Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

As good as Tex was last year Dawson was just as good.
Agree he has gone backwards too.

First disposal of the match....

He did provide some classy i50s that our forwards couldn't contest though.

The one Ryan intercepted between the top of goal square and 50 arc was all on Tex.

That is where a forward should want the ball.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am not trying to rub it in. I dont hate or dislike the crows.

I rather them win a grand final vs most sides, Especially vs Vic sides.

Yes you can bring up Andrew McLeod all you want. But Imagine Crows chose Pav over Ken McGregor.

I can cop it with the worst of them. But you need to be honest here. Its very hard for any non vic club like your crows and my dockers to win it, unless you face another non vic side.

Hoping tassie becomes decent too.
I’ll play.

Pav -an absolute superstar, however he finished his career with no bling. The mistake wasn’t picking Mcgregor over Pav, it was trading for Wayne Carey instead of Pav when he wanted to come home. But we can all play games of hindsight until the cows come home, but it doesn’t change anything It’s about making it work with what you’ve got. But I will say this respectfully. If you had kept McLeod you probably still wouldn’t have won a flag. If we didn’t get McLeod we probably wouldn’t have won our flags. Sometimes the stars just have to align.

Agree he has gone backwards too.

First disposal of the match....

He did provide some classy i50s that our forwards couldn't contest though.

The one Ryan intercepted between the top of goal square and 50 arc was all on Tex.

That is where a forward should want the ball.

I think I’d give up too, if I had to play against a loose man every game.
But Tex is certainly not fit atm.

What’s clear is 2023 was on the back of Tex and Rahilly.

Tex not only kicked the goals, he gave the team confidence. Now he’s not only struggling to kick a goal, he’s being beaten. The teams dropping their head and we are struggling to score.

Secondly Rahilly obviously knew what he was doing, he was in charge of ball movement and the forward line, both gone to s**t.

And Nicks sucks

Tex has been losing clean and pressureless possessions to opponents for the last 2 years. It's only now that his offence isn't masking it.

All backlines play a loose man. Ours is switched between Worrell.and MM.

Tex is old, can excuse him.

Fog's reluctance to lead and meet the ball is an issue. He can do it, and generally gets rewarded when he does. Just not often enough.

That’s an interesting statement. I thought we had the fitness guru, but we don’t look to be running teams off their feet. We definitely don’t look fit out there.

All backlines play a loose man. Ours is switched between Worrell.and MM.

Tex is old, can excuse him.

Fog's reluctance to lead and meet the ball is an issue. He can do it, and generally gets rewarded when he does. Just not often enough.

Yeah but not all teams allow it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's the obvious arrogance in that statement. Then there's a deeper arrogance.

They just assume people will follow another team. The idea that people just walk away doesn't even occur to them.
Yeah, I just wouldn't follow the afl anymore. Wouldn't matter which club Id hypothetically switch to, it wouldnt feel the same anymore. Not when you've been brought up to follow a team.

On current form I reckon 1-9 after 10, although hesitant to rule out 0-10.
North in Tassie with their speed and midfield could easily kill us, Dons at AO, will not be easy either.

All jokes aside, 0-10 is a remote possibility, more like 2-8 at best and thats a joke to resign a coach for another 2 years.

North in Tassie with their speed and midfield could easily kill us, Dons at AO, will not be easy either.

All jokes aside, 0-10 is a remote possibility, more like 2-8 at best and thats a joke to resign a coach for another 2 years.
Who’s the best available player in the mid season draft ?
Pay out Sloane, give a kid a chance

Yeah but not all teams allow it.
Yep agree.

Our forwards need to make them accountable.

Our forward play this year has been poor.

Plenty of other things wrong across the ground and in the coaching box.

But, the most obvious thing a forward can do, even with poor delivery, is get in front. Even if you don't mark the ball, you still control the play.

Rahilly leaving is an issue in tactical play. But right now, Tex and Fog aren't even doing the most fundamental things right.

Burgess is. Leads up, plays in front, has good hands and knows how to use his body

Put him in Tex's role. But his goal kicking is suspect.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just wouldn't follow the afl anymore. Wouldn't matter which club Id hypothetically switch to, it wouldnt feel the same anymore. Not when you've been brought up to follow a team.
The dark reality is that there are some supporters that will genuinely never see us win a flag again.

There has been premiership droughts much much longer than ours, its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Fortunately I have a passion for punting, so the AFL always keeps me interested. Its been 7+ years since 2017 and we are no where near a chance to win a flag in 2024.

The dark reality is that there are some supporters that will genuinely never see us win a flag again.

There has been premiership droughts much much longer than ours, its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Fortunately I have a passion for punting, so the AFL always keeps me interested. Its been 7+ years since 2017 and we are no where near a chance to win a flag in 2024.
Rocco Riccuitto will hold up our next Premiership cup.

Will be his last AFL match having announced his retirement to the boys straight after the game.

Bookmark it.

Rocco Riccuitto will hold up our next Premiership cup.

Will be his last AFL match having announced his retirement to the boys straight after the game.

Bookmark it.

I have posted on here years ago, Roo rebuilt our elite midfield on his own with his family.

I agree, thats our golden opportunity when/if his kids do/can come on.

Back