Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to him on SEN this morning he sounds like a good guy ready to grab this chance with both hands. His dad Jack sounded like a real character-was reported to have been the only player to drop Robbie Muir. His dad also came from a soccer background and moved across to footy after being banned for life from the round ball game.

He is definitely a chip of the old block, looks like his old man but is a bit taller

His old man was rough as guts and a dirty player but very talented, played for a team I hated here in Tas, Cooee Bulldogs, I was only a kid but hated him as well lol dirty bastard, Jack now runs a shop in town where i work selling mostly football stuff, I have talked him a few time , he seems ok now

Good luck to Brody though, hope he does well

Ha a guy at work was just talking about how he went into that shop when he was on holiday there last week. Apparently we have been into him for a few years but he just never quite made the cut in terms of getting picked.

The gruelling truth of making it as a mature ager: Collingwood rookie’s story of persistence

COLLINGWOOD rookie Brody Mihocek has revealed the hardships he faced, and ultimately overcame, in finally securing a spot on an AFL list.

And in doing so, he has painted a very gruelling yet typical picture of what all mature age recruits must endure to realise their football dreams.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/th...e/news-story/87ea9412e5d67f1d70ef45560ca37940

Just caught his highlights... he does look a bit er ponderous... but seems to be a good reader of the play and certainly not scared to back into pack to mark the ball... if he's a toughnut then great, we need a few more..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably my favorite selection from the draft, pretty good defenders have come from late picks and rookie drafts.

Yeah I'm pretty rapt with this pick too. I'd also look at making Nick Maxwell, now he's back at the club, his direct mentor.

Both from the rookie list and both that same sort of under sized, not overly quick, intercept marking key defender. If he can forge out half the career as Nick we will have struck rookie gold.

Yeah I'm pretty rapt with this pick too. I'd also look at making Nick Maxwell, now he's back at the club, his direct mentor.

Both from the rookie list and both that same sort of under sized, not overly quick, intercept marking key defender. If he can forge out half the career as Nick we will have struck rookie gold.

Maxy will have his hands full for a while, alot of s**t he needs to clean up and get right.

Boyd/Dunn/Goldsack should be more then enough help for Brody.

Maxwell was bloody fast.

Maxy apparently has his hands full working with some kid named Kulcha.

Adams?
Greenwood?
JDG?
Goldsack?
Dunn?

Of that lot really only Greenwood provides some mongrel....and he's in and out of the side so the impact is rare. I do suspect it is one of the reasons Levi gets more games than most would expect...Mihocek reminds me vaguely of Scott Thompson (the NM one), must be something in the water down there at PortM, or maybe Ayers schools them that way...

Of that lot really only Greenwood provides some mongrel....and he's in and out of the side so the impact is rare. I do suspect it is one of the reasons Levi gets more games than most would expect...Mihocek reminds me vaguely of Scott Thompson (the NM one), must be something in the water down there at PortM, or maybe Ayers schools them that way...
You don't rate Adams' mongrel skills :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back