Toast Welcome to the SUNS - Pick 19, Wil Powell

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m optimistic on how this kid can develop, I wouldn’t get so hung up on pure numbers as it’s the glimpses of AFL standard traits the recruiters go off. He may of only averaged 14 touches a game this year in the WAFL colts but pick 18 Starcavich only averaged 14.3 this year in the same WAFL colts!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Starcevich played all 4 NAB under 18 games which gives you a better idea. He also had a really good game in the All Star game on GF day.
It just would’ve been good to see Wil against the best though. I’m also not sure what the standard is of the WA colts comp. up there with TAC Cup you’d think.

Starcevich played all 4 NAB under 18 games which gives you a better idea. He also had a really good game in the All Star game on GF day.
It just would’ve been good to see Wil against the best though. I’m also not sure what the standard is of the WA colts comp. up there with TAC Cup you’d think.

I wouldnt think it is the same standard as tac cup!! The tac cup players play there all year even if ready for senior football.

In wafl colts the really good young players are playing seniors

Lets be optimistic, not hugely different to Nat Fyfe
in Draft year:
Fyfe
Height: 186cm
Weight: 73kg

Powell
Height: 185cm
Weight: 67kg (though from footage appear to have similar lack of bulk - consensus appears to be he's already heavier than the 67KGs listed.)

Powell didn't play for WA. Fyfe was viewed as a Mid sized forward only.
Watch the video, and tell me you wouldn't rather have Powell if you were picking between Powell in draft year v Fyfe in draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%
When you watch us live it on physical appearances looks like what you would see if you watched a Under 14s team play an under 15s team.
They are what they are - but after 4+ preseasons they are now strong and in control of their bodies. Martin has been placed in our F&B last two years and KK is no slouch - need to get away from this skinniness business - its not the only determinate of a 'footballer'.

Wow fair call that one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is a great call... I was a huge Kemp fan.. was arguably the Eagles best player in their glory years 91 to 95.. (Matera and Jackovich would probably argue that point) but Kemp was super skilled off both sides, knew where to get the footy and despite his size, was tough as nails... also he was drafted way late... in the 50-70 range if memory serves..
If Will is half the player Kemp was, we have a beauty.. Sumich is one experienced football person too, so you would hope he is a fair judge...

They are what they are - but after 4+ preseasons they are now strong and in control of their bodies. Martin has been placed in our F&B last two years and KK is no slouch - need to get away from this skinniness business - its not the only determinate of a 'footballer'.

We can get away from the skinniness when most of the list can stick tackles - it's been a sad joke our whole existence

This is a great call... I was a huge Kemp fan.. was arguably the Eagles best player in their glory years 91 to 95.. (Matera and Jackovich would probably argue that point) but Kemp was super skilled off both sides, knew where to get the footy and despite his size, was tough as nails... also he was drafted way late... in the 50-70 range if memory serves..
If Will is half the player Kemp was, we have a beauty.. Sumich is one experienced football person too, so you would hope he is a fair judge...
Kemp was apparently drafted with Pick #117 in the 1989 National Draft !!! They don't have Drafts like that any more!!

Love the appreciation and honesty of this kid. I loved how he said that his parents took a hard line with him and said "You will not get home sick".

Interesting that he never did gym before.. could bulk up quicker than we thought.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
In other words - "Son. Suck it up and be a man about life, This clubs putting a lot of currency in you and you're not going to * them in the ass... and I've already had the plans drawn up for a jacuzzi to go into your old room."

In other words - "Son. Suck it up and be a man about life, This clubs putting a lot of currency in you and you're not going to **** them in the ass... and I've already had the plans drawn up for a jacuzzi to go into your old room."

Plus now I have an excuse to take the family to Dream World multiple times a year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back