Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Nig*** is a word that specifically refers to the color of a races skin.
Redskin is a word that specifically refers to the color of a races skin.
Both terms characterizing a race by mere skin color.

Names like Raiders, Cowboys, Patriots, Outlaws, etc are referring not to color of a race, but characters from human history....could be any color, any race.

Why Chiefs, Braves, are ok. Even tho sections of Native Americans want them stricken from use in sports teams. Really, theyre not intrinsically racist like Redskins is....because it is fixated on color of skin just like the word Nig*** is. And both have bad overtones (as Nestle said so well).
N word isn't referring to colour of skin. It's a derogatory term for someone whose skin is that colour

Redskin is directly referring to the colour of the skin

The milk ones were a similar version but softer to chew, I ended up liking them much more. Can't remember the name tho, was it milkos?
0063925_allens-milko-chew-sticks-in-800g-bag_510.jpeg

Lets say they do change the name and logo because muh racism.

Will they be banning attendees from wearing old 'racist' merchandise?

71nGNSaWhXL._AC_UX522_.jpg

If Nike believes Redskins is racist, then surely they would offer anyone with Nike Redskins gear a full refund? (I know the hat isn't Nike).

Lets say they do change the name and logo because muh racism.

Will they be banning attendees from wearing old 'racist' merchandise?

71nGNSaWhXL._AC_UX522_.jpg

How is the logo racist?

Would you sing a song with the n word in it in front of a bunch of African Americans
It's irrelevant because whether I say it in front of a bunch of African Americans or by myself in my bedroom I'm still not using it in a racist way in that context (i.e. the way black people use it every day and intended to change the meaning to do so)

If I set out to disrespect a black person and use that word to spite them then that is a racist act. If I use it in a non racist manner, as is glorified in modern day pop culture, then it is obviously not racist. However, in this context it can still offend people, but just because someone is offended does not mean it is racist. So obviously I wouldn't go out of my way to offend someone by saying that word in front of them, and that is why I think no one should use that word, because of its historical connotations. Please follow along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the logo is outstanding personally. 100% they should keep it.
The logo is kinda stupid. Why would there be festhers outaide the circle when theyre already in the picture of the guy. Its like the new Jets logo is silly by having a football inside even tho the shape of the logo is in a football shape too.

They probably should go back to using the spear shape instead, like the Chiefs using the stone arrow tip. No actual imagery of a NA

The logo is kinda stupid. Why would there be festhers outaide the circle when theyre already in the picture of the guy. Its like the new Jets logo is silly by having a football inside even tho the shape of the logo is in a football shape too.

They probably should go back to using the spear shape instead, like the Chiefs using the stone arrow tip. No actual imagery of a NA

Don't know if it's just me but I love it with the feathers on the outside. But I get your point.

The Bengals logo is clearly the dumbest. Why you use the letter B and paint it in tiger colours and not use a C for Cincinnati instead? 😂
I think teams do that so that they are open to being relocated easily without major rebranding

Supposedly that's why Denver changed from the D logo at least

I agree tho it's stupid. I find it hard to believe they couldn't conjure up a sick tiger logo

I think teams do that so that they are open to being relocated easily without major rebranding

Supposedly that's why Denver changed from the D logo at least

I agree tho it's stupid. I find it hard to believe they couldn't conjure up a sick tiger logo

* me, how hard would it be to paint some other letter in Bengal stripes if you moved somewhere else. Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back