Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Messaged WFTs twitter....

-------

Shame it's too late....but DC Warlocks is so cool, and Washington Werewolves as good. Both tie in with existing teams with supernatural themed names (Wizards, Mystics).

Just stronger and something fans can get behind more than a political or military theme, and away from race (red tails).

Warriors is good, but avoiding Golden State, and being unique, Warlocks or Werewolves.

Pigskins would be interesting to stay near the former team name.

Commanders = Commies. Admirals, Armada, Brigade, all so weak and safe.

So many amateur/semi-pro clubs come up with unique and fascinating names but big pro clubs too scared, use boring generic names.

Hellbenders a local salamanda, so interesting

Belters as a local colloquialism for Beltway...like how Roughnecks or 49ers is to those regions. Another alternative.

I like Redwolves best. Never been a fan of most mythical names for some reason.
They ruled that out due to Arkansas State already called Red Wolves, and Wolverines taken by Michigan. Guess they want a wholly unique name too, regardless of trademarks.

Why many fans on reddit been brainstorming alternative names.

Seattle Kraken is actually good too, maybe I lie, I just dont like Wizards and Werewolves perhaps haha
There are a TON of very cool different names used by amateur/semi-pro teams. If you did a search, too many to name here. But Kraken is another example of the creativity of such clubs. I lament that the big pro clubs steer to the safe boring generic names.

Orlando Magic is a far better name than the Washington Wizards imo.

I liked when they were the Washington Bullets, but political correctness gone mad :/

Miami Heat is another great sports team name. The NBA really got it right when they brought Orlando and Miami in the same year.

You could have used Warriors , just spruced it up a bit to make it more Washington, something like The Washington Crimson Warriors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best uniform if it was brought back full time....

FJpnHJpVQAAHWjo

And best helmet of the Skins various versions...

iu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back