Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the tips and it is probably time to hit the weights again.

Up until now I've stayed away from weights due to the advice from my cardiologist (its been 1 1/2 years since my heart attack) but it is time to mix it up a bit.

Don't have an issue on either treadmill or cycles at Next Gen.

Reckon your best taking your docs advice rather than an Internet forum if you've had a heart attack

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon your best taking your docs advice rather than an Internet forum if you've had a heart attack

It's ok, I have a greater understanding on my body and know how far I can push myself. He said I was mad when I did my first triathlon earlier this year. No time like the present at 55 to start after a second chance - this is not a dress rehearsal.

Thanks for the tips and it is probably time to hit the weights again.

Up until now I've stayed away from weights due to the advice from my cardiologist (its been 1 1/2 years since my heart attack) but it is time to mix it up a bit.

Don't have an issue on either treadmill or cycles at Next Gen.
ah ok, well I'm happy for you to completely disregard everything I've said and listen to advice from him mate, I won't pretend to know a single thing about rehabbing after a heart attack.

EDIT:
It's ok, I have a greater understanding on my body and know how far I can push myself. He said I was mad when I did my first triathlon earlier this year. No time like the present at 55 to start after a second chance - this is not a dress rehearsal.
just saw this one too mate, good on you, but don't go killing yourself just to prove me wrong either OK ;):thumbsu:

Alrighty, I need to get on this train....started walk/run of 2 miles (3.21 km) yesterday because I am so woefully out of shape.

I start this process at 6'2, 260...which translates to roughly 188cm and 118kg I believe.

Like to get down eventually to 210 pounds (95.25kg) which is where I was when my son was born 8 years ago and I was still actively playing sports.

So the journey begins for me fella's...make sure someone smacks me upside the head if I get quiet. ;)

Alrighty, I need to get on this train....started walk/run of 2 miles (3.21 km) yesterday because I am so woefully out of shape.

I start this process at 6'2, 260...which translates to roughly 188cm and 118kg I believe.

Like to get down eventually to 210 pounds (95.25kg) which is where I was when my son was born 8 years ago and I was still actively playing sports.

So the journey begins for me fella's...make sure someone smacks me upside the head if I get quiet. ;)

Start slow but then build it up. To get the results you're looking for combination of diet and exercise. When you start really hitting the exercise hard after a month or two of building up to it and dropping say 10 kilo. The results will slow so will be time for supplements and the US has plenty of legal ones which work great at burning body fat

The best one is 7 Keto really does work but wait until your results stagnate

Start slow but then build it up. To get the results you're looking for combination of diet and exercise. When you start really hitting the exercise hard after a month or two of building up to it and dropping say 10 kilo. The results will slow so will be time for supplements and the US has plenty of legal ones which work great at burning body fat

The best one is 7 Keto really does work but wait until your results stagnate

Agreed..and 3.2 Km walking/light jogging is starting painfully slow...I know I am so out of whack I have no choice. Trying to modify the diet as well and you are right...neeed to work my way into it.

Just figured I would declare my jump on the ol' exercise train.

Good stuff AmericanCrow

I started October 1 at 113kg and today I sit on 99.8kg. I have another 8kg to go as a base line

All it has really been is 10,000 steps per day (7kms) and a 1600 calorie day. Stopped eating after 7pm( with 1 or 4 exceptions) . ie no potato chips, sugar lollies, biscuits, etc. Have cut back on the bread and pasta . Living on my own , I still cook for 3 and instead of finishing it off I am now putting the extra into containers for the next day.

I set a goal to into the double figures and am very happy to do it.

Good luck to all those jumping off the sugar train :D

Agreed..and 3.2 Km walking/light jogging is starting painfully slow...I know I am so out of whack I have no choice. Trying to modify the diet as well and you are right...neeed to work my way into it.

Just figured I would declare my jump on the ol' exercise train.

With your diet initially change one thing either limit sugar or limit carbs or limit alcohol don't try all at once you will drop kilos immediately

Oh yeah and heaps of water its a bit of a cheating way but it does encourage you when you see results

Last edited:
Will find out the results of Christmas/New years tomorrow night. Didn't manage it well and hoping for no more than a 2kg gain.

Will cut hard if i'm back over 80

Renowned Australian cardiologist..

eYotRR.png

Thought I'd give an update -

still around the same weight but more muscle now (especially the legs)

Next step - training now for half ironman in December - now there is a challenge (especially swimming).

Doing 4-5 sessions per week - two swim (got to get my technique right as I'm hopeless at the moment), one gym cycle of about an hour, one a 9km run (just shy of an hour) and the last a two hour road ride (covering 55 kms). A good base to work up over next 9 months.

Did my first 10km road run on Saturday, the legs hurt but lower back was worse but refused to give up and soldiered on to the end averaging 8kms per hour, not record breaking by any means. Followed up with 53 km bike ride on Sunday over 2 hours. Legs were stuffed but more firsts achieved. Never run 10kms in my life before.

Persistence is the key and when it got tough realised I had to get to the end - the positive my time per km was consistent over the 10kms (with exception of first 4 kms).

2nd anniversary of "the event" occurs on Monday - what I've done in two years has surprised me but a whole lot of work to do and I'm not done yet.

An update from me.
I have now lost 17 kg and reached my official initial goal weight. Loving buying size 10's again!! (still want to go further but its a huge step) Its taken 2 years but going slow has allowed me to have an exercise and lifestyle routine that is completely sustainable long term. I also did manage to train for and complete my 4th Dan Black belt grading at the end of last year!! I'm still working out and feeling great!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An update from me.
I have now lost 17 kg and reached my official initial goal weight. Loving buying size 10's again!! (still want to go further but its a huge step) Its taken 2 years but going slow has allowed me to have an exercise and lifestyle routine that is completely sustainable long term. I also did manage to train for and complete my 4th Dan Black belt grading at the end of last year!! I'm still working out and feeling great!!

Well done. Slow and steady.

Late January, ventured into the pool with great trepidation and anxiety and in the first session I could barely make it to the other end. One of my best mates and mentor/coach (who has completed both a full Melbourne Ironman and a couple of Ironman 70.3) said little steps and take the little wins each week. Well never a truer word has been spoken, each week he provided one tip of what he was observing and offered how to correct and now just over two months later I can now complete 30 laps of a 25 metre pool.

We have it within us, it is application and steady progress plus having someone who will provide the guidance and support. Enjoy the journey and now I look forward to getting in the pool and can't get enough of it.

Any updates people? I'm still tracking OK weight wise, sitting at around 77-80kg depending on when I weigh myself. Going to start doing some shaping body weight excersises to hopefully get a bit of that ideal body shape going.

Just got reminded of this thread when I checked my BMI. IMO, the Mody Mass index is a flawed system. It just does not take into account enough parameters to have any idea.

My top and bottom regular weights (80 and 77kg respectively) are deemed overweight and healthy.

Now, I googled Michael Hibberd for super coach purposes, and if we go by the stated weight and height, he is deemed as overweight using the BMI system.

Now I don't know about you, but a system that decides that an professional AFL footballer is overweight, is simply not good enough.

I hope no one has been down about their BMI. Someone training in one of the world's most intense fitness formats would not be over weight in the real world.

Sure.

Started a new job in February. Chained to a desk, working weekends, eating poorly. Three weeks ago i jumped on some scales - they said 89kg which is easily the heaviest I've ever been.

Yikes. At the same time, went to a physio for my shoulder; she said that i had been hunched over a computer too long, and it had pulled the banana supers muscle in my shoulder: here's a rubber strap, here's your exercises, see you in 8 weeks.

So righto then. Diet time.

In three weeks, by cutting out rubbish, i'm down to 85kg. I'll find the proper numbers tonight and publically shame myself so that i get more traction.

Less fatty foods, more healthy foods, water, no treats. No buckets of ice cream. No chocolate bars. BBBOOORRRIIINNNGGG.

But... i will regain use of my right arm, and i will have abs*

*that's right, I'm getting the anti-lock brake system in my car fixed**

**just kidding, i'm going for the six-pack. I had a two pack once and was so happy i celebrated with a chocolate cake... you can guess where that went.

I am currently at 97. Got down to 94 from 113.

My weight hasnt gone up in the usual winter manner as I have been more conscious of watching my intake. Its more the lack of exercise in the last 2 months. Have picked up some work here and there, and while physical to some extreme its not consistent. Rolling a paintbrush or stepping up ladders only does so much.

After the GF ;) I shall get back to the walking regime I had previously.

I'll find the proper numbers tonight and publically shame myself so that i get more traction.

Week 0 - 89kg
Week 1 - 88.2 kg
Week 2 - 86.9 kg
Week 3 - 85.6 kg

Next weigh-in is Sunday night. Today i've eaten two scones from Bakers Delight, a banana, a bunch of carrot sticks and a Snickers bar. I've got an apple for the afternoon. Then nothing until dinner, which will be roast chicken maybe beans and broccoli. Then rehab exercises, then bed. ******* spartan.

Get this, the physio i went to, she gets me to download an app, every night that app sends me a message reminding me to do exercises. Ah, the future is here.

Long way to go. But why the hell not? I'll be dead one day, and before that happens I'm going to be in the kind of shape where I can find any excuse to take my shirt off.

...you're welcome, world

Last edited:
I'll be dead one day, and before that happens I'm going to be in the kind of shape where I can find any excuse to take my shirt off.

...you're welcome, world
And BF thanks you. The next rooftop spa pic will not only be toes but a 6 pack

Corona-6-Pack.png

Ok winter is over ( except for the Starks and Lannisters) and time to trudge up the hill again.

Winter was good. Did not put everything back on , maybe 4kg . The aim for end of Feb is 9kg. Should put me at 90 and 24kg since last October. This thread to keep me honest again

I was 71.9kg when I weighed myself sometime last week. Better than somewhere in the high 70s I was several months ago. Mostly thanks to reflux and the associated loss of appetite though. Hopefully I can drop another 2kg and get down into the 60s by the end of 2017. I still eat way too much crap as a percentage of my total diet, and don't really exercise beyond walking to and from bus stops to get places. Now the weather's getting warmer, I'm planning on getting in some early morning beach walks to try and get my base cardiovascular fitness up by the end of the year, and hopefully be ready to add some resistance training in early 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back