• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1674992595979.jpeg

100px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png
vs
100px-Philadelphia_Eagles_logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, the real true story of the Cocaine Bear was that a bear ate 40 bags of coke it found in the woods and promptly died alone and miserable in the woods from massive brain hemorrhaging etc. But this movie is a gore slasher type film (perhaps dark comedy too) it seems where the bear goes on a murderous rampage

glxrZ.jpg

It's funny how everyone obsesses over this holding call but no-one is talking about the glaring inconsistency in the rules relating to what is a "catch".

Earlier in the game the receiver clearly catches a pass, has total and solid control of the ball, but gets it knocked out by a defender as he turns to run up field with it. It's run back for a touchdown ... but wait, sorry that wasn't a fumble - due to some bullshit technicalities.

Later a receiver catches the ball, is clearly fumbling with it while stepping out of bounds, barely gets control of it as he literally steps over the line. That's OK, it's a catch.

What dumb system that one of these is a catch and the other isn't.

He babbled again. And lost his point. The main thing for me is ...just remove touchy calls, only call egregious fouls, or those that affect the play. So theres more consistency thru the game too. But instead we always have....why was that not called earlier here and here and here....type situations with touchy/soft fouls.

For the record, i thought the DPI call against the Bengals in the last 1:40 of the game in last years SB was far worse and rigged-like call.

But every game, every year its getting worse

It was called holding, not PI? Or PI before the ball was thrown?
Anyway, I'm more curious in the X and Os of it.
I thought the chiefs motioned the eagles to death in the second.
It's called a hold if it happens before the QB releases the pass, and PI once the ball is in the air.

Holding is a 5 yard penalty (and an automatic 1st down).

PI is wherever the contact occurs (and also an automatic 1st down) - and the pass needs to be catchable.

Defenders get a bit grabby at the line of scrimmage to prevent the bigger play and only give up 5 yards, especially if they think they're about to break coverage.

sure you did !

You know what you are right actually my bad, I had Goedert 25+ not Smith 40+...I changed my mind on Smith and went Goedert instead.. Still, bet had won at half time. Easy money.

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 8.09.38 am.png

For the record, i thought the DPI call against the Bengals in the last 1:40 of the game in last years SB was far worse and rigged-like call.

This is true, absolute phantom call on Wilson vs Kupp. Nothing there at all.

I agree with Smith from a theatre of sports call. I think it's a totally reasonable position to have. Even though my team won it does feel anti climactic to end on that call after the game was so good.

But if a call is there to be made and it clearly affects a route (it did, Pat saw it and threw the ball longer to emphasize the discrepancy in the route, most QBs do that as they know the cues the refs use. Same as in AFL).
Eagles couldn't cover them.
We are asking for a missed call that affected a play which would have disadvantage the chiefs. It sucks for the spectacle but it was the right call.

What pisses me off in this fascination with the holding call we are missing the far more impactful and dangerous condition of the field as the major controversy.
The fact that was allowed to happen, players couldn't even celebrate after a score it was that bad.
It's also really s**t for the eagles with their short yardage stuff as it could have cost them majorly if they lost their footing on sneaks.
It also neutered their pass rush too, I think it made our tackles look better than what they are. Brown has struggled massively with speed rushers all year.

Should be focused on more, but instead it gets lost and the proper scrutiny is not applied.

On the game though, I though Hurts was phenomenal. He was the best player on the field all night. He made one mistake.
Mahomes was great but I feel like the chiefs actually had a better team Performance, special teams, defense stops at big moments, obviously offensively.
But it felt like Andy won that game, incredible performance by him.

Eagles will be back though, hopefully Jason can get ring number two and retire a winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith's view on this sort of thing varies pending which team it happens to.
Change the Eagles helmets to Blue stars and he would have an entirely different view applauding the Zebras for the call that had to be made and then he would rant on about the poor 2nd half defensive effort and you dont deserve to win if you can’t stop them etc etc.

Guy is an A class w***er and biased as *. No wonder Kane Cornes considers him a legend and the similarities between the 2 are remarkable. Both dead set campaigners.

I agree with Smith from a theatre of sports call. I think it's a totally reasonable position to have. Even though my team won it does feel anti climactic to end on that call after the game was so good.

But if a call is there to be made and it clearly affects a route (it did, Pat saw it and threw the ball longer to emphasize the discrepancy in the route, most QBs do that as they know the cues the refs use. Same as in AFL).
Eagles couldn't cover them.
We are asking for a missed call that affected a play which would have disadvantage the chiefs. It sucks for the spectacle but it was the right call.

What pisses me off in this fascination with the holding call we are missing the far more impactful and dangerous condition of the field as the major controversy.
The fact that was allowed to happen, players couldn't even celebrate after a score it was that bad.
It's also really s**t for the eagles with their short yardage stuff as it could have cost them majorly if they lost their footing on sneaks.
It also neutered their pass rush too, I think it made our tackles look better than what they are. Brown has struggled massively with speed rushers all year.

Should be focused on more, but instead it gets lost and the proper scrutiny is not applied.

On the game though, I though Hurts was phenomenal. He was the best player on the field all night. He made one mistake.
Mahomes was great but I feel like the chiefs actually had a better team Performance, special teams, defense stops at big moments, obviously offensively.
But it felt like Andy won that game, incredible performance by him.

Eagles will be back though, hopefully Jason can get ring number two and retire a winner.

Mailatas comments post game said it all, players on both sides were expressing how bad the surface was during breaks in play.

If the flag resulted in a shorter 3rd down instead of an automatic 1st down it would have felt less egregious. The fact it was an automatic 1st down with the Chiefs able to run the clock down and kick a game winning FG after an epic back and forth all day just felt extremely anticlimactic. It was such a minor one that yeah, maybe technically you could say it was there but with 1m40s left in a tied SB, turning a 4th down to a 1st and with minimal if any impact on the play - I dunno, you'd want to be bloody certain it's there if you're making that call.

The call was there, we just hate that the game finished that way.

I'm against "the theatre of the moment" argument, asking refs to judge the moment is yet another crazy judgement we're asking them to make. They are already stretching with the stupid way rules are returned already.

If you're going to make the call, just make sure you've been calling it that way all day. Don't swallow your whistle for "the moment". I'm pretty sure Saints fans aren't impressed with the botched PI call.

If it's soft, then that's up to the rule makers to fix. Not for the zebras to make it up as they go

The call was there, we just hate that the game finished that way.

I'm against "the theatre of the moment" argument, asking refs to judge the moment is yet another crazy judgement we're asking them to make. They are already stretching with the stupid way rules are returned already.

If you're going to make the call, just make sure you've been calling it that way all day. Don't swallow your whistle for "the moment". I'm pretty sure Saints fans aren't impressed with the botched PI call.

If it's soft, then that's up to the rule makers to fix. Not for the zebras to make it up as they go
Hammer / Nail and Head mate.

You cannot be changing the rules just because of the so called moment……

Zebras * up enough as it is let alone giving them the added pressure from up top to suddenly turn a blind eye now cause the whole world that watches 1 game a season must be pleased. 🥱

World sports history is littered with these moments regarding every type of game and just look at Soccer which is the worst and more corrupt than anything. Lucas Neil and that penalty against the Italians in Germany???

At least this flag/foul was actually there.

That's always the thing, if they've been calling them that way all day, fine, everyone knows what to expect. But gee, what a disciplined bunch of DB's both sides had yesterday...
Cause a flag is missed in the first half does that mean the refs have to miss everything for the rest of the game now in order to be consistent or is it better to actually get the calls right and admit an earlier * up but lets not miss another.

It is a double edge sword depending on who you wanted to win and team alliances etc. Reverse the teams involved and Philly fans would be gloating saying it was 100% the correct call and celebrating etc and dont tell me you wouldnt be!

Sometimes it sucks to be on the wrong end of the stick and trust me a Cowboys fans knows this all to well.

It is just the way pro sports are and for every achievement and massive high it gives you the disappointment of the past seems to linger and hurt more for some reason.

I still to this day remember the Dez no catch in GB after which the rules were changed more clearly than seeing 3 SB wins in the 90s. 🧐😎

Back