Player Watch #19 Peter Ladhams

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't suit their game style at present. So it will be interesting seeing how he is used (more on ball IMO).
Dawson already confirmed that in his first press conference, saying they wanted to use him a bit inside as well (which I think is dumb but what do I know)

Absolutely no idea what that means but I'll agree because it makes the Crows sound dumb!

As Kiama Chris mentioned.

A claymore is an anti-personnel mine that detonates if you walk in front it.

iu

(Yes, they really do say 'Front Toward Enemy' on them)

Or it's a large sword, often seen in anime, usually wielded by small girl who is 1/8th the size of the sword.

iu

Two possible meanings and both Crows dumb.
A mine blowing up and destroying everything.
A sword but no room to swing it.
Pretty classy.

Yes I'm not entirely sure which claymore was being referred to, but both were very accurate.

Kapers has a very twisted mind and needless to say it's put a lot of strain on our marriage.

Keep telling yourself that. Dawson will be top 3 at the Crows next year, and likely for 5+ years hence. He's a gigantic loss.
We'll miss him but he'll be top 3 of a bottom 6 team. When they started last season so well it was on the back of Taylor Walker dominating those games.
Where is he at with that club. A shambles..............but hey, they've just recruited the second coming of Christ one would think by how their supporters have carried on. He had a great year for us but it took 5 years of development in our system before that to get to this point. That's what is disappointing but the Crows wouldn't want to pin their hopes on Dawson. They need the game plan that will utilise his assets to compliment the team. We did that well as a team & he delivered for us.

I think Ladhams fills a void more so than the void that has been left by the Dawson departure.

Out: Dawson & $600K & further future speculation about leaving us.
In:Ladhams & $400K & further development in our system & a ruckman for potentially 8 or so years.

So basically gave up a 2022 third-rounder (which would be around the late 40's assuming a similar finish) and a slight pick downgrade in a draft where the mid teens picks are meant to be quite even. Very good deal for us. Think he's a better player than Hickey was coming to Sydney and a lot younger so I think he could be a genuine gun for us.

I'm shattered. He is the best young ruck in the comp and moves like a midfielder. Accurate kick at goal too.
He grew up near Alberton and loved Port.
Look after big Pisty for us.

That's up for debate. He could nail something 50m out on a decent angle and then nearly miss his boot and not make the distance from 40m out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon this bloke along with Franklin provide the perfect foil for McDonald to take the third defender which will be perfect for his development
Hope they can find a role for Mclean and Armartey they both worked pretty hard to get in the 22. Armartey could be that swingman Reid replacement if needed but can't have Logan and Mclean in the same team with Buddy and Ladhams and I'd hate to see Logan not cement a spot this year. Mclean I rate but if I was him I probably wouldn't have signed the deal to stay, though I'm glad to have him. But dunno how he'll be in the side much next year.

And what have Amartey and McLean done for them to be not considered middle of the road big dudes ?

I don't get why those two don't get the same leniency of our other youths. They are both 22 and have played a combined 29 games. And were it not for one of the greatest players of all time, at least one of them would've been getting a helluva lot more opportunities to play.

Taking all of that into account, I think they should both be considered incredibly promising talents.

Deal nearly fell over. Beatson called it off with 30 mins to go.

Beatson had said that if Port didn't accept our last bid by 7pm it was all over red rover. They hadn't.
Seems the manager called Kinnear at 7.01 and pleaded for a few more minutes, then called Port.
If that was the case, he earned his fee!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back