Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously didn't see the game on Saturday. The Spotswood midfield were comprehensively beaten and all looked, maybe even played injured. Going to be a huge game this week. Being a Woods supporter, even I am a touch nervous. Thought the bench was very under-utilised on Saturday and that Albion were miles ahead in this area. Definitely some food for thought!

You obviously didn't see the game on Sunday. Have you seen the size of Quinn who plays in the midfield for Sunshine? Looks like he had a slumber party at KFC.

Spotty did look a little leg heavy in both games last week. Maybe over done on the track, but don't think that will happen this week. Looks like rain and wind on sat. Spotty would be better off leaving out Jensen and Hucker and bringing in the 2 young runners from the Jets. Although with Razor being their spiritual leader i can't see him missing. So would it be Bond and Hucker for Delaney and Orchard? Or maybe some other lighter and quicker bodies. Decisions, decisions.

Hucker wouldn't be right after that knock on the weekend surely? Didn't look good. So he would be a definite out. Can't see many other changes. Bond will play he is a good tap ruckmen. Jensen maybe left out? If anything, Fowler would be the one to come out of the twos. Kicked 5 on the weekend whereas Orchard had a very quiet one.

Sorry mate not from melton south but u do watch a few of there games as im from around the area just heard they are chasing him and that he was close to going there last year

Thats fair enough, Seams that melton south keep offering our players crazy money ( Spooner ) .there were half dozen clubs chasing jenkins this year and i suspect there will be more chasing him next year especialy if he wins the comp medal, will just have to see what he happens but from all reports he's pretty happy at St.Albans... let the silly season begin.

Still quite on here but a couple of questions?

Rock - Noticed Port Colts has all coaching jobs open for next season. Is this something by constitution or is there more to this then is not for public?

Also any confirmed player movements from any clubs?

GB50 - Have you been successful finding a successor?

What does the coaching structure at Hoppers look like around Mitchell?

Rock - Noticed Port Colts has all coaching jobs open for next season. Is this something by constitution or is there more to this then is not for public?

Have been in discussions with a couple of people but yet to find a suitable candidate. Still early days.

For anyone interested in coaching have a look at the positions vacant on the WRFL website. Sunny Heights are looking for an assistant coach (prefer playing) for 2011 to then take over the senior position in 2012

I am sure there are a heap of experts on here that are qualified for the job:thumbsu: and Weapons in case you are interested we can pay in either cash or canteen vouchers:D:D

I'll start by adding i have no involvement at port colts now.
I played this year and have now retired....i mite play next year in the ressies but even that's not on my radar now.
So what decided from the committe i have no clue.

As for the coaching jobs, i thought the senior coach would get another crack again though i'm unsure, also there were times they advertised when i was senior coach and then i was told that it was not in the constitution and then they didn't advertise until last year.
I think they should advertise and see what candidates are out there.
In my opinion though i expect Peter Lunt to be given the job.
Would be strange changing after just 1 year.

Intersting after saturday's game Harro saying that he may think it's the end of the playing coaches at local level, with the way footy is changing, with rotations, zones, set ups and the like. I also agree with him, although if you can have a assistant that you can trust and believe in to run these properly, it can still work.

This weeks game spotty by 100 plus and then the following week they will win the gf by 12 goals!!!
Hope i'm wrong but i doubt it!!

I'll start by adding i have no involvement at port colts now.
I played this year and have now retired....i mite play next year in the ressies but even that's not on my radar now.
So what decided from the committe i have no clue.

As for the coaching jobs, i thought the senior coach would get another crack again though i'm unsure, also there were times they advertised when i was senior coach and then i was told that it was not in the constitution and then they didn't advertise until last year.
I think they should advertise and see what candidates are out there.
In my opinion though i expect Peter Lunt to be given the job.
Would be strange changing after just 1 year.

Intersting after saturday's game Harro saying that he may think it's the end of the playing coaches at local level, with the way footy is changing, with rotations, zones, set ups and the like. I also agree with him, although if you can have a assistant that you can trust and believe in to run these properly, it can still work.

This weeks game spotty by 100 plus and then the following week they will win the gf by 12 goals!!!
Hope i'm wrong but i doubt it!!

rumours that he was spotted at Spotty last thursday night

rumours that he was spotted at Spotty last thursday night

Nothing wrong with Peter being spotted watching them train , alway's good to see how other good sides go about their buisness and i am sure he went away having learnt something.

Agree with Rock, will be very surprised if he is not reappointed next year, did a great job with little help and considering how our year started , i am more than pleased how our year went.

Will take a very good applicant with plenty of promises to knock him off and yes it is Club policy to advertise each year.

Nothing wrong with Peter being spotted watching them train , alway's good to see how other good sides go about their buisness and i am sure he went away having learnt something.

Agree with Rock, will be very surprised if he is not reappointed next year, did a great job with little help and considering how our year started , i am more than pleased how our year went.

Will take a very good applicant with plenty of promises to knock him off and yes it is Club policy to advertise each year.

Your spot on Bloods. With Spotswood being the yardstick of the comp,it is the obvious place for a young aspiring coach who is not involved in finals to be seen. I see it as a complement to his willingness to learn.

As for Harro's comments,I would have to agree senior coaching at this level is becoming more time consuming every year. Have heard that when he stands down at years end Manton will be the new coach.

Your spot on Bloods. With Spotswood being the yardstick of the comp,it is the obvious place for a young aspiring coach who is not involved in finals to be seen. I see it as a complement to his willingness to learn.

As for Harro's comments,I would have to agree senior coaching at this level is becoming more time consuming every year. Have heard that when he stands down at years end Manton will be the new coach.

Why would he stand down at the end of the year?

Bloods and Rock

Very surprising that you say he will be reappointed and also that he done a good job.
Firstly the club missed the finals, when obviously the list was good enough to make it, if not finish top 3, results against, Albion Sunshine and Altona towards the end of the year prove this. A few clubs were happy to see the back of the colts.
So the coach must take some responsability.
I ask you Rock how would you have fared if you coached this year?

Also roumors coming from your club is like our situation the coach lost his players, also heard that a number of players will not be at colts next year if he is coach. This may be false but just a few whispers i heard around the wrfl traps.

Bloods and Rock

Very surprising that you say he will be reappointed and also that he done a good job.
Firstly the club missed the finals, when obviously the list was good enough to make it, if not finish top 3, results against, Albion Sunshine and Altona towards the end of the year prove this. A few clubs were happy to see the back of the colts.
So the coach must take some responsability.
I ask you Rock how would you have fared if you coached this year?

Also roumors coming from your club is like our situation the coach lost his players, also heard that a number of players will not be at colts next year if he is coach. This may be false but just a few whispers i heard around the wrfl traps.

The list was good enough to make finals, which we almost did but the list we had was very unsettled due to many being unavailable during the year, injuries and other reasons.

There were rumours last year but the loyal ones stuck and played , so will be surprised if any leave. there are alway's rumours floating around some-one may hear something and then put their own slant on it to make it more interesting.

Hey Obe1 have heard a whisper that Simon Atkins has been linked to Albion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Obe1 have heard a whisper that Simon Atkins has been linked to Albion.

You may find their resources may already be a bit stretched already , so hopefully a big Grand Final win will keep them above water.

Haha where are the Spotty crower's lately on here, must be the pressure lol.

Haha where are the Spotty crower's lately on here, must be the pressure lol.

They wouldn't be crowing after seeing the weather heavy rain and storms. Weather like that evens things right up and it becomes a completely different game. It may suit Spotty who knows but with their talls and skills level negated it comes down to who wants the ball more.

Why would he stand down at the end of the year?

Has stated publically (not on this forum), that he is having a year off next year. President has also stated (again, not on this forum), that some of his other buisness interests need a bit more $$$ put into them, so he can't afford to put as much into the club. Should be interesting at the cattery next season. Congrats on Foley for being named for this w/end. Could provide a bit of a X factor.

Too many posts to quote. My thoughts on some of them.

Playing Coaches
Never a fan but no disrespect meant to anyone who does it. Past seasons Grand finalists have had playing coaches but unsure whether it is the player/coach combination (on match day) that's been the reason for the success. Spotty has a dilemma as to whether to go with the same idea when appointing a new coach down the track(after the Kelly era, whenever that ends) due their recent successes. Harro is on the money. When the local game becomes more complex, coaches need the time to watch the ball, set ups etc, collect their thoughts, bounce ideas of their assistant/s and deliver a measured address. I don't know whether you can do all of that and worry about getting the pill as well. It's been done well do this point but will much harder when clubs take on more of the AFL like structures and processes.
Spotty Sprukers
I think a few posters on here have taken the bait thrown out by some stirrers. Most of the Spotty BF members have seen other dominant sides go down in the big one or go out in straight sets over the years so no cockiness there. Why some of you take notice of the dills has got me stuffed. Plus this thread has been sh!t boring all year, someone had to spice it up.
I don't think the weather will worry Spotty. The responsibility lies with Sunshine to beat them. Thor the Thunder God won't have a say in it.

Playing Coaches
Never a fan but no disrespect meant to anyone who does it. Past seasons Grand finalists have had playing coaches but unsure whether it is the player/coach combination (on match day) that's been the reason for the success. Spotty has a dilemma as to whether to go with the same idea when appointing a new coach down the track(after the Kelly era, whenever that ends) due their recent successes. Harro is on the money. When the local game becomes more complex, coaches need the time to watch the ball, set ups etc, collect their thoughts, bounce ideas of their assistant/s and deliver a measured address. I don't know whether you can do all of that and worry about getting the pill as well. It's been done well do this point but will much harder when clubs take on more of the AFL like structures and processes.
Spotty Sprukers
I think a few posters on here have taken the bait thrown out by some stirrers. Most of the Spotty BF members have seen other dominant sides go down in the big one or go out in straight sets over the years so no cockiness there. Why some of you take notice of the dills has got me stuffed. Plus this thread has been sh!t boring all year, someone had to spice it up.
I don't think the weather will worry Spotty. The responsibility lies with Sunshine to beat them. Thor the Thunder God won't have a say in it.

Spotty by 8 goals..

Strongbow and Miss Vicki please explain.....:confused:

sorry for late response bloods taken this longto pull me head out,
funny how a bad loss can silence people and wake others up.

cant really explain what happened apart that albion dominated from start to finish, but as has happened the last three years Spotty play a prelim final. i'm expecting a close one similair to 2008 against Stalbans.

did observe 3 of bf's finest in close proximity last sat maybe planing a conspiracy theory

sorry for late response bloods taken this longto pull me head out,
funny how a bad loss can silence people and wake others up.

cant really explain what happened apart that albion dominated from start to finish, but as has happened the last three years Spotty play a prelim final. i'm expecting a close one similair to 2008 against Stalbans.

did observe 3 of bf's finest in close proximity last sat maybe planing a conspiracy theory

incorrect in 2007 spotty went straight into the gf.

ROCK who is your opinion for the flag? Oviously you have seen spotswood play poor finals over the years and then really turn it on in the last week, can they overcome such a lose to albion? who needs to be dropped from that side? IMO Jensen has no skill what so ever and is far to slow, dumb to be included into another grand final side if they make it, bond also looks abit top heavy for chirnside.

who do you think will lose there spot in the grand final for albion? with Turner, Davis and possible others who could be in the mix? Players who were quite were Knezavic-- Mickletwaite-- Richards.

Playing Coaches
Spotty Sprukers
had a beer with the sunshine runner, and he was telling me brett has made proble 3 changes for the whole year from the ground, he has complete faith in the blokes he has on the side lines, and i dont think anyone can bag setters or greg for our performancers because were playing in a pre lim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back