2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Effort was there. Complete lack of synergy and depth to compete at this level.

WEST PERTH 24.12 156 def. BEAGLES 10.4 64

From best to worst, but not really...

Jai Culley - 25 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 i50s, 2.1
Easily our best. Involved all throughout, composed, strong in the air, kicked a few nice goals. Will get a call up.

Coen Livingstone - 11 disposals, 2 tackles, 21 HOs, 2 i50s, 1.0
Deserves a big wrap after today. Won the ruck battle, competed hard, looks to be gaining good match fitness too.

Clay Hall - 20 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 2 i50s, 1.0
Pretty solid all day. Looked to kick it a bit more and moved through traffic well. Hope they release the shackles more.

Archer Reid - 12 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 9 HOs, 1 i50, 0.1
Really like this kid. Presented hard all day and provided a target. Attacked the footy. Earned 5 free kicks as well.

Andrew Gaff - 25 disposals, 10 marks, 5 tackles, 5 i50s
Accumulated the ball and presented well. Just doesn't have the game that we need in the seniors any more.

Coby Burgiel - 23 disposals, 6 marks, 3 i50s
Ended the game well after a questionable first half. He definitely has something, I just hope he works hard to extract it.

Jordyn Baker - 15 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 i50s
Played okay, like most weeks. I think he'll end up a very solid WAFL player after his WCE stint ends.

Loch Rawlinson - 6 disposals, 2 marks, 1 i50
Tough role to play in a poor side. 0 tackles seems harsh as he pressured all game. We look better when he has it.

Harry Edwards - 5 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 i50s
Pants pulled down by Keitel. More concerned about the 21 touches he conceded, as he didn't stick with their obviously biggest threat in general play. A step backwards today.

Another shocking effort from Harry Edwards there. Doesn't seem to care today.

Very disappointing as I'd been very impressed with his form and attitude lately.

I only watched the last quarter, but what an abomination! No care factor at all. Harry Edwards woeful, with bad attitude, setting a shocking example - he should never be seen in an Eagles jumper again. Gaff, just bin him, as useless as a crumpet without a toaster. Only a few players from what I saw seemed to care - Culley, Ruscoe, Sparks and Hall.

If this is the best we can do in the WAFL system, bin it. Join the VFL. 100 point thrashings is not doing anything for our youngsters. Burgiel seems to have lost all interest - at the moment he isn't worth his place in the team.

Effort was there. Complete lack of synergy and depth to compete at this level.

WEST PERTH 24.12 156 def. BEAGLES 10.4 64

From best to worst, but not really...

Jai Culley - 25 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 i50s, 2.1
Easily our best. Involved all throughout, composed, strong in the air, kicked a few nice goals. Will get a call up.

Coen Livingstone - 11 disposals, 2 tackles, 21 HOs, 2 i50s, 1.0
Deserves a big wrap after today. Won the ruck battle, competed hard, looks to be gaining good match fitness too.

Clay Hall - 20 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 2 i50s, 1.0
Pretty solid all day. Looked to kick it a bit more and moved through traffic well. Hope they release the shackles more.

Archer Reid - 12 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 9 HOs, 1 i50, 0.1
Really like this kid. Presented hard all day and provided a target. Attacked the footy. Earned 5 free kicks as well.

Andrew Gaff - 25 disposals, 10 marks, 5 tackles, 5 i50s
Accumulated the ball and presented well. Just doesn't have the game that we need in the seniors any more.

Coby Burgiel - 23 disposals, 6 marks, 3 i50s
Ended the game well after a questionable first half. He definitely has something, I just hope he works hard to extract it.

Jordyn Baker - 15 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 i50s
Played okay, like most weeks. I think he'll end up a very solid WAFL player after his WCE stint ends.

Loch Rawlinson - 6 disposals, 2 marks, 1 i50
Tough role to play in a poor side. 0 tackles seems harsh as he pressured all game. We look better when he has it.

Harry Edwards - 5 disposals, 2 tackles, 2 i50s
Pants pulled down by Keitel. More concerned about the 21 touches he conceded, as he didn't stick with their obviously biggest threat in general play. A step backwards today.
Where do you think Culley fits mate having watched today? Forward 50 with busts through the middle, or other way round?

I only watched the last quarter, but what an abomination! No care factor at all. Harry Edwards woeful, with bad attitude, setting a shocking example - he should never be seen in an Eagles jumper again.
To be fair it's the first time this season I felt he hadn't rocked up. Was solid for the seniors a few weeks back, and then strong in the WAFL last game. Hopefully it's just a blip (in a tough position to play in this side).

Where do you think Culley fits mate having watched today? Forward 50 with busts through the middle, or other way round?
Did his best work as an inside mid today but I think he'll play a combination of forward-midfield in the seniors. Maybe a Langford-type a couple years back when he rolled through there more?

we should take Bailey Banfield MSD

20 posesion by clay. Finally record high. Really promising last quarter. Surely a call up is soon?

If it was Culley or Hall I'd give hall a go. We know what Culley can do not know what hall can do
This isn’t really how the system should work tho. Culley was way better than hall today and should be rewarded. Trew should be ahead of hall as well.

Attended the game of course following my Falcons. But very observant of the Beagles.
Bottom line is the effort is not being put in. WP are not that good and they seriously looked like they were playing a B Grade amateur outfit.
I thought Hall was ok and Culley and Gaff never stopped trying.
For a player like Edwards to get led a merry dance by Keitel who I believe to be a very lazy forward was a big red flag for Edwards.
There still seems to be a system at the WCE club about guarding space, it is such out of date footy and you get hammered these days not being accountable.
Happy my Falcons got a % boost but I get the feeling it just doesn’t matter to the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only watched the last quarter, but what an abomination! No care factor at all. Harry Edwards woeful, with bad attitude, setting a shocking example - he should never be seen in an Eagles jumper again.

I only watched one quarter, but on that basis I’m completely ruling a line through Harry Edwards.

I only watched the last quarter, but what an abomination! No care factor at all. Harry Edwards woeful, with bad attitude, setting a shocking example - he should never be seen in an Eagles jumper again. Gaff, just bin him, as useless as a crumpet without a toaster. Only a few players from what I saw seemed to care - Culley, Ruscoe, Sparks and Hall.

If this is the best we can do in the WAFL system, bin it. Join the VFL. 100 point thrashings is not doing anything for our youngsters. Burgiel seems to have lost all interest - at the moment he isn't worth his place in the team.

As if that’s going to change by moving leagues….

Connor West must have felt so bad racking up stats against the beagles …. Bet he wished he stayed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back