Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair he was being played as a rebound defender. Those kind of guys are often not the best 1v1 but that doesn't mean they can't be useful.

Milera seems to get lost when he plays forward of centre. He loses all his instincts. The only time he's produced AFL standard footy has been off half back.
But he has to be able to defend, otherwise he leaks goals.

He has also shown signs of playing decent midfield but we have given him no consistency in that role, preferring the failed set up of Matt, Brad and Sloane.

But he has to be able to defend, otherwise he leaks goals.

He has also shown signs of playing decent midfield but we have given him no consistency in that role, preferring the failed set up of Matt, Brad and Sloane.
Brodie Smith can't defend for s**t either. Did he "leak goals" as a rebound defender?

Wayne-WEB.jpg

Milera was out of contract at the end of this year. This keeps him until the end of 2025, where he will be 28 and a 10-year unrestricted free agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the notification come up on my phone about a 5 year contract extension and was hoping it was about Brad Crouch. But happy to see Milera locked away for 5 years. Looked fantastic in patches in 2018 so hopefully we can get him back to that form this season.

Saw the notification come up on my phone about a 5 year contract extension and was hoping it was about Brad Crouch. But happy to see Milera locked away for 5 years. Looked fantastic in patches in 2018 so hopefully we can get him back to that form this season.

I thought exactly the same about Brad

This is a good step in the rebuilding of the team. We need all the quick skillful players we can get. “Realizing your apparent potential” is the challenge facing many of our players. Hopefully Nicks etc can make it happen

Not sure how I feel about this. He showed signs in 2019 that he has a long way to go.

We are backing him in to show his 2018 form again and we now have him long term in the likelihood he does return to that form. He's shown elite form at times, he was an elite junior, so I have no problem with it.

If not, we can do what every other club does these days: salary dump his contract on a shitter team

Great news for Wayne, last season he was badly hampered by injury and really cooked once his shoulder AC joint was smashed. This should be a sign for all of us that medically the club has done all of the tests and he has been cleared with flying colours! Let's back him in for 2020, this is a fantastic show of faith in the club by Wayne as well, very pleased with this all round!

Just finished watching the 2 lastest video releases from the Crows re Milera, and two things stand out,
Firstly he has grown a lot in how he talks to the media he a lot different today than he was in previous years, his confidence has grown to a new level
And the 2nd video I forgot how elusive he is as a player he has talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back