Game Day WCE v FREO Optus 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointing result. Much more structured performance and visible improvement across the board.

Lewis absolutely everywhere today, a purposeful in everything she did. Lakay will be a big plus. Roberts showing why she’s rated so highly.

Freo too poised in those final three minutes, but they had a dip. Left too many very gettable goals out there early.

Ah well, some more signs. Leave that one thinking the program has some direction, which shouldn’t be noteworthy but it is.

And that is why children shouldnt be umpiring professional sports, should have been 50 for time wasting but pays free the other way

Good effort to fight it out in the last.

On the whole a fair result in the end, Freo fought back well after quarter time. The ‘what if’ hurts though, I’m sick of losing. Supporting the men, the Beagles and Perth doesn’t help. Thought we were on today for the maiden derby win.

Take away the positives but gee there’s a lot of work to do (nothing we didn’t know already though).

What a ridiculous reversal.

Ah well, looked so much better today than we have in previous derbies. Just hurts that we couldn’t pull through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Average losing margin of over 6 goals to the Purps. Admirable performance today. Half a straight kick off it. Freo absolutely gifted at least one. Some appalling umpiring in both directions, but I reckon Freo got the better of it.

Pretty rapt with some of the green shoots today. Lewis, Rowley, Britton, Lakay 👍 Couple of wins has become infectious and the girls seem to have better buy in.

Bit more dead weight to cut or at least make them earn their spot, but I like what I see compared to last year. Looks a bit closer to two seasons ago.

Could be consider re-shuffling a little bit to maybe throw McCarthy forward? We really lack a strong presence up front as a focal point. I know she's not the tall target we need but she's strong and would offer something to aim at.

If not her, then maybe Thomas? She's possibly the best contested mark we have in the side at present.

Hahahaha seriously? Geez she is doing everything she can to try and give a balanced take, I guess. I've come across a few of her articles and they're never positive. Must be said I rarely browse The West at all. Maybe she goes for the click bait.
I'd argue you'd have to be quite biased if you wrote mainly positive things about our womens programme over the years tbh

I was very happy with the way the girls played.

Improvement shown in many aspects of our game today, which is encouraging.

While we didn't get the chocolates today The Unwashed will be well and truely aware that we are coming and its wont be that far away that we knock them off.
I cant stomach the loss if in the long term that lends itself to The Unwashed finishing above us and therefore we get picks 1 and 3, as I don't see it being that good a draft from the WA pool this year.

Also very frustrating when pigtails makes a totally *ed umpiring decision, that impacts the flow and potential outcome of the game, at a crucial moment.

Anyone else absolutely ******* sick of the Lasso rule?
Its annoying in the moment but I think the game's better for it. More free kicks paid the more the ball keeps moving. Today would've been a much better spectacle if the umpires' had remembered holding the ball exists too.

Could be consider re-shuffling a little bit to maybe throw McCarthy forward? We really lack a strong presence up front as a focal point. I know she's not the tall target we need but she's strong and would offer something to aim at.

If not her, then maybe Thomas? She's possibly the best contested mark we have in the side at present.
I think we need McCarthy around the ball too much to move her but I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas tried forward. She's clearly one of the most skilled players we've got but I dont know if she has the desperation you want from a defender.

Its annoying in the moment but I think the game's better for it. More free kicks paid the more the ball keeps moving. Today would've been a much better spectacle if the umpires' had remembered holding the ball exists too.
Mmm, yeah I reluctantly concede you are right...
For now haha, I'm hoping there comes a day where the skills and speed are at a place where it can be scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back