Player Watch Moana Hope moved to Nth Melb. Where to now? Post # 313

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks CrowdedHouse for the opportunity ...

- How much do the strategy / tactics from the men's game translate into the women's game? (Anybody tempted to make any snide remarks about this, please don't - it's a sincere question)

- IIRC the AFL women's lists only have 25 players? That doesn't provide much contingency for injuries - even for a season limited to 8 games. Is the women's game less physical, do players get injured less, what's the theory behind only having 25 players?

- when does training officially start? Have you started spending time with the coaches?

- do you have any sense yet about who will be the teams to beat in the competition?

Last edited:
Last chance for questions, as tomorrow at 8am I'll be putting all those questions onto a list to ask Moana tomorrow.

Interview after the game might be around 2.30/2.45 due to the H-Sun and ABC being there as well.

Thanks everyone for your questions.

A reminder that Mo just needs one more goal and the match starts at 12pm at RF Miles Reserve in Seaford.

You can listen to the coverage on [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.]'s radio stream and we expect Mo to join us on-air around 2.30/2.45pm.

Mo Hope.jpg

Thanks everyone for your questions.

A reminder that Mo just needs one more goal and the match starts at 12pm at RF Miles Reserve in Seaford.

You can listen to the coverage on [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.]'s radio stream and we expect Mo to join us on-air around 2.30/2.45pm.

View attachment 279094

The red bits in that pic should be black :)

Good luck for the interview, thanks for getting us involved :thumbsu:

Moana joined us on GPF radio and via Facebook live.

She answers your questions in this video (that was recorded live) - jump to 12 minutes in.

Like for ...

- Tinny of Carlton Draft on the ledge :beermug: :thumbsu:

- Great commentary - The three of you should replace the dinosaurs who commentate AFL. Generational change is long overdue. Matthew Cox sounds like a race Caller :p

- Moana Hope - relaxed, articulate, interesting, sincere, open. Wonderful role model! And haven't even seen her play footy yet. Please keep the CFC media trainers away from her :p

Moana joined us on GPF radio and via Facebook live.

She answers your questions in this video (that was recorded live) - jump to 12 minutes in.

What an impressive young woman, clear thinking and seems to be very 'team' orientated. Think we have a good one here.

What an impressive young woman, clear thinking and seems to be very 'team' orientated. Think we have a good one here.

Kicking 100 in a Season does pretty much say we have a Gun on our Hands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like for ...

- Tinny of Carlton Draft on the ledge :beermug: :thumbsu:

- Great commentary - The three of you should replace the dinosaurs who commentate AFL. Generational change is long overdue. Matthew Cox sounds like a race Caller :p

- Moana Hope - relaxed, articulate, interesting, sincere, open. Wonderful role model! And haven't even seen her play footy yet. Please keep the CFC media trainers away from her :p

Ha Ha, love the Tinny thumbs up.

Plus I think you got me and Cocksy mixed up. He's the calm one and I sound like I'm going at 100 miles an hour! :p - Pete

Side note: Results have fallen the Sharks way and Moana's team has finished 2nd. They'll play Darebin in the major semi final, next Sunday at 2.30pm at Box Hill City Oval (for those in the area).

Here's the moment Moana Hope kicked her 100th goal, and the celebrations... and the haka(!) that followed afterwards.

Vision courtesy of the VFL, Commentary by [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.] Radio

So Hope from NZ?

Have you heard her back story?
One of 12 kids, father has died and mother has significant health problems. She cares for her mother, she has a disabled sister that she is primary carer for, and runs her own business. She also trains about 10 hrs a week. Day begins about 4.30 am when she does the scheduling for the days work for her business, then training, then breakfast, take sister to the facility she goes to, then work, pick up sister, train again.

I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back