List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jack Petruccelle

Remove this Banner Ad

Petch’s baffling omission may be due to:

a) his problematic injury history or

b) the selection committee wants to expose as many as possible of the next level of midfielders to an A class midfield at close quarters as a learning experience

I am inclining to b) as the reason.

The reality is Clarke and West will get a bit of the ball and Petch probably won’t. Petch has been there long enough to have grand children. He can’t play and it’s time the club and its fans accepted it.
He can’t even rack up 20 possessions in a WAFL game.
It’s not as if he has not been given time or chances, he has had numerous chances.
I have actually felt for the guy for years now as the club has sold him a lie on his talent. It’s not fair on him.
Should have been delisted two years ago in my opinion.
Peter Matera averaged less than 20 possessions a game and less than a goal a game over his career. But yes, Jack needs to step up at 23. Xon is another who I really thought could take that next step.

He has the talent but he is so similar to Gary Rohan. Will have the occasional big game but a lot of average ones.

Checked out next to him at Coles on Tuesday. He may be fast on the field, but boy is he slow at the self checkout.
It's pathetic, he's been shopping for food for many years and he shows no sign of improvement. He has no checkout IQ and keeps putting fruit in first then realising the heavier items will crush the fruit, then wastes time rearranging a mistake that shouldn't have been made in the first place!

Gavin Bell said Petch was sent for scans but he just meant Petch was at Coles self check out working on his barcode and bagging skills

Preparing for his life in 2024

He has the talent but he is so similar to Gary Rohan. Will have the occasional big game but a lot of average ones.
With 100% less publicised rumoured adultery with teammates wives

(I should point out these rumours were denied by all parties in the public domain and do indeed appear to be false)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pathetic, he's been shopping for food for many years and he shows no sign of improvement. He has no checkout IQ and keeps putting fruit in first then realising the heavier items will crush the fruit, then wastes time rearranging a mistake that shouldn't have been made in the first place!
Pure gold 🤣🤣

bump

Playing really well in some new roles. He needs more polish still, but hopefully people are starting to see what I've been talking about - he has heaps that we can work with and provides things that few players on our list can.

Nowhere near delist material as has been claimed earlier this season. Keep working hard Petch.

bump

Playing really well in some new roles. He needs more polish still, but hopefully people are starting to see what I've been talking about - he has heaps that we can work with and provides things that few players on our list can.

Nowhere near delist material as has been claimed earlier this season. Keep working hard Petch.

I've been long convinced by his game and scope too, one of our best forward/adventurous handballers, he has pretty great hands, and is a generators of positive momentum (obviously sometimes into a turnover - or goal! - via his undistinguished kicking).

Yeah... I drank the kool aid, but it's starting to wear off.

He's 24 years old, played more than 60 games now. He should be coming into his prime. And he's averaging a blistering 12 disposals a game. And he's kicked 7 goals for the season. His output in the past few weeks has been marginally better... but it's a pretty low bar.

He's not delist material, because there are so many worse spuds. Definitely trade bait, though.

bump

One could never accuse you of not being loyal and sticking to your guns.

Don’t mind him in midfield actually. Keeps him in the game for longer and although not the biggest body he doesn’t shirk and is on the move in the contest. Had a better game last week but he’s not alone there.

He’s got 7 games to prove himself in midfield I think and he gets another year.

Biggest Petch skeptic here, but in the last 6 or so games he’s flicked a switch. Before seemed to be more tentative, but he’s stood up.
Can’t see him being a long term mid but hopefully with this new attitude can impact as a HF or HB with mid field stints

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back