Game Day WCE v FREO Optus 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They're right on top of us now and will probably steal a 2 odd goal win at the end of the day.

Positive signs but very frustrating as this was a very winnable game, and we were all over them early.

Heaps of work to do with bringing the ball inside 50, and the forward structure in general. At the moment it seems to be kick it long and hope that Western can find enough space to run on to it.

That's not going to work consistently. Doesn't help that Cameron and Schmidt have been invisible all game.

We were supposed to be an absolute rabble this year, have two wins on the board and showing some really good signs in this game despite not capitalising on our domination but all I see is Thorne complaining like we were grand final aspirants and can't get our s**t together.

Glass half full approach, please. I thought we'd be going winless this season. Its not the finished product but it is an improvement on last year, which we needed.

Stay blessed 🙏♥️
Thornes a fun ranter though. You're allowed to be negative if I enjoy reading it, that's the rule.

Umps have handed Freo the lead, then missed 3 free kicks to us late and finally (correctly) paid one against Camo, who stunk it up. She looks a bit frustrated at herself.

Umps have handed Freo the lead, then missed 3 free kicks to us late and finally (correctly) paid one against Camo, who stunk it up. She looks a bit frustrated at herself.
Umpiring has been atrocious but wouldn’t say it’s been particularly biased.

Reluctant to call anything, even ball ups. We just got away with a drop kick whilst in a tackle, it’s bizarre stuff out there.

Thornes a fun ranter though. You're allowed to be negative if I enjoy reading it, that's the rule.

Can't say I'm finding any joy or humour in reading about how trash we were in the first half despite leading.

I know it's not all roses, but it's not all manure either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring has been atrocious but wouldn’t say it’s been particularly biased.

Reluctant to call anything, even ball ups. We just got away with a drop kick whilst in a tackle, it’s bizarre stuff out there.

I agree with that. Unfortunately they got a goal from a juggle which was called a mark, and given they're hard to come by that one really hurts. About as much as watching Freo "handball"

Can't say I'm finding any joy or humour in reading about how trash we were in the first half despite leading.

I know it's not all roses, but it's not all manure either
We weren’t trash in the first half though, that’s where my frustration stems from.

Our lead up play (until we hit the flank at least) has been pretty damn good.

Bennett and Cameron are like witches hats.... Plenty of hungry girls ready to step up. Ella Smith, Gomes. Tell ya what tho, our young recruits are looking like they are going to rise to this level very quickly, Bushby and Britton have both been miles ahead of what some of our senior girls have been dishing up.

We were supposed to be an absolute rabble this year, have two wins on the board and showing some really good signs in this game despite not capitalising on our domination but all I see is Thorne complaining like we were grand final aspirants and can't get our s**t together.

Glass half full approach, please. I thought we'd be going winless this season. Its not the finished product but it is an improvement on last year, which we needed.

Stay blessed 🙏♥️

I quite like that we get to have high expectations of our team - it's satisfying being pissed off at stuff like goalkicking accuracy (knowing that we'd be in front if we were cleaner) rather than knowing we're just s**t like with the men's.

Feels like knowing we've got a good painting going but being annoyed at the smudges because we care about the product and rate what it could be - the men's season this year I'd liken to a scribbly toddler's work that we're trying to find some sort of hidden artistic talent in anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back