Welcome New Posters - Drop in and say hi

Remove this Banner Ad

hi all, i love the blues have done so all my life.my earliest memories go back to watching big nick, syd jackson,jezza and serge in probably his last year or so.carlton have given me wonderful memories.walking to the ground on sat arvo from grandmas place and that sense of local neighbourhood ill never forget. in the last years of playing at princes park the new age residents used to piss me off with their winging about parking and noise,the club was there in the 1800s ,i cant help but feel these yuppies and greenies destroyed an atomosphere of neighbourhood character that cant be replaced.anyway cant wait for 2011 got a feeling (hope) of a blues pies gf.
p.s.thought about joining talking carlton but they seem like an over sensitive bunch,i much prefer this forum where posters arent censored for trivia

Welcome gardiner stand, enjoy.

Not sure where we are placed on the censorship issue. Take a look at our rules thread stickied on our thread index page. It might provide some insight.

May as well post in here, although I'm not a 'rookie' as such. I've been a forum lurker for the better part of this year, I think it was after the Essendon game in Round 3 from memory {very dark day that one was}. I joined a few months later and have been posting here and there, but as mentioned by others, I'm also one of those who likes to read more than post. When I can, I attend training sessions and try to provide information on what happened, although my first report was today. As the name suggests, I have the obvious man-love for Judd {who doesn't?}, and, of course, a kind of stalkerish love of the man in 23, Hendo. I love reading the opinions of others on this board, although quite often, I don't agree, but half of the time, they're trolls anyway.

Although I'm pretty young, I still think I have a good understanding of footy, and with holidays on now, I should be able to post a little more often.
well there goes your chances of fitting in around here

Jumped on the Blues in '99

Welcome Rookies. .. I'm a draftee, least my club membership says that, grr sif member since 2011, gipped me a year, hehe. .. anywho I'm also a target, so if you need an opinion to shoot down just yell "Pull!" and I'll be there. .. :)

How about we have a buddy draft and write reports on a new posters development over the season?

Jeremias, will you do the honors?

I'll take 2 if required. :p

Oh and just a heads up for newbies - he who must not be named (Starchamber) may return one day to wreak havoc on this quiet community, so be prepared!

Hey guys/gals (If you really do exist on Bigfooty) I'm a long time reader, first time poster. As I am a teacher, I feel I may have a bit of free time on my hands the coming 6 weeks, and thought what better way to relax then joining this at times delightful but generally ridiculous on-line community.

I love my blues and other sports, and only hope that starchamber returns so I can have the pleasurable experience of retorting his b/s.

Whilst I'm here and just noticed these buttons I might as well throw some of them in so heres a :confused: and a ;) (haha I like him he's cool) a couple o' these :footy::footy::footy: and some of this :thumbsu:

Oh and just a heads up for newbies - he who must not be named (Starchamber) may return one day to wreak havoc on this quiet community, so be prepared!
Someone will have to teach him how to create an alias that is undetectable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys/gals (If you really do exist on Bigfooty) I'm a long time reader, first time poster. As I am a teacher, I feel I may have a bit of free time on my hands the coming 6 weeks, and thought what better way to relax then joining this at times delightful but generally ridiculous on-line community.

Gday and welcome mate!

The first post is always nerve wracking.

As a teacher you might be intrested in the Education and Society/religon and politics (SRP) subforums as well. It gets quite heated over on the SRP boards (as you might expect).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back