Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

**** me, the Sydney preview thread is hostile. :drunk:
Wow. I just read the last couple of pages and the vitriol is breathtaking. How quickly they forget that a few years ago they were the cinderella story, breaking the longest Premiership drought etc. etc.

Let's not get distracted by all of that negativity - it's coming thick and fast from both clubs in Sydney. We need to soak up this week and enjoy it and for god's sake don't go over to either the Sydney or GWS boards and post anything. They are not friendly places right now. Go to the main AFL board if you want to engage in any discussion with Sydney or GWS supporters.

For all the experience Suckers is meant to bring he's played as sub in one grand final. I love an inform suckling but he's been horribly out of touch and his Achilles obviously isn't going away in one week when it hasn't in several. Why risk him, I think a granny against a team like Sydney is exactly the sort of game Suckling won't thrive in. Jongy on the other hand I could see going pretty bloody close to the normie. Always a risk with Jong when he's coming back from injury but he was killing it before his shoulder. Think he comes back.

Go smaller in the back half again, very harsh as he was brilliant on Saturday but I'd take out Roberts, Hamling has more runs on the board.

Sorry for checking in.

Suckling's achilles is fine. He had an injection in that area 5ish days before the Prelim, this affected him (they knew this at the time, but he had to have it). Having said that he is 80/20 to play, not because of his achilles but because of who he may replace.

Have a great week and all the best for the granny. Enjoy the game if you are going and have a minute to yourself to absorb the atmosphere and the moment.

Last edited:
If you weren't playing us I'd be barracking for the Dogs. I desperately want the Swans to win but if we have to lose then I don't mind the Dogs taking the flag. You've been patient and deserve it.

If there's negativity on the Swans board then I think we're just letting off steam. The media angle is all about the Footscray fairytale and Sydney are the Evil Empire. We get why but some of the journalism has fallen on the wrong side of the subjective/objective fence.

Here's hoping for a cracker grand final with a Swans victory.

Last edited:
If you weren't playing us I'd be barracking for the Dogs. I desperately want the Swans to win but if we have to lose then I don't mind the Dogs taking the flag. You've been patient and deserve it.

If there's negativity on the Swans board then I think we're just letting off steam. The media angle is all about the Footscray fairytale and Sydney are the Evil Empire. We get why but some of the journalism has fallen on the wrong of the subjective/objective fence.

Cheers TG - best of luck for Saturday. We of course are hoping that we spoil your evil plot to deny us our rightful place in history. :D It really feels like this will finally be our year. You wouldn't want to deprive us of that would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be barracking for the Doggies. Not because I hate Sydney, how could I hate a team that put the Cats out of the finals, and has so many ex-Hawfs playing for them.

Hope the Bont can repeat the efforts from last Saturday.

Cheers TG - best of luck for Saturday. We of course are hoping that we spoil your evil plot to deny us our rightful place in history. :D It really feels like this will finally be our year. You wouldn't want to deprive us of that would you?
Well a GF win is so much sweeter after you've lost one. I just want you to have the best experience possible. ;)

Wow. I just read the last couple of pages and the vitriol is breathtaking. How quickly they forget that a few years ago they were the cinderella story, breaking the longest Premiership drought etc. etc.
Cmon, Mutt. They're a bunch of bandwagoners. You think they remember anything before 2012? When the swans drop down they'll all piss off back to NRL.

Two weeks ago I couldn't care less about NSW footy, now I hate it.

For all the experience Suckers is meant to bring he's played as sub in one grand final. I love an inform suckling but he's been horribly out of touch and his Achilles obviously isn't going away in one week when it hasn't in several. Why risk him, I think a granny against a team like Sydney is exactly the sort of game Suckling won't thrive in. Jongy on the other hand I could see going pretty bloody close to the normie. Always a risk with Jong when he's coming back from injury but he was killing it before his shoulder. Think he comes back.

Go smaller in the back half again, very harsh as he was brilliant on Saturday but I'd take out Roberts, Hamling has more runs on the board.
Good point on Suckling and the GF experience myth. As our clubs reached the level it has now and observing Suckling in the flesh I can see why he was a fringe player at Hawthorn. We need to pick a side on form so for me also,no Suckling.

Screw the Colas.

Let them hate on their board. We can just enjoy the moment
They've been OK over the last few pages.

As with most other team boards there is a different approach required to engage in a decent discussion.

If there's negativity on the Swans board then I think we're just letting off steam. The media angle is all about the Footscray fairytale and Sydney are the Evil Empire. We get why but some of the journalism has fallen on the wrong side of the subjective/objective fence.

I've got a job in southern Sydney today. Wearing my Dogs jacket. Everyone else is SHAAAAAAAAAARKIES.

Wonder if the Swans also feel aggrieved by the lack of Sydney sporting media attention because everyone is going SHAAAAAAAAAARKIES.

I've got a job in southern Sydney today. Wearing my Dogs jacket. Everyone else is SHAAAAAAAAAARKIES.

Wonder if the Swans also feel aggrieved by the lack of Sydney sporting media attention because everyone is going SHAAAAAAAAAARKIES.
The lack of media support burns them deeply it seems.

What they can't or won't acknowledge is the years of media fawning over the Swans that we've endured:
  • the Bloods culture
  • the leadership of Kirk et al
  • the longest Premiership drought in history
  • Adam Goodes
And now they prepare their excuses ahead of time - they can't possibly win because of the massive advantage the umpires give us - and if they do win it will be a win for the ages.

Clearly they are very worried...and they should be!

The lack of media support burns them deeply it seems.

What they can't or won't acknowledge is the years of media fawning over the Swans that we've endured:
  • the Bloods culture
  • the leadership of Kirk et al
  • the longest Premiership drought in history
  • Adam Goodes
And now they prepare their excuses ahead of time - they can't possibly win because of the massive advantage the umpires give us - and if they do win it will be a win for the ages.

Clearly they are very worried...and they should be!

Exactly, after 20 years of manufactured success courtesy of the AFL, they've suddenly had to contend with a real peoples side and the groundswell of support that has come with it....

And their a little bit upset....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back