Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

When the government tells you what you can and can't put in your body, it's no longer a democracy. Don't use your fear to justify the authoritarian behaviour of governments.

You're right, the world has changed....changed for the worse and people who think we'll get back to pre-covid are fools. Time for the West to get a taste of authoritarian rule.
So if everyone decided not to get vaccinated what situation do you think we’d currently be in?

When the government tells you what you can and can't put in your body, it's no longer a democracy. Don't use your fear to justify the authoritarian behaviour of governments.

You're right, the world has changed....changed for the worse and people who think we'll get back to pre-covid are fools. Time for the West to get a taste of authoritarian rule.

Democracy ended when we turned it into 2 wolves and sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
The rot started 20 years ago when people championed Howard locking up refugees in indefinite detention.

None of us voted for any parties that had mandated vaccines as their election policy.
Is that maybe because the last federal and victorian elections was before covid?

and at the time of those elections we voted for the current parties and parliament to deal with unknown disaster events for the next 4 years as they best see fit. We passed this power on to them for 4 years as that is what representive democracy is.

So we did vote for this. Its fully consistent with democracy. Its not democracy if we vote for the opposition next year and the current parties refuse to give up power. Then its authoritarianism. But not before.

I think you have may have confused the issue of democracy/authoritarianism with the issue of the nanny state. Im usually very much against the nanny state but the highly infectious rate of covid makes covid different for me to the usual nanny state issues of banning drugs, enforcing safety, mandating health insurance, treating adults like they are children.

Last edited:
non vaccinated people are given their own flights with Singapore airlines. I wonder how popular they will be? - especially long haul ones
You haven’t answered the question.

So if everyone decided not to get vaccinated what situation do you think we’d currently be in?
Governments would spin that getting vaccinated is the popular choice until it's quite clear it's not, then they would adapt their policy to suit.

They would need to invest heavily into health care.

Democracy ended when we turned it into 2 wolves and sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
The rot started 20 years ago when people championed Howard locking up refugees in indefinite detention.

In agreement with you. Civil government has overstepped it's actual purpose for quite some time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Governments would spin that getting vaccinated is the popular choice until it's quite clear it's not, then they would adapt their policy to suit.

They would need to invest heavily into health care.
Oh wow

I answered the question, if you don't like the answer too bad. This is a free country, we don't need to adhere to predetermined scripts
Still refusing to give a proper answer. What situation would we currently be in if no one decided to get vaccinated? It’s not that hard is it? Just your opinion

Still refusing to give a proper answer. What situation would we currently be in if no one decided to get vaccinated? It’s not that hard is it? Just your opinion
Behind the barrel of a gun....

you act like you've got a crystal ball to an alternate reality that gives you a vaxxed and nonvaxxed scenario. Actually that sounds familiar, you're not using the same ball as politicians to "predict" and then make decisions are you?

Are you in Victoria? Best you take out your history books and learn a bit from it. Blind Freddy can see where this is going. Put your fear of some virus aside for a minute

In agreement with you. Civil government has overstepped it's actual purpose for quite some time now.

If you were in agreement with me then you would accept that mandatory vaccines in the context of employment are no different to asking you to wear a uniform or any of the other stuff employers force you to do in order for you to keep your job.

Most of the anti-mandatory vaccine crowd are the ones screaming from the rooftops about industrial manslaughter.

I assumed that in your hypothetical where everyone refused vaccination that vaccination would not be popular. Was that wrong?
t
Fair enough, misread that. Yes then only hope would be invest in health care but as has been seen on other countries it’s not enough. Simply trying to point out the mess we’d be in if everyone had the same attitude as those who are against mandatory vax and refuse to get the jab

You haven’t answered the question.

I was asking a similar question to you. Do the non vaxxers feel they can do that because of the protection the vaccinated provide?

by extension would they be keen to fly several hours in a plane full of unvaccinated passengers, whose country of origin they don’t know

Last edited:
I was asking a similar question to you. Do the non vaxxers feel they can do that because of the protection the vaccinated provide?
Well appears that way. Parents who refuse to vax their kids are relying on others. ie the unvaxxed children are protected only by everyone else being vaccinated….everyone else doing the right thing otherwise diseases like polio, whooping cough, small pox etc would be common

If you were in agreement with me then you would accept that mandatory vaccines in the context of employment are no different to asking you to wear a uniform or any of the other stuff employers force you to do in order for you to keep your job.

Most of the anti-mandatory vaccine crowd are the ones screaming from the rooftops about industrial manslaughter.

Wearing a uniform is vastly different to injecting chemicals into your body. Bad comparison. Do you agree with bodily autonomy or do you prefer to be told what you can and can't put into your body?

Our bodies aren't properties of the state or your employer's properties.

And what of the bodies of your colleagues? Is it your right to impose that physical risk on them?

Wearing a uniform is vastly different to injecting chemicals into your body. Bad comparison. Do you agree with bodily autonomy or do you prefer to be told what you can and can't put into your body?

Why aren't our bodies property of the state?

They provide the security of supply for food and shelter, they supply the medical care needed to keep us functional members of society. We are investments in productivity to either directly contribute or pay in taxes so someone else can.

And what of the bodies of your colleagues? Is it your right to impose that physical risk on them?

Their immune system isn't dependent on my vaccination status. Once you're vaccinated, you're protected. That's the science of it. The risk is mine and mine alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back