List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jack Petruccelle

Remove this Banner Ad

What potential do you see mate? Serious question. I don't even know how he got in the system. I would really like to know what you see.

Oh i dunno, not many people were complaining about him last year when he kicked 21 snags :shrug:

He was a different player then. His trajectory looked good. Still got lost, still frustrated people but the positives in his game looked promising.

2020 a big backward step. I'm deadset against the fact we gifted him so many games, including a final to find something resembling form in 2020, and he squandered every opportunity. Incredibly frustrating player to watch this year. Couldn't remotely get going.

He's going to piss a lot of people off in 2021 if he shows the same lack of development in his 4th season, with still 2 more left on his contract.

Oh i dunno, not many people were complaining about him last year when he kicked 21 snags :shrug:

He was a different player then. His trajectory looked good. Still got lost, still frustrated people but the positives in his game looked promising.

2020 a big backward step. I'm deadset against the fact we gifted him so many games, including a final to find something resembling form in 2020, and he squandered every opportunity. Incredibly frustrating player to watch this year. Couldn't remotely get going.

He's going to piss a lot of people off in 2021 if he shows the same lack of development in his 4th season, with still 2 more left on his contract.
Very tough year with injury and no WAFL to play regularly

Gone backwards for sure. Is he maybe unhappy, wanting to go home ? Didn't seem to be interested at all.

Gone backwards for sure. Is he maybe unhappy, wanting to go home ? Didn't seem to be interested at all.

He can’t be unhappy as he just signed on for 3 more years, he must be pinching himself the club signed him on again. Why would you leave when someone offers you something no other club would.

5 of his goals came from 1 game in 2019 though so 16 goals in 19 games is not that great.

A goal a game when you were behind JK, Darling, Cripps, Ryan, Rioli and Allen/Waterman in the pecking order when the ball is going inside 50.

It was a hugely promising year that we could get a goal a game out of him while he learned how to play football. You can carry the guy with that output.

2020...not so much.

Huge upside for us if he can find his feet at the level. 3 years is possibly too many but these are strange times. Let's see, I'm going to back Jack in to be a contributor in '21 and ahead.

Others on here have said it and i agree, The best position i think for Petch is on the wing. Use his pace to provide an option out of defence. Fingers crossed with enough development he can be like Peter Matera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Others on here have said it and i agree, The best position i think for Petch is on the wing. Use his pace to provide an option out of defence. Fingers crossed with enough development he can be like Peter Matera.

Why do people keep trotting this out? He lacks two pretty significant fundamentals to be like Peter Matera, namely game sense and kicking skills.

It's a common occurrence for Petrucelle once he gets into space his kick into 50 is either sprayed out on the full or shanked and dribbled.

Why do people keep trotting this out? He lacks two pretty significant fundamentals to be like Peter Matera, namely game sense and kicking skills.

It's a common occurrence for Petrucelle once he gets into space his kick into 50 is either sprayed out on the full or shanked and dribbled.
His ball drop and action looks awkward and unusual. I find it strange that all his coaches up to this point have not helped him with it.

Really needs to learn to kick at pace.

Possibly just needs to slow down and settle a little as well - although the time to do that isn't as often there at AFL level (not so much that he doesn't have space - as his pace creates that - more than the window of opportunity to hit up leading forwards is limited so 1-2 more steps might mean a hit-up-on-lead turns into a kick-to-contest).

I'd like to see us train and use him more around stoppages (not centre bounces - around the ground) - maybe on the defensive side (mostly) rather than just trying to hit him up running through (which is predictable, and ends up being foiled by a defensive player at the stoppage). He would need to become an elite handballer (should be easier than training him to become an elite kick) - and his pace will be good both for pressuring on defence, and also to draw defenders to him when in possesion (hence the elite handballing - so he can draw defenders then feed the ball to Yeo, Shuey, Sheed etc in space).

petch has no footy iq. Not sure if he will ever improve that to an elite level

Worse case potential: Walmart version of Gary Rohan
Ceiling: Prime Thomas DR "Best 16 year old i've ever seen" Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Back