Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't see anything wrong with this, might just be a scare munger ploy to get Point Cook seniors to join WRFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see a plan put on the table that the seniors will switch leagues in 2012 which will allow the juniors to stay in the WRFL for 2011.

Good tactic from where I sit. if the juniors are threatened with being removed from the WRFL, there is no way the club will just sit back and leave, the junior club runs the senior club and pays all of its rgestrations and coaches with the funds received from junior regestrations.

where would Point Cook juniors go, which league? Parents wont stand for it and the club will force the seniors into WRFL.

Smart move by Spotty:thumbsu:

VAFA Junior competion might be an option.

Smart move by Spotty, they are simply the puppet, or should I say muppet.

VAFA Junior competion might be an option.

Smart move by Spotty, they are simply the puppet, or should I say muppet.

I understand the arguments either way. This is an outsiders view from someone who doesn't claim to know all the facts. Pt Cook may a some stage decide to join the WRFL as the geography would suggest that this is the logical thing to do however, at the moment, an amateur organisation that offers 7 divisions is the best option for a brand new club. Surely you don’t want another club in WRFL receiving the sort of hidings that were common last year. That was a bad look for the WRFL and severely damaged the brand. It does seems very harsh to dish out these sort of penalties to a junior club. They should be commended for growing the game in the west and providing a pathway into senior football, no matter which competition that might be.

I understand the arguments either way. This is an outsiders view from someone who doesn't claim to know all the facts. Pt Cook may a some stage decide to join the WRFL as the geography would suggest that this is the logical thing to do however, at the moment, an amateur organisation that offers 7 divisions is the best option for a brand new club. Surely you don’t want another club in WRFL receiving the sort of hidings that were common last year. That was a bad look for the WRFL and severely damaged the brand. It does seems very harsh to dish out these sort of penalties to a junior club. They should be commended for growing the game in the west and providing a pathway into senior football, no matter which competition that might be.

You are probably not aware but there is a club about 5KM away from Point Cook that has a senior team in the WRFL (and have been in there for years) and they only have 1 junior team... while PC has 17.

I think that needs to be factored in to the argument.

You are probably not aware but there is a club about 5KM away from Point Cook that has a senior team in the WRFL (and have been in there for years) and they only have 1 junior team... while PC has 17.

Maybe that is because they run a good footy club and the kids dont want to play for the one 5km down the road. They dont have to share their players. The other club needs to make itself attractive to them. I think it is a disgraceful motion by Spotty and the WRFL should be trying to convince the senior club to join, whether next year or later down the track. However if it is as well run as I am led to believe, then they probably dont want anything to do with the WRFL and cant say I blame them.

If a motion has been put about the Point Cook situation, thats all it is and then all the member clubs of the WRFL will have a vote on what they think, so whatever the out come it will not be because of one club it will be the vote of the majority as I understand it.
Caroline Springs have been courageous enough to enter a senior team into the WRFL and I am sure in a few years (less than 5) they will be making great progress in our league.
Perhaps the WRFL should issue a media release on the WRFL website about the issues surrounding this topic because as already mentioned by previous posters it is a problematic issue.

Yes I was aware of that but did not think it was a particularly relevant. Maybe that says more about those particular clubs. The same things happens in every comp with clubs fortunes going up and down dependent on a range of factors. I just reckon give the Pt Cook seniors the chance to establish themselves in the bottom grade of the VAFA before they have to start throwing $ around to compete in the WRFL. While I personally believe they should be free to play wherever they want if it is deemed that they must play in the WRFL then negotiate a sunset clause - 2, 5, 7 years or whatever but don’t punish the junior arm of the club. The ones who are most effected are the kids and they couldn’t care less about all this rubbish and are no position to influence the decision one-way or the other.

Maybe the WRFL need to put a cap on the amount of junior teams you have at the club then this way clubs in the surrounding areas might pick up the rest.

I believe there is another Metro League that has a cap in place but not to sure whch one either EDFL or EFL

Why do you and your mates from Spotty always pump this bloke up to be a tough guy, because he sticks his chest out and stands over young kids on a footy ground. I saw him get pinned by the smallest bloke on the ground one day and I think I heard some of your own having a chuckle to them self's.

Fact is the game has passed him by and unfortunately he showed that on the biggest stage.

******** number 2

Happy to take a few extra junior teams at Heights:thumbsu:

In regards to "recruiting" U18 players I think it shows that I am a WRFL person. Took 2 good young kids who could have been playing VAFA and kept then in the WRFL.

Plenty of good players came form U18B.
I hope your still not president because if the only way you can get juniors is to kick other sides out of the comp your club is in the s**t.:thumbsdown:Tosser.
By the way does your recruiting policy offer self defence classes or do you leave that detail out when your selling your club to kids.

I hope your still not president because if the only way you can get juniors is to kick other sides out of the comp your club is in the s**t.:thumbsdown:Tosser.
By the way does your recruiting policy offer self defence classes or do you leave that detail out when your selling your club to kids.

:confused::confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me a break, albions under 18 coach is a hack. Reaping the rewards of talented kids that were coached very well in u/14 and u/16. a decent coach would have made them only better!

Not sure what u get out of potting blokes on this site, not saying i totally disagree but there's positives and negatives on both sides of it. Albion has now had a very competitive 18's team for a number of yrs now, the coach was fairly well liked by the boys, and while the kids with a bit of talent would stay on regardless of who's the coach, the same prob can't be said for a couple of the other boys n its obvisouly important to keep an 18's team every yr something 6 or 7 yrs ago albion didn't even have, and the 18's have been pretty handy in albion's success the last couple of yrs, both 1's n 2's.

Why do you and your mates from Spotty always pump this bloke up to be a tough guy, because he sticks his chest out and stands over young kids on a footy ground. I saw him get pinned by the smallest bloke on the ground one day and I think I heard some of your own having a chuckle to them self's.

Fact is the game has passed him by and unfortunately he showed that on the biggest stage.

never pump him up to be a tough guy, will stick up for him when his character is questioned by some.

but each to their own, there is a few blokes playing at the moment that have done a lot worse than Ray yet people seem to over look these pieces of dirt

never pump him up to be a tough guy, will stick up for him when his character is questioned by some.

but each to their own, there is a few blokes playing at the moment that have done a lot worse than Ray yet people seem to over look these pieces of dirt

I really can't understand why so many people give credence or respond to unknown, cowardly negative comments.
We only should worry about what our friends and family think of us, not people who have no idea what we are like.
Ray and like a few others on here have big personalities and thios creates jealousy.
From all reports he is a fantastic clubmen, mite act a fool at times on the field, and he may not be the most talented player going around, no doubt he would play seniors in every single wrfl a grade side.
Enough of all the weak piss comments that mean sh it talk footy or just go away.
If bullshit continues please others just ignore.

This is the most sensible and logical statement I have seen on this issue for many months.

I really can't understand why so many people give credence or respond to unknown, cowardly negative comments.
We only should worry about what our friends and family think of us, not people who have no idea what we are like.
Ray and like a few others on here have big personalities and thios creates jealousy.
From all reports he is a fantastic clubmen, mite act a fool at times on the field, and he may not be the most talented player going around, no doubt he would play seniors in every single wrfl a grade side.
Enough of all the weak piss comments that mean sh it talk footy or
just go away.
If bullshit continues please others just ignore.

Good post.

Yes I was aware of that but did not think it was a particularly relevant. Maybe that says more about those particular clubs. The same things happens in every comp with clubs fortunes going up and down dependent on a range of factors. I just reckon give the Pt Cook seniors the chance to establish themselves in the bottom grade of the VAFA before they have to start throwing $ around to compete in the WRFL. While I personally believe they should be free to play wherever they want if it is deemed that they must play in the WRFL then negotiate a sunset clause - 2, 5, 7 years or whatever but don’t punish the junior arm of the club. The ones who are most effected are the kids and they couldn’t care less about all this rubbish and are no position to influence the decision one-way or the other.
for gods sake, lets get to the bottom line, who really cares if pt cook is playin in the ammos or the wrfl??? coz if i was running a new footy club, i wudnt enter it in our league to get financially raped year after year!!!

A few points;
  • The WRFL have tried to get Point Cook to enter league. Point Cook objected and are developing there club in the Amatuers.
  • 17 x Junior Sides - That's over 340 kids that are now up in the air. Put simply I disagree with the decision as it is more important to bring kids through the system and I would be confident a lot of them kids would look at options when becoming seniors due to travel requirements in Amatuers.
Lastly - I agree with the comment on posting things about Big Ray as he really is not what the forum is about:thumbsu: (I'd rather talk about quality recruits or key issues but have in the past been known to put out others weaknesses)

Boot em out and send the kids to Laverton or Glenorden. As a WRFL person I would prefer to see all of our clubs with a full set of junior teams.

Point Cook 17 junior teams - Laverton 1, Orden 5 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Mick,

Maybe if you spent less time on bigfooty worrying about other clubs and more time recruiting A grade recruits (or fundraising to raise player payments) than Heights may move up the ladder???

Lets not forget that there is not much between Glen Orden & yourselves and depending on how quickly Nth footscray adjust (and recruit) for Divvy 1 and this is a bit of an unknown, you could be in the relegation zone up to your ears which means if you drop down your last 2 years of work will be for nothing.

Less bigfooty and more fundraising/ recruiting.

Control what you can control which is Sunshine Heights and let those muppets at WRFL headquarters deal with Pt Cook, something you have no control over

Cheers

TT

Mick,

Maybe if you spent less time on bigfooty worrying about other clubs and more time recruiting A grade recruits (or fundraising to raise player payments) than Heights may move up the ladder???

Lets not forget that there is not much between Glen Orden & yourselves and depending on how quickly Nth footscray adjust (and recruit) for Divvy 1 and this is a bit of an unknown, you could be in the relegation zone up to your ears which means if you drop down your last 2 years of work will be for nothing.

Less bigfooty and more fundraising/ recruiting.

Control what you can control which is Sunshine Heights and let those muppets at WRFL headquarters deal with Pt Cook, something you have no control over

Cheers

TT

For all I know you are some pimply faced 14 yar old kid that has never played a game of footy in his life. Identify yourself and your opinion and suggestions might actually be worth reading:thumbsu:

I was smart and retired before i embarassed myself! Unlike Ray!

Is this the same reject from spotswood that has captained the most successful era in spotswood history and infact the leagues history, so he must be doing something right, he is loved down there, people who don't know him hate him and people who know him love him and guess what he is captain again.

For all I know you are some pimply faced 14 yar old kid that has never played a game of footy in his life. Identify yourself and your opinion and suggestions might actually be worth reading:thumbsu:

how'd you go when you had a kick pal? Forgive my ignorance if I should know! Apologies in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back