List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast : Zane Trew

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not easy for me to say this but...

He's a poor mans Tom Swift, he's going to be a AA

I know it was only a dead quarter in a practice match against opposition that was tiring, but given the limited opportunity, that was extremely promising. Could not really have done more.

Looks clean, solid enough to be AFL ready and seems determined to show what he's got. Good decision making and seemed to have time to execute.

Now I really want to see a full game.

Hopefully the selectors are more daring this year than the last couple. In 2018 they blooded more players than just about any other team and that turned out ok. I'd like to see a bit more of the same. Let's see what Witherden, Langdon, Trew, Winder, Williams and so on have got. And a bit more of guys who have played just 1 or 2 games. If it is at the expense of fringe guys who will never be anything but that and guys who were solid but are on the downhill slope, then so be it.

You're Trewtiful

I like the look of him. He's got talent and seems to have a bit of strut about him, which is good. Went the fend off and got caught but that needs to be encouraged too. Shows he's not scared of the contact at all. Could be a good inside mid in a few years time when he puts on muscle

Love that hint of campaigner, it was only 1 quarter, but can't ask for much more than that.
Hope to see more, but he might not have the tank yet for a full game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chub forming... from the Oscar Allen interview:

Emerging onballer Xavier O’Neill looms as a likely starter following skipper Luke Shuey’s untimely hamstring niggle, while draftee Zane Trew has also impressed and will be pushing for a debut early in 2021.

“Xavier has been playing with the mids and I think he played a full game in our last pre-season hitout, and Zane Trew’s been really impressive, young kid, 18, being drafted and really taking it up with our best mids, which not many midfielders do in their first pre-season,” Allen said.

“Definitely excited to see what both of them bring. I’m sure one of them probably will get an opportunity but we’ll just have to wait and see which one it is.

“I think he (Trew) gave big Nic (Naitanui) a fend-off early in the pre-season and sent a message to all the boys that he’s a strong kid, he’s well-built and he likes the contest.

“I think he (Trew) gave big Nic (Naitanui) a fend-off early in the pre-season and sent a message to all the boys that he’s a strong kid, he’s well-built and he likes the contest.

Shades of Dusty.

Dark Sharks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back