Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its frustration rather than hate? Either way, let's focus on the footy. Hurry up Saturday!

Agreed. Not sure I can cope with the rest of the week.... It still seems surreal as a supporter, hopefully the players have moved past this feeling and are gearing up for the contest...

Three days later and it still doesn't feel real.

I don't understand how the swans are favourites, how you can play like that for three weeks and be outsiders is baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just beat me to it....

I don't understand how the swans are favourites, how you can play like that for three weeks and be outsiders is baffling.

I have only just started to enjoy the week after getting over a wicked hangover (waking up in some unknown sh*t hole in Western Sydney), getting through the anxiety of getting tickets, and now arranging to get to Melbourne and back - nothing compared to The great man from Chicago (well done).

Can someone keep me up to date - what's the early prognosis on Roughy?

Umpires named

AFTER umpiring 308 games, Scott Jeffery will finally officiate in his first Grand Final when the Western Bulldogs take on the Sydney Swans at the MCG on Saturday.

Jeffery is to be joined by Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith, veterans of four Grand Finals, as the chosen three-man umpiring team for the 2016 decider.

The two clubs seem to get on just fine...our relationship trading is just about the best of any teams (except now GWS and Carlton :rolleyes:) and we don't gob off in the media about COLA etc. Bev often mentions how exceptionally well coached Sydney are. I don't understand the hostility from some Sydney fans, but I won't lose a second's sleep over it either.
I dont think there is any animosity between tbe sides. Its all purely grand final nerves. Each club is the only thing standing in the way for either club to write their names in the history books. Everyone is nervous as hell and putting each other down to make themselves feel better about their own chances.

Its all purely a coping mecahnism

Hey guys, just posting where there seems to be a bit of traffic. I booked accom for the night of the B&F but since I've been overseas the past 6 weeks I missed the release of the tickets. So just wondering if anyone purchased tickets and can't go anymore or have another way of obtaining them? Thanks.

Hamling - Franklin (Deserves first crack at Buddy)
Wood - X.Richards
Roberts/Morris - Tippett
Picken - Parker

Dickson - N.Smith
Stringer - Rampe
Boyd - Grundy
Bont - Mitchell

Going to be a cracker game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and given Swans were smashed by GWS two weeks ago I would suggest they are not even the best team in their City!!

I haven't had much reason to dislike the swans over the years. Their club is obviously very good in how they operate, I like most of their players (I can't name any of them with punchable lids), our trading history is pretty good and up until recently I had encountered minimum big footy flogs that support the swans. I even have a family member who goes for the swans (or use to until I put my age of empires priest hat on and converted them to the dogs, and Liam Pickens number one fan).

But my gosh the vitriol in regards to us on the swans board is staggering. Which I find baffling considering the history of their club which up until a decade ago was more unsuccessful than ours, and now they complain about us recieveing media attention (which we have lacked for the past 50 years). How many times have we heard the "bloods" culture being rammed down our throats. How many of the great finals and grand finals moments are in reference to Sydney (Lockett 1996, Davis 05, Barry 05, Malceski 12). This is from a club that in recent years have been able to spend 2m per season on 2 individual players, which they AFL have admitted that they used the Cola allowance to do so, just after they won a grand final. This is from a club who have had access to the best 2 players from the last 2 drafts because "apparently they need an academy". Pretty sure they'd do just fine without one too. This is from the club who cried foul when one of their players was being booed (which has happened in AFL football as long as we probably all can remember). And yeah didn't we all hear the boos ring out after we beat them in 2015 up at the SCG.

Their club and its supporters obviously have short memories, they obviously think their overwhelming favourites and should flog us, they have obviously forgotten about our past 2 clashes and the GWS trouncing from 3 weeks ago. 1 week of media attention obviously justifies their hatred :rolleyes:.

Apparently they are "better across every line" we'll have to see about that!

Last edited:
Trade off between offensive output and defensive pressure there. Suckling's long kicking seems to be impeded by his achilles injury and I worry they'll try to play one of their young guns (like Heeney) off Suckling to expose his lack of defensive pressure.
Suckling should play exactly like he did in the other two finals. His long kicking certainly helped v west coast. Help spooling has been good too. I think he's the better player and should play, but don't think either option is bad

Umpires named

AFTER umpiring 308 games, Scott Jeffery will finally officiate in his first Grand Final when the Western Bulldogs take on the Sydney Swans at the MCG on Saturday.

Jeffery is to be joined by Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith, veterans of four Grand Finals, as the chosen three-man umpiring team for the 2016 decider.
half wonder if Nicholls missed out because he supposedly 'missed' that 50m pen to Scully near the end (err, Scully veered off his line, that's play on)

Suckling should play exactly like he did in the other two finals. His long kicking certainly helped v west coast. Help spooling has been good too. I think he's the better player and should play, but don't think either option is bad

I think there is an argument either way about his inclusion, but if we setup correctly, he can be a real asset if he is over his achilles issues and can really deliver the ball at distance...

Hi just signed up although I am a regular reader. Hope everyone enjoys the week and there is a happy end to this story. I am heading os tomorrow and don't know if where I will see the game when in Peru. May have to stream it. Managed to get my old man a ticket to the gf though. Fingers crossed. Been a great finals series.

There was a whisper in the Herald-Sun this morning suggesting that a GWS official complained to the AFL about their team getting booed onto the ground!!! How funny is that did they expect the AFL to take down the names of all the Doggies supporters and ban them

roflmfao

GWS crying about their team being booed?

roflmfao

GWS crying about their team being booed?

Apparently the GWS players are still upset at the result, having been advised by the AFL that Dogs players wouldn't be allowed to score goals, tackle or kick the football. That explains Heath Shaw's antics and finger pointing....

"You told me that they wouldn't be allowed to kick goals" - every time the ball went over his head...

There was a whisper in the Herald-Sun this morning suggesting that a GWS official complained to the AFL about their team getting booed onto the ground!!! How funny is that did they expect the AFL to take down the names of all the Doggies supporters and ban them
Maybe they should get some fans and not be outnumbered at their own home final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back