Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect inconsistencies as well but his pressure in close is simply not good enough

McLeod wasn't the greatest in close player, he didn't have to be. Had so many other weapons. Milera isn't McLeod, but his awareness, footy smarts, time and skills are not dissimilar. Milera is just a baby. 2 years off really showing his true worth. Is going to be a star for us, I have no doubt.

Milera has the raw talent you drool over as a recruiter. Just like I drooled over Caleb Daniel's talent. *sigh... Sorry, got off topic there.

He is such a good decision-maker and such a clean kick, if he can play like he did on the weekend and hunt a few more disposals, he's going to be a ripper :thumbsu:

Thoroughly deserved his nomination and hopefully it's just the first of many games at that level for Milera this year and beyond!

Highly doubt he can beat McGrath/Burton. He's a decent chance for top 5 though, IMO

Dont see what everyone else is seeing in Burton. Good player, would love to have him here. But he isnt in the same conversation as McGrath. If I were to pick second I would go Hayward. Also loving what Taranto is doing without dominating.

I take it Oliver is not eligible since he is not being mentioned.

Dont see what everyone else is seeing in Burton. Good player, would love to have him here. But he isnt in the same conversation as McGrath. If I were to pick second I would go Hayward. Also loving what Taranto is doing without dominating.

How can you not see what everyone sees in Burton?

Standing some very good opponents, getting a heap of the ball and using it well, is versatile and a good height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you on about we picked Galluci instead of Hayward you're in the wrong draft years man

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Standing some very good opponents, getting a heap of the ball and using it well, is versatile and a good height.

Yeah it sucks we missed out on Burton, but the recruiters are still human, they can make mistakes.... They have a great track record. It's not like they done goofed every draft....

If the mistakes happen continually, then we can hang grief on them, but until that happens, they have some credits in the bank

But that Milera kid they drafted goes alright! (being this is the Milera thread and not the Doedee thread)

We should've took a punt on Burton getting over his leg problems as we did when drafting Lever coming off a knee reco. After all he is a local that would've been SAs first picked had it not been for injury. We already scored Milera in that draft, we should've had 2 rising stars from that draft. Dammit.
maybe that's exactly why we didn't want to have two in two years.

Although atm Burton is looking like a very capable player, we need to remember just because it is Hawthorn doesnt mean they are right.

Look how O'meara has panned out. Only a 50% hit rate of picking players with a bad injury history, with a lot of time left to see if Burton holds up.

Likely we didnt take another 3rd tall with massive injury history, due to already having a young 3rd tall with acl history. Unfortunately Doedee has had injury struggles, but this was unforseeable.

Gotta love Milera though.

maybe that's exactly why we didn't want to have two in two years.
that is exactly why they should've picked Burton.
Picking Lever had worked a treat. He's hardly missed a beat, would've been a different story had he fell over. Why not do it again?
Could've and should've got another top 10 pick for a steal.
I bet the club's kicking themselves now.

Picking Lever had worked a treat. He's hardly missed a beat, would've been a different story had he fell over. Why not do it again?
Bit early to judge. Wait until they both start their careers perhaps.

What are you on about we picked Galluci instead of Hayward you're in the wrong draft years man

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I replied to a post that said that this years rising star was a 2 horse race between McGrath and Burton. My point was that I dont think Burton's performances are at the level of McGrath (who is Gallucci/Hayward's draft marty36). Burton is playing well and I would be very happy if he was a Crow, but I can't see how he is anywhere close to winning the rising star based on the first 10 rounds.

Lever was only 12 games into his career when the opportunity to pick Burton came along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back