs coach Andy Reid explained the play to Peter King for his Football Morning in America column.

It could have been a run to the left, or a pass to the right. Ultimately, quarterback Patrick Mahomes made that decision.

Helping Mahomes was the fact that Eagles cornerback Darius Slay, while trying to communicate with teammates during the motion by Toney (we devoted a segment of last week’s PFT Live to Philly’s struggles to adjust to motion), didn’t notice Toney had turned completely around.

Reid told King that the Chiefs had used that play once before all season long. NBC Sports producer Pete Damilatis found the play — Week One, same stadium, against the Cardinals.

The Chiefs had the ball near midfield with a little under 11 minutes to play in the second quarter. It was third and two.

Receiver Mecole Hardman was the man in motion. He pivoted, and Mahomes threw it to him for an easy first down.

So why is the play called corn dog?

“Well, we like to eat,” offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy told King.

They feasted, thanks to that play. The Chiefs later extended the lead to eight with a similar concept on the other side of the field, as receiver Skyy Moore came in motion from the left to right and broke back to the outside.

In the first 43 Super Bowls, only once did a team come back from a double-digit deficit to win. In the last 14 Super Bowls, it has happened 5 times.

Only team in the first 43 years to do it was the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl XXII, who beat the Denver Broncos 42-10 after trailing the Broncos 10-0.

The 5 times it’s happened in the last 14 SB’s:

XLIV: Saints beat Colts 31-17 after trailing 10-0

XLIX: Patriots beat Seahawks 28-24 after trailing 24-14

LI: Patriots beat Falcons 34-28 in OT after trailing 28-3

LIV: Chiefs beat 49ers 31-20 after trailing 20-10

LVII: Chiefs beat Eagles 38-35 after trailing 24-14

Back