2nds Werribee 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can probably be stickied in the new year, but I thought I'd start a thread for discussion on the make up of our first stand alone VFL side in many a year.

Potential side based on the new recruits, looks fairly stacked tbh:

FB: Vickers-Willis Tippett Nielsen
HB: McDonald Durdin Hibberd
C: Mullett Dumont Fordham
HF: Wagner McKay Wood
FF: Nahas Black Turner
R: Daw Clarke McKenzie
I: Preuss, Mountford, etc etc

Obviously with 5 or so Werribee listed players sprinkled in to account for injuries etc, and some of these kids will be in the development league, but it looms as a fairly successful development season after the debacle that the Nth Ballarat side has been for the last few years.

Can probably be stickied in the new year, but I thought I'd start a thread for discussion on the make up of our first stand alone VFL side in many a year.

Obviously with 5 or so Werribee listed players sprinkled in to account for injuries etc, and some of these kids will be in the development league, but it looms as a fairly successful development season after the debacle that the Nth Ballarat side has been for the last few years.
Should we be counting Daw?

At half the side will have Werribee players in it so who's going to miss out?

Hate to go early but that's a Premiorship threat. They've been close as it is.

Massive step forward. To get these blokes playing alongside each other week after week and all playing under the same system. Will start to develop our players better this way.

Anyone know the minimum number of Werribee listed players that must play?. I know North will be running all things footy so they will stack as many as they can in week after week.

Will Werribee be happy not having more than a handful of their own players? Or will our draftees be forced into VFL development side?

Will Werribee be happy not having more than a handful of their own players? Or will our draftees be forced into VFL development side?
Yes werribee are not going to just let North do things there way and if this happens we will be the laughing stock of just not the AFL but the VFL too

Yes werribee are not going to just let North do things there way and if this happens we will be the laughing stock of just not the AFL but the VFL too

Why would we be the laughing stock of the AFL and the VFL? Carlton, Hawthorn, Melbourne and St. Kilda, to the best of my knowledge will have similar affiliations with VFL Cubs. Collingwood, *essendon, Geelong, Richmond and the Bulldogs have standalone VFL clubs.

Loving your positivity about the full alignment. Looks like a premiership team so what's up? I'm guessing a max number of north players has been agreed. Probably 14-16. Anyone know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping to see Durdin and Mckay in the forward line together. I'm not too excited about tonight because I am still dying to see Durdin explode onto the scene

Why would we be the laughing stock of the AFL and the VFL? Carlton, Hawthorn, Melbourne and St. Kilda, to the best of my knowledge will have similar affiliations with VFL Cubs. Collingwood, *essendon, Geelong, Richmond and the Bulldogs have standalone VFL clubs.
This poster seems to be anti Werribee alignment for some reason. Doesn't seem to be any rational thinking, just a Werribee hatred.

People are forgetting that at any stage during the year there will be at least 5-6 on the injury list. My only query is if we do select a mature back up ruck how do we get playing time for Daw and Preuss?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The key is how many players can we actually select?

Does anyone know? If its around 16 or more it should be fine, but if lower that could be a concern.

I'd hate to think some of our talented juniors are relegated out of the team based on ensuring Werribee have their minimum allocation (if one exists).

I'm tipping werribee would have wanted a minimum of 6-8 of their own players and fair enough too

And I understand that being their own club for sure.

Surely someone must know the answer to ^^ as to how the partnership/alliance is going to work. Surely we tell them what to do, not the other way around regarding numbers?

Let's not forget in case of Carlton or Hawthorn - they pretty much control the VFL clubs they are aligned to. It will be very different to Werribee. Hope we have a plan to deal with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back