West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall a team won a flag fairly recently with just two top 10 picks. And one of them was Chris Masten.

I’m also fairly confident that, regardless of whether we get a priority pick, we will win a flag before a few teams that think they are ahead of us in the rebuild.
I was with you in this sentiment until I remembered Matt Clarke joined your list management team.

I recall a team won a flag fairly recently with just two top 10 picks. And one of them was Chris Masten.

I’m also fairly confident that, regardless of whether we get a priority pick, we will win a flag before a few teams that think they are ahead of us in the rebuild.

sure mate, tas comes in in 2028 and draft will be comprimised until at least 2032, you might wanna get totally bottomed out and get the drafting done over the next 4 years and no shortcut.

Worst side in the modern AFL era. Club and fanbase in complete denial. Still blaming injuries and umpires which has now been happening for 3 seasons.

The club and Simmo completely misread the list after 2018 and made huge mistakes. Simmo needs to go.
Fanbase in denial? Majority want Simpson gone. The AFL needs to force the board to get rid of Simpson as they are such idiots they wont do it

Fanbase in denial? Majority want Simpson gone. The AFL needs to force the board to get rid of Simpson as they are such idiots they wont do it
Appoint a new coach now and it will be Mark Neeld 2.0. No chance of success and driven out of town after a year. Simpson is taking the hits now so the replacement doesn’t.

Appoint a new coach now and it will be Mark Neeld 2.0. No chance of success and driven out of town after a year. Simpson is taking the hits now so the replacement doesn’t.
Possibly, but maybe not. There are a number of 1st round picks in the team looking useless right now - Chesser and Ginbey. With a new coach they may look a lot better.

wasnt there some giant payout and soft cap issue with firing simpson?

Look I get, you hate WC and I would be saying the same if it was Freo.

But luckily the adults will work it out because WC are so far below mediocre it’s not funny.

So it’s PP’s or Freo surrender its right to play WC twice a season, because it’s clearly an unfair advantage to the detriment of a professional sporting comp.
WCE made huge gambles and are being complacent because they no longer have to be accountable because they potentially will be rewarded.

WC will still win another flag before FFC...so sit back,relax and enjoy riding out the long,hard,demoralising joys of supporting an irrelevant club.
Most of the boomers supporting WCE will have died off and youngsters will be supporting other teams, before WCE are genuine threat again. 3 wins in 5 yrs, and not looking like another any time soon. No coach would survive that!

Give the Eagles whatever they want/need. You can't be this uncompetitive for this long.

This is bigger than West Coast.. its literally ruining the competition.

Scariest part is their age profile and likelihood they are about to get even worse.

McGovern, Cripps, Darling, Gaff, Yeo & Kelly all 30+.

This is the worst list management in AFL history.

Just looking at the fixture highlights how big the problem is.

AFL literally trying to hide them.

Exclusively schedulled for 1:10pm Sunday, 4:30pm Saturday or intentionally clashing with another Saturday night game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bold call from a Carlton fan. And incorrect. We’ve been s**t for two, going on three, years. There will be a couple more. Still less than Carlton, Melbourne or Gold Coast just in recent history.

And we’re losing by 50-60 against three finals-bound teams. It’s already better than last year, which was probably the nadir.

I think some second/third round priority picks are justified because father-son and academy selections pushed our picks back a long way, which goes against the point of the draft. But we don’t need anything excessive and not do I want it. We’ll build back over the next two years.

Bold call from a Carlton fan. And incorrect. We’ve been s**t for two, going on three, years. There will be a couple more. Still less than Carlton, Melbourne or Gold Coast just in recent history.

Perhaps try to find some relevant comparisons.

Carlton's situation was the consequence of draft sanctions. And perhaps tanking.

Gold Coast was a new club.

Melbourne was never this uncompetitive let alone for this long.

You're the worst ever. By far.

They were offered two additional first round picks last year and knocked them back.

They could have had Sanders or Mckercher, who are on par or ahead of Reid, plus two additional first round picks.
2 additional picks that would have been around pick 25? Sanders and McKercher would both look awful playing for WC

They can have a 2nd and 3rd rounder they can trade for journeymen, just like we had, at absolute most.

Otherwise they don't deserve jack given they are a stable rich club with no players leaving and seemingly no instability.

2 additional picks that would have been around pick 25? Sanders and McKercher would both look awful playing for WC
They're not getting any picks better than that as PPs.

And McKercher and Sanders wouldn't look awful playing for anyone. They are guns. And were the two best players in u18s last year.

They're not getting any picks better than that as PPs.

And McKercher and Sanders wouldn't look awful playing for anyone. They are guns. And were the two best players in u18s last year.
Yes they would. Reid has played well so far this year, but is continuously let down by his team mates so often with fumbles and missed kicks and handballs. Same would happen to McKercher and Sanders

Perhaps try to find some relevant comparisons.

Carlton's situation was the consequence of draft sanctions. And perhaps tanking.

Gold Coast was a new club.

Melbourne was never this uncompetitive let alone for this long.

You're the worst ever. By far.
Look, I get it. When a powerful, successful club is down, oppo fans want to kick ‘em. Enjoy. It won’t last 24 years like it has with Carlton.

Give the Eagles whatever they want/need. You can't be this uncompetitive for this long.

This is bigger than West Coast.. its literally ruining the competition.

Scariest part is their age profile and likelihood they are about to get even worse.

McGovern, Cripps, Darling, Gaff, Yeo & Kelly all 30+.

Complete mismanagement by the AFL in the draft last year (yep WC ultimately to blame) allowing WC 2nd pick to be pushed back so far back to 30 and giving North further assistance with 2 end of 1st rounders again this year.

Blind Freddy could see WC were cooked and you can’t rebuild a historically worst side with your 2nd rounder being pushed into the 30s 2 years in a row (likely to happen again this year), whilst a heap of kids being quarantined away by the Northern academies.

AFL needs to begin to begin to sort this year with 2 end of firsts before Roos traded priority picks and allow WC priority to its next gen products.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back