Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

All polls or studies I've seen show that the majority like or don't care for the name

So if a majority of black people don't mind being call Nword coz they have used it as a term of endearment does that mean other blacks can't be offended by it?

So if a majority of black people don't mind being call Nword coz they have used it as a term of endearment does that mean other blacks can't be offended by it?
I agree but the word isn't cancelled. And even tho it is practiced differently and by a larger demographic, it is still celebrated far more than redskin even tho pretty much everyone would agree it's worse

I actually don't completely disagree with changing the name. Logically thinking it makes no sense Like ADP made with the yellow skins thing. My point is I think it's a great name, not derogatory etc. and I don't want to go away from the Native American theme because it's very strong.

If it HAD to change, I think Natives would be best as I said earlier. Warriors sounds too tacky but even then that's what I associate 'Redskins' as anyway, as warriors.

I actually don't completely disagree with changing the name. Logically thinking it makes no sense Like ADP made with the yellow skins thing. My point is I think it's a great name, not derogatory etc. and I don't want to go away from the Native American theme because it's very strong.

If it HAD to change, I think Natives would be best as I said earlier. Warriors sounds too tacky but even then that's what I associate 'Redskins' as anyway, as warriors.

Natives is fine.

You wouldn't even need to change the logo.

Easy fix.

White people need to stop being offended on behalf of other races, its tiresome.
We arent offended - just using our majority voice to make louder the minority voice - gotta drown out the racists somehow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol so red people is not but redskins is ok

since when do people get to choose whether someone else is being derogatory btw? You're in my brain and get to decide what emotions I'm feeling when I say each word now?
How do you decide if something’s derogatory?

We can say Negro people, or black people, but we cant say Nig***. Because the latter is a racial slur, used to deride and belittle
but it can also be used in an endearing way, which is my point

People don't call their football team a ******* derogatory term do they

If you think Native American's are worthless POS you don't call your team the Redskins lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back