Review Well that sucks! Aints beat Dogs 116 - 89 - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

We looked off from the very start. The kind of "off" that can't be fixed in game and is only done at the selection table. I love Libba and his aggression but he looked underdone and lacking in physicality. Same for Daniel that because of his size leaves him and the team exposed. Same with Bont and I love him!. Geez we are going to miss Dickson when his time is up such a reliable kick, and happy for Dale to score a few. We must have dropped around 10 uncontested marks today so frustrating

Garbage it means they would have taken the short kick on offer and not been over to get over the back and expose our lack of speed. Therefore slowing play down and letting players recover and get back or at least try.

We crowded our forward line pushing so far up also playing directly into their hands. We would be the worst contested mark forward line in the league by a mile and today we time and time again played a style we are useless at

That’s garbage it doesn’t matter where your zone is if you have no pressure on the ball.

If the zone was back and they took the short option that player would have been able to with play on or if the zone players pressed up on him after the mark he could have gone to the longer option over the top.

It’s no coincidence our worst three games have been against lower sides and they have been games where we haven’t brought enough pressure.

Beveridge’s entire game plan is pressure based because the cattle he has for the backline key position posts aren’t good enough to compete one on one with their direct opponents.

Beveridge makes plenty of mistakes and has zero plan b. But where the zone was positioned means sweet $&@$ all if the team isn’t applying pressure.

When we are finally a mathematical impossibility for finals, I think i'll be able to relax a bit more while watching our games.

Im over it now.

Same old story. Inept forward line, lack of skills through the midfield, lack of a solid kpd. Cordy aint going to be a worthwile inclusion until he gets support down there. Trengove isnt what we thought he'd be when recruiting him.

No excuses this off season to go all out and recruit talent across all lines. We have the money and the young squad to be appealing.

All that being said, we are not as bad as the scoreline suggests. We CAN be such a damaging side, which is why we all get so frustrated.

That’s garbage it doesn’t matter where your zone is if you have no pressure on the ball.

If the zone was back and they took the short option that player would have been able to with play on or if the zone players pressed up on him after the mark he could have gone to the longer option over the top.

It’s no coincidence our worst three games have been against lower sides and they have been games where we haven’t brought enough pressure.

Beveridge’s entire game plan is pressure based because the cattle he has for the backline key position posts aren’t good enough to compete one on one with their direct opponents.

Beveridge makes plenty of mistakes and has zero plan b. But where the zone was positioned means sweet $&@$ all if the team isn’t applying pressure.

Yeah ok

The position of the zone that got torn apart all day is irrelevant

Enjoy your evening

Im over it now.

Same old story. Inept forward line, lack of skills through the midfield, lack of a solid kpd. Cordy aint going to be a worthwile inclusion until he gets support down there. Trengove isnt what we thought he'd be when recruiting him.

No excuses this off season to go all out and recruit talent across all lines. We have the money and the young squad to be appealing.

All that being said, we are not as bad as the scoreline suggests. We CAN be such a damaging side, which is why we all get so frustrated.

Who’s going to want to come to this team though?

We have massive amounts of talented young players but another bottom 6 finish which is now on the cards isn’t attractive.

We’ve seen in the past players flock to the hawks who have steadily been declining but continue to attract players cause of clarko and because they are generally in finals or close to it

Anyone blaming the coach is an out and out nuff nuff.
Skill errors, terrible decision making and execution was what killed us.
Our turnovers put our backs under ridiculous pressure when saints were getting us on the over lap.
We’ve seen it in a few games this year where we, as a team, have a terribly off day. Young squad, up and down form all year and an unconvincing win against the dees last week pointed to what was served up this arvo.
No less disappointing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it isn't good to whinge too much about this, but we have to do something about the Aaron Naughton treatment now.

Time and time again, the defender gets nowhere near the ball when trying to spoil it, and yet somehow Aaron always drops it, after being dragged down, having his arms chopped, or held up by his opponent whilst the 3rd man comes in.

If this guy was Ben Brown, or even Charlie Dixon, he'd be doubling his goal tally because the umpires wouldn't let defenders scrag him like they do.

When we are finally a mathematical impossibility for finals, I think i'll be able to relax a bit more while watching our games.

Yep. It’s not the despair, it’s the hope I can’t handle (or words to that effect).

Then I’ll still look dumbfounded when Macrae tries a no-look overhead handball straight to an opposition player, or Suckling kicks a grass cutter across half back and turns it over, or literally anyone handballs to a teammate with three opposition players within 1m of him - but it won’t hurt quite as much.

English the destroyer. Smashed two Saints players into oblivion. Lonie didnt kick straight after and Marshall went off. Good stuff.

Easton Woods best game in years.

Loved Libba putting himself in front of Naughton in the third and saying 'if you want him go through me'.

Crozier awesome.

Some very ordinary disposal by many.

Carlisle continues to make a great case for abortion

I know it isn't good to whinge too much about this, but we have to do something about the Aaron Naughton treatment now.

Time and time again, the defender gets nowhere near the ball when trying to spoil it, and yet somehow Aaron always drops it, after being dragged down, having his arms chopped, or held up by his opponent whilst the 3rd man comes in.

If this guy was Ben Brown, or even Charlie Dixon, he'd be doubling his goal tally because the umpires wouldn't let defenders scrag him like they do.

I think it happens to many key forwards. Hawkins was manhandled all game today and got nothing.

Somehow the preparation was way off. Still had a glimmer of hope in last quarter if we could kick the first goal early.
No doubt with the the internal torching and media scrutiny we’ll come our breathing fire against Freo., but blew a big chance today.
Morris has to be in.

Meh, very inconsistent this year however win 2-3 more games (which is still possible) and it’s been a fair effort based on where many thought we’d end up, bottom 4.

Crozier and Lipi exempted that was a very ordinary performance. We stuck at it, and Dale was one who got reward for effort.

But honestly the games of Suckling and Cordy were seen to be believed they were that bad. Suckling looked disinterested, half hearted, and attempting kicks like it was in the back yard. Cordy is the only player in the AFL I constantly see take air-swings in attempting to punch the ball. He has to go back to the 2s, work on his game, and give Young an extended go in his place.

Turned it off at half time.
Team didn't turn up like 1st round Carlton game.
Wouldn't blame coach or individual players.
Problem is deeper.
Someone said during week .Don't tinker..
Well we didn't tinker in 2016
Daniel always takes time after a break
Libba hasn't had a great season so shouldn't be automatically included.
Richards makes players nervous because of his pace.Who replaced that.
West should have played.
YES DON'T TINKER

Wtf happened to our handballing skills ?
We are one of the worst teams at it.

Predictable loss unfortunaly.
When teams try to take the game on against us, we struggle to contain them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back