Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders S36 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

On my Mother's side her Cornish relatives are buried in the Fryerstown cemetery...the Cornish of course already being miners came out in droves.
On my Father's side his kin were quick to make a business selling equipment to the miners...and that man ended up with a big Hotel just near the railway station in Castlemaine, which burnt down in the late 1800's, it was where the equipment hire place is opposite the Goods Shed on Kennedy St.
So many people have connections to the area.....poxy relo's and all.....Have a good Chrissie...see you on the village green tommorrow.

lol … well there you go .. Am planning to have a squizz at 3 Church St Fryerstown In a few weeks. Check it out on Domain.

lol … well there you go .. Am planning to have a squizz at 3 Church St Fryerstown In a few weeks. Check it out on Domain.
Belle property are new players in town...but Rob Waller isn't. He is a shifty shark and full of all the tricks you can imagine...I don't know the female agent.
Fryers....yes, I know the house haven't been inside.
Looks very nice. A bit on the high side of the price but then that's the real estate game and that's Waller.
Fryers is always problematic..because there's one road in and one road out so it freaks people out because of the fire risk.
There is another road out that a lot of people don't know about but it's a single lane.
In Fryers it's self there is a notorious family of crooks that can make life hard for people...so beware of them if you do move there, i know people who had to sell up because of them.
Aside bloody dangerous road and if you are not wanting to go in and out daily or be social...want a social life... then it's ok.
As to real estate in general in the area...the whole covid flight sales have stopped....anything around the 2mil mark isn't selling. A lot of 'dream places' established by the early boom gen. are coming on to the market as they are aging out of them and want to downsize. The issue with that is you are buying someone elses dream it might be yours but might not be.
Everything priced under $800,000 gets sold quickly because of the competition between weekenders and normal cits.
Hope that info helps.

Last edited:
Just had a quick squizz at what's come onto the market up there recently (last month);

Rather than Fryers for around the same money a way better property is 33 Odgers Rd, Castlemaine.
Might be a little close to the Bac Fac but this would be my top choice. Why; for location, amenity and value for money also great re-sale value. If it were me I'd make an offer $80,000 grand under what they're asking for, using it's proximity to the bac fac as the bargaining chip....it will go fast I'm sure as this ticks a lot of peoples boxes.

Aside from that if you were up for a reno which you probably aren't...
7 Bowden St & 24 Berkeley St are both great prospects....both situated well and both with good bones....but both needing about $4-500,000 to be spent by the looks.

What's been happening in town is the lovely old house blocks are getting cut in half for profit and I hate it. It's all to do with the thirst for "weekenders" and speculators profits of course.
I despise it because i don't see the point of moving to the country and not having a garden let alone living on top of people.

Anyway I don't know what your needs/wants are but the above is my quick look around.

Just had a quick squizz at what's come onto the market up there recently (last month);

Rather than Fryers for around the same money a way better property is 33 Odgers Rd, Castlemaine.
Might be a little close to the Bac Fac but this would be my top choice. Why; for location, amenity and value for money also great re-sale value. If it were me I'd make an offer $80,000 grand under what they're asking for, using it's proximity to the bac fac as the bargaining chip....it will go fast I'm sure as this ticks a lot of peoples boxes.

Aside from that if you were up for a reno which you probably aren't...
7 Bowden St & 24 Berkeley St are both great prospects....both situated well and both with good bones....but both needing about $4-500,000 to be spent by the looks.

What's been happening in town is the lovely old house blocks are getting cut in half for profit and I hate it. It's all to do with the thirst for "weekenders" and speculators profits of course.
I despise it because i don't see the point of moving to the country and not having a garden let alone living on top of people.

Anyway I don't know what your needs/wants are but the above is my quick look around.
PS. Before I push off the other sister said she's seen 33 odgers rd and says it requires 'quite a bit of work'. A tattslotto buy as we say.

88-884185_merry-christmas-gif-download-merry-christmas-gif-funny.gif

I hope you all have a WONDERful Christmas and that santa visited you all. Cheers

PS. Before I push off the other sister said she's seen 33 odgers rd and says it requires 'quite a bit of work'. A tattslotto buy as we say.

haha… Thanks so much for all of this. The fave ex worked for Parks Vic decades ago and is justifiably terrified of bushfire. She has stamped her feet about Fryerstown and has refused to consider looking at the house.

Odgers Rd is bizarrely overpriced for a ‘quirky‘ joint that needs a heap of work. Proximity to the Baco or not, it needs a 1/4M knocked off the price. It is also a bloody fire risk providing a corridor of explosive eucalyptus into the town.

Agree with your remarks about division of blocks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back