Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Teams will be coming hard at Jamara you would think.

Lots of people to pay. Somebody will shake loose.
Most fans would say the chances of keeping all 3 (English, Smith & Marra) are pretty small.

Marra is the one I most want to keep.

Matthew Lloyd mentioning on 3AW clubs will be lining up for Sam Darcy seeing as Bevo isn't playing him. Could he go because of Bevo
1- Lloyd said he will play Darcy over Lobb never mentioned clubs lining up for him.

2- the players Lloyd said clubs should be lying up for are Macrae and Daniel

Here is the interview

1- Lloyd said he will play Darcy over Lobb never mentioned clubs lining up for him.

2- the players Lloyd said clubs should be lying up for are Macrae and Daniel

Here is the interview

Oooh sorry. Because he was saying Collingwood would be lining up for him. He must have said that about Daniel straight after talking about Darcy and I didn't hear him switch players. My bad.

Most fans would say the chances of keeping all 3 (English, Smith & Marra) are pretty small.

Marra is the one I most want to keep.
Smith is an interesting one.

Powerful mid and the dogs midfield needs the depth.
Coming off ACL + the off-field stuff - what return do the dogs get and is it worth trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae getting some interest from other clubs, allows Dogs to redirect some space in the cap should he move on.
Have heard there's significant interest in Macca, CD and Lobb.

Doubt we'll let Macca go, but CD/Lobb I could see in other colors by this time next year.

Fascinating to see what we do this offseason. There’s a lot of money sitting outside or in the fringes of our best 22.

Lobb will go if English stays I’d imagine. Hopefully we can obtain a second rounder because he’s contracted and will be very valuable to a few teams.

I imagine one of Macrae or CD will go. It makes no sense that both will stay on the list next year. There’s room for one in the best 22 at most it appears.

That probably frees up $1.2 million to potentially keep the rest of our out of contract stars. If Smith leaves, we’ll have significant cap to work with. It’s important to note that Naughton & English are already on substantial contracts so anything they’ve signed isnt going to ‘eat’ into any cap space.

Just to add a hypothetical situation to the mix. Let's say we move on all of Smith, Macrae & Lobb at the end of the year. None of those guys are contributing to our current match day best 22. That likely moves on $2 million with us possibly gaining a mid first rounder and a couple of second rounders between them. It frees up some cash and gives the club some picks to 'refresh' the list rather than rebuild.

Similar to what the Pies did a few years back, I think we can bounce back quickly given we a core group of potentially elite players in the 20-24 age bracket.

Fascinating to see what we do this offseason. There’s a lot of money sitting outside or in the fringes of our best 22.

Lobb will go if English stays I’d imagine. Hopefully we can obtain a second rounder because he’s contracted and will be very valuable to a few teams.

I imagine one of Macrae or CD will go. It makes no sense that both will stay on the list next year. There’s room for one in the best 22 at most it appears.

That probably frees up $1.2 million to potentially keep the rest of our out of contract stars. If Smith leaves, we’ll have significant cap to work with. It’s important to note that Naughton & English are already on substantial contracts so anything they’ve signed isnt going to ‘eat’ into any cap space.

Lobb is too old to get a r2 on the $ he is on he will be like a future 4th to get him off the books.

Just to add a hypothetical situation to the mix. Let's say we move on all of Smith, Macrae & Lobb at the end of the year. None of those guys are contributing to our current match day best 22. That likely moves on $2 million with us possibly gaining a mid first rounder and a couple of second rounders between them. It frees up some cash and gives the club some picks to 'refresh' the list rather than rebuild.

Similar to what the Pies did a few years back, I think we can bounce back quickly given we a core group of potentially elite players in the 20-24 age bracket.
You’re also going to move on Daniel because your coach has got some serious issues

Fire sale?

Jamara for two firsts, Tim English for a first rounder, re jig some contracts and refresh the group up. See if Bevo really is as good a coach as some think hope he is
UH isn't worth 2 firsts and will someone please take English so we can shop for a ruckman that actually can win hitouts

Get rid of your list manager first if this what's required. Hawks should be all over Macrae, but why would you resign a guy for 5 years only to decide he is surplus, just over 12 months later. No club is trading anything of value for Lobb.

Lobb is too old to get a r2 on the $ he is on he will be like a future 4th to get him off the books.
He’s only got 1 more year at $500k. I can’t imagine it’s worthwhile letting him go for a token late pick when he’s basically the best ruck forward outside of a best 22, is being paid only slightly above the average salary, and Darcy is unlikely to be able to manage a full season any time soon.

Get rid of your list manager first if this what's required. Hawks should be all over Macrae, but why would you resign a guy for 5 years only to decide he is surplus, just over 12 months later. No club is trading anything of value for Lobb.
Macrae was signed in the middle of 2022, off the back of consecutive AA seasons.

There’s more a disconnect between our list management and the senior coach to be fair. The senior coach is the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back