Game Day WCE v FREO Optus 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its annoying in the moment but I think the game's better for it. More free kicks paid the more the ball keeps moving. Today would've been a much better spectacle if the umpires' had remembered holding the ball exists too.
Love the lasso rule, but yes, holding the ball needs to be tightened up %1000 percent. Too many players in AFLW generally make no attempt to get the ball out because they know the umps will never pay it. Slows the game down, makes congestion much worse.

Mmm, yeah I reluctantly concede you are right...
For now haha, I'm hoping there comes a day where the skills and speed are at a place where it can be scrapped.
I'm sure this is an uncontroversial take that won't get a lot of people up in arms, but I'd actually like to see the men's rules moved closer to the women's rules and not the other way round. Lasso, 16 a side, throw in's 10m in I think would all improve the men's game were they adopted, and tbh I think you can argue 16 might still be too many.

Sarah Lakay with 42 hitouts today!

From what I can find, that's the second most recorded in a game in AFLW history. Erin McKinnon (GWS) holds the record with 47 reached in round 10 of season 6.

So impressive for a ruckman in her second season, one of the shining lights today.
once she becomes more body confident and if she works on her handballs from ground ball to midfielder, legitimate monster ruck

From what I can find, that's the second most recorded in a game in AFLW history. Erin McKinnon (GWS) holds the record with 47 reached in round 10 of season 6.

So impressive for a ruckman in her second season, one of the shining lights today.

Her improvement this season has been amazing and exceeded my expectations ten fold.
She is by far and away our most improved player this season.

Her improvement this season has been amazing and exceeded my expectations ten fold.
Rowley too, she has the cleanest hands in the team.

I thought she was really good last year, just she was getting pushed out of position by Laurie, but yes her improvement has also be amazing

Second season, first YEAR. Makes you wonder how much better the players/comps development would be if they got to have a full season playing each team once each.

I thought she was really good last year, just she was getting pushed out of position by Laurie, but yes her improvement has also be amazing

She ran out of puff to easily last season, she has obviously put a lot of work into developing her tank and its paying off, big time.

Its so important that she develops and can hold down the # 1 ruck mantle, because Lauren Wakfer could be a very good KPF, who chops out in the ruck.

We had 47 to their 91 tackles.... Ouch. Nearly doubled them in hitouts and everything else was pretty even. Also, how the * did Lewis poll so few votes with 25 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal?

Is she a local girl?

She was very good. Immediately identified the correct body position and put herself between the ball and the Freo ruck. The hitouts to advantage struggled on both sides but there's a lot to work with there when she has built the running ability to get involved around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots to like today.

Lewis and Swanson were tough inside

Lakay was a beast - would have liked to see her protected from the deliberate early jump from Freo which should have been called blocking

Bartlett and Roberts looked good at times and keep getting better

Western ran her but off in q4 and was generally clean

Rowley and Thomas provided polish in defence

In the absence of Shilling, Hartill showed signs as a defensive tall

Good early signs from Britton Smith and Bushby

The not so good

Bennett was awful and was slow and unfit. Not even WAFLW fit

Cameron has list confidence and looked a liability up front (she is a momentum killer)

Schmidt and Simmons were very quiet

Lots to take away from the game - we were unable to halt the q3 momentum and panicked in 2h delivering into front half

Cameron has no business being in this team now.

She's legitimately gone backwards each season since her debut year.

Fitness hasn't improved, concentration hasn't improved, second efforts, corralling and chasing.... we need an alternative creative forward. Duffy would've been nice.
Yes, disappointing with what has happened to Cameron. She looked a very dynamic player when she started but not anymore. Can hardly get the ball, she usually does something with it when she gets it but that is all too rare atm.

Can’t help but think that fitness is a key issue. Although in saying that, McCarthy doesn’t look terribly fit but she does keep going though.

Sadly, Cameron’s AFLW career looks to be slipping away unless there is a turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back