Review Well that sucks! Aints beat Dogs 116 - 89 - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm lost for words. Help me out here.....
Disgusted i think is the word your looking for Mutt. The little league game I watch yesterday had better basic skills then half our players.

Just not as solid side yet, can’t be to have lost to the 3 bottom teams.

Saints played better and deserved to win.

I know a lot comes down to the midfield but some of our defensive efforts were horrible. Neither cordy or Trengove are athletic enough for our system. Cordy needs to be dropped after that effort.

Was hoping to sneak into the finals to give some young guys the experience but no dice.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to facing a red hot Essendon at Marvel in a few weeks. If cordy plays on Stringer he might kick 10.

Time for Cordy to be dropped, time for JJ to have another spell in the 2's, R. Smith is not up to it, and Suckling please go to the USA and do your stupid kicks over there, am over you. And 4 more years of Beveridge, after that performance, he was out coached by Ratten easily.

Shocking effort.

As I stated earlier this week I would not have brought Libba and Daniel straight in. I'm not convinced of Daniel in the backline either.

Hunter played like a millionaire today and would be lucky not to be dropped.

We're a bottom six team on that effort without a doubt.

Disappointing. Frustrating. But worst of all totally predictable that they would dish that up, even with finals on the line. There’s a psychological problem with this team playing poorer sides and they’re going nowhere until it’s addressed.

Saints highest score against a team currently above them on the ladder - 116 v bulldogs.

Next highest - 76 v Essendon.

Seven goals more than any other team outside of Melbourne and Gold Coast. Absolute debacle.

Bulldogs vs bottom four sides this year: 2-3. When we could end up missing finals by a couple of wins. Just not good enough.

Our best players were horrible today and we aren't good enough to beat anyone when our midfield doesn't fire. Macrae, Hunter, JJ, Suckling usually reliable, but today horrible, Libba was moving like a heavy haul freight train, in hind sight should have come back through VFL.

What a meek way to end the year

Losing to The blues, suns and saints means you don’t deserve to play finals

Awful preparation and coaching today. Bev seems to need a challenge himself to perform.

The coach isn't onthe field making turnovers. That terrible first quarter lost us the game. Too many unforced errors with dinky little kicks. We aren't good enough to stage a comeback

We concede multiple goals in succession in many games and that puts us out of games.

We learnt nothing out of the North, Carlton and Gold Coast losses and that is backed up by today’s game.

Games was over at qtr time no one stood up to the expected pressure. Everyone knew what the Saints were going to do except the players and coaches.

Get games into L.Young, B.Dale, B. Williams, R.West play J. Sweet also.

Finish as low as possible and take the earliest pick you can.

We have a coach with a game plan based on pressure and a team that think they are too good to bring pressure against lower placed teams.

Have lost games against Carlton, saints and Gold Coast all in the first quarters.

Daniel shouldn’t be kicking in or used coming out of defence, move him somewhere where he can deliver the ball and his turnovers won’t result in goals to the opposition.

Cordy is useless and not a kpd, but can’t see any kpp wanting to come to this mess.

If Roarke smith is best 22 we aren’t making finals anytime soon.

We lack direction and leadership on field, we desperately need experience.

We also need to change the big headed attitude this team has whenever we play lower placed teams.

We are identical to port Adelaide, if we aren’t underdogs or up against some adversity we just don’t mentally show up till it’s too late

Can we get more resource into our forward line department. They can’t be teaching them to bomb it down all day and make no space.

At lest show some effort running defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach isn't onthe field making turnovers. That terrible first quarter lost us the game. Too many unforced errors with dinky little kicks. We aren't good enough to stage a comeback

Yes but the coach is the one who refuses to pull his zone back when they ripped it apart time and time again in the first qrt and continued to do so most of the game.

Matt Dougie is right on the money, Libba looked totally underdone, should not have played, Bontempelli looked injured as well, should have been rested. But the coach helps pick the team and he got it terribly wrong. Wasn't just the first quarter, all game they got smacked, the final margin flattered them.

Hate when people say stuff like this. It's the coaches responsibility to make sure that players aren't doing that s**t. He trains them, he coaches them, he picks the team.

For all the good work they have done, this is a terrible let down, they are clearly the most frustrating team to watch. By the way enjoy scoring 89 points, as Ross Lyons will restrict us to around 40 next week as we will get done by Fremantle.

Bailey Dale did what he's in the team for and that's kick goals as that medium forward - an upgrade on Gowers if you ask me. If he could just impact the game more regularly and apply more pressure, he'd be a lock in the team every week.

The midfield was awful in the first quarter, basically the game was over from there, all Saints needed to do was kick the odd goal from a turnover and they did exactly that. Saint's pressure was immense most of the game sure, but we've been able to handle better in my opinion. It feels like we always want to play perfect footy and get a big win when against a lower rated team, this always causes us to overuse the ball early and turn it over constantly. We're always having to change things up during games to get back into games, I wish we'd come out firing in the first quarter for once.

D__UXMNU0AAuHJo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back