2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So where to now;

Option 1 - Eagles allowed to have a proper club e.g colts/reservers re-draw zones .etc.
or
Option 2 - Walk away, join VFL with the Crows/Port with no restrictions.

Option 3 - put more effort into making the current setup work.

I find it a bit frustrating the reaction from the I Told You So crowd in regards to the Eagles admitting the current set-up is not working. We all knew it wasn't working, we just really wanted it to.

Ideally a stand alone team is the best possible way - it's the restrictions that are holding it all back. And I totally understand the restrictions too, the WAFL is entitled to make these calls for the good of their competition.

Unless we can get a decent team list up and about to join the VFL or whatever the seconds competition is going to be called. Otherwise just let us align with Perth for f**cks sake.

I find it a bit frustrating the reaction from the I Told You So crowd in regards to the Eagles admitting the current set-up is not working. We all knew it wasn't working, we just really wanted it to.

Ideally a stand alone team is the best possible way - it's the restrictions that are holding it all back. And I totally understand the restrictions too, the WAFL is entitled to make these calls for the good of their competition.

Unless we can get a decent team list up and about to join the VFL or whatever the seconds competition is going to be called. Otherwise just let us align with Perth for f**cks sake.

The effect of the restrictions is being overstated. We could have recruited an extra couple of quality WAFL players, we just couldn’t find any. (Don’t know how hard we tried, other than the blokes that were already working at the club).

And the people that are not letting us align with Perth are the Perth members.

While i dont totally disagree that a fair bit of the problem is our mismanagement, something about the definition of insanity springs to mind.

It's going on 4 years now of stagnated development, surely we just need to try something else

I’d argue that putting an actual effort into the current setup would constitute trying something new.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like new CEO etc?

Just on the Don - I think we’re going to get a very good read his thoughts on the ‘2’s’ between now and next season.

Jumped on board and made changes to the primary team and relevant parts. Sort that out and heading in right direction then move onto the 2’s

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bit of a boost for the Beagles this week with Flynn returning and Brockman available for selection.

Only 7 of the 44-man list (known to be) unavailable this week, so we could have as many as 13 players in the side. Nelson must be close to returning as well.

Bit of a boost for the Beagles this week with Flynn returning and Brockman available for selection.

Only 7 of the 44-man list (known to be) unavailable this week, so we could have as many as 13 players in the side. Nelson must be close to returning as well.

On the coast to coast podcast he was on (last week I think) he said he was about 6 weeks away still

And that was him being optimistic

So WAFL team should have as many as 13 listed players this weekend

Backs - Hedwards, Burgiel, Baker

Mids - Gaff, Johnston, Trew, Culley

Forwards - Archer, Brockman, Rawlinson

Ruck - Flynn, Livingstone

Plus one of LEdwards, Hall, Dewar pending team selection (I think Hall might go to Adelaide as the travelling emergency)

It’s still a pretty young side overall

I'm interested in whether this is based on your opinion or whether you have some inside knowledge on the effort put in this year to recruit players?

No inside knowledge, just my opinion. And not necessarily aimed at the recruitment, more generally at the level of effort/investment they put into the WAFL side.

I know it’d be a difficult sell to good players to ask them to come to a side that’s won 1.5 games in two years, and to be prepared to be dropped for returning AFL players regardless of form.

Be a few ruckmen in the WAFL that will depending on how many games Flynn plays, sleeping with the lights on.

Brockman at WAFL level - electrifying!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back