Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Rose might have gone back to Spotswood, where he started, but I would imagine Spotswood couldn't afford him.
He played juniors at Warrandyte and never played at Spotswood. Also hasn't signed at AH or Deer Park unless he signed in the last hour.

He played juniors at Warrandyte and never played at Spotswood. Also hasn't signed at AH or Deer Park unless he signed in the last hour.
I heard he was a big chance of signing at Altona under his old coach ghazi?? Doubt if they could afford him though.

Also heard Cooney to spotty any truth to this rumour

I heard he was a big chance of signing at Altona under his old coach ghazi?? Doubt if they could afford him though.

Also heard Cooney to spotty any truth to this rumour
Cooney has shown interest in playing some games at Spotswwod but has picked up some media work so this will impact these plans. Wouldn't expect Rose to be at Altona . At this stage I'd guess it's 50/50 AH and DP unless other clubs come knocking. If Avondale had won more games I'm sure he'd have signed already. 4 wins is starting along way back.

There was a few posts suggesting Strathmore but I'm not convinced Grima is coaching them at this point. Nothing coming out of Strathmore ATM.

In all honesty if players are after the highest match payments then Deer Park is your club. However I think there is more to get you motivated than just the almighty dollar. I guess Patty has done the hard yards so I don't begrudge him but surely Firrito won't enjoy the standard of competition..
Don't know how you can say he has done the hard yards? Since he left port Melbourne he would have been paid as well as any local footballer going around.

Don't know how you can say he has done the hard yards? Since he left port Melbourne he would have been paid as well as any local footballer going around.
I can't answer for Turbo but what I can add to this is Rose before leaving the VFL after the 2011 season had dedicated 7 years towards his endeavours to making the AFL . 6 of these years were played at Williamstown where his match payments wouldn't have put him in the top 12 paid players at most EDFL premier clubs. Another year he spent on the Western Bulldogs rookie list as a full time professional footballer on a wage most would consider meagre . He took leave without pay from his job as a building supervisor. He unbeknown to most , prior to the 2014 season knocked back the biggest package I've ever heard offered to any player outside the AFL . This offer came from a major country club who win flags in their sleep. He knocked this offer back to stay loyal to his mate Ghazi at Avondale. Then what do Avondale do ? Make possibly the worst decision a local club have made IMO and sack Ghazi . Rose stayed an extra year even after all this. Now Avondale are playing the "you can't leave us now Patty " card. What goes around comes around.

Cmon mate, he played many years of VFL footy when he could have easily taken the easy option. Plus as Bully mentioned, he doesn't move clubs every year. His reasonably loyal and a good bloke. I don't begrudge him anything but not playing for a club like Deer Park (with all their $!) is what Patty is about. Yes he gets well paid but gee his one of the best full forwards going around if not the best..

Hey Bully- well said in your recent post.

Cmon mate, he played many years of VFL footy when he could have easily taken the easy option. Plus as Bully mentioned, he doesn't move clubs every year. His reasonably loyal and a good bloke. I don't begrudge him anything but not playing for a club like Deer Park (with all their $!) is what Patty is about. Yes he gets well paid but gee his one of the best full forwards going around if not the best..

Hey Bully- well said in your recent post.

Rose definitely a class act, any club would love to have him.

DP looking at having some big names potentially leaving/retiring Fev, Perkins etc. Will we see the points system come into play next year, as if they try and bring in too many mercenaries they will come across some big problems fitting them all in, arguably at times this year they definitely had to manage the points system.

I can't answer for Turbo but what I can add to this is Rose before leaving the VFL after the 2011 season had dedicated 7 years towards his endeavours to making the AFL . 6 of these years were played at Williamstown where his match payments wouldn't have put him in the top 12 paid players at most EDFL premier clubs. Another year he spent on the Western Bulldogs rookie list as a full time professional footballer on a wage most would consider meagre . He took leave without pay from his job as a building supervisor. He unbeknown to most , prior to the 2014 season knocked back the biggest package I've ever heard offered to any player outside the AFL . This offer came from a major country club who win flags in their sleep. He knocked this offer back to stay loyal to his mate Ghazi at Avondale. Then what do Avondale do ? Make possibly the worst decision a local club have made IMO and sack Ghazi . Rose stayed an extra year even after all this. Now Avondale are playing the "you can't leave us now Patty " card. What goes around comes around.
rose is a dog bro no loyalty deadset dog act as

rose is a dog bro no loyalty deadset dog act as

Hey mate, go back to the div3 thread. No need for these comments.

Is the points now 40 total, down from 50.

Few whispers GA moving on to his venture and it's Melton Sth..

Jason Cloke returning to WRFL in Albion colours. Gave you the mail a few weeks back and believe it's true..

Few clubs improving in Altona & Albion and Hoppers calling a few players.

Hey mate, go back to the div3 thread. No need for these comments.

Is the points now 40 total, down from 50.

Few whispers GA moving on to his venture and it's Melton Sth..

Jason Cloke returning to WRFL in Albion colours. Gave you the mail a few weeks back and believe it's true..

Isn't he jacana?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few clubs improving in Altona & Albion and Hoppers calling a few players.[/QUOTE]

Turbo Old Buddy - I think every other club may be calling players as well.

On a side note I think the league got the Rookie of the Year right: Pickard was the best young player I seen this season by a fair margin. Think he'll get VFL clubs chasing him & think his good enough.

Turbo Old Buddy - I think every other club may be calling players as well.

On a side note I think the league got the Rookie of the Year right: Pickard was the best young player I seen this season by a fair margin. Think he'll get VFL clubs chasing him & think his good enough.[/QUOTE]

Hey TTR, all good mate. yeah understand all clubs make plenty of calls to players but they seem to be going after some big fish..

That rumour of Jase Perkins to an EDFL club seems to have gathered momentum. How many posts is he worth as seems to change clubs a lot..

Hey TTR, all good mate. yeah understand all clubs make plenty of calls to players but they seem to be going after some big fish..

That rumour of Jase Perkins to an EDFL club seems to have gathered momentum. How many posts is he worth as seems to change clubs a lot..[/QUOTE]

If it comes down to $$$$ Deer Park win. His name has been mentioned a lot, but it was exactly the same 12 months ago. He is a gun & with good service will hurt any opposition. Him & Galea are very similar in my opinion.

just on presentation night, i thought Ziggy from newports speech was the best of the night, very humble and gracious when accepting the divy 3 cup!

just on presentation night, i thought Ziggy from newports speech was the best of the night, very humble and gracious when accepting the divy 3 cup!
Yes Ziggy represented his club very well. Most won't want to read this but Mark Mcgoldrick gave a very thoughtful speech as well. Unlike their coach last year and their u18's coach this year.

Yes Ziggy represented his club very well. Most won't want to read this but Mark Mcgoldrick gave a very thoughtful speech as well. Unlike their coach last year and their u18's coach this year.

Yes Ziggy spoke real well, must the Spotty in him, and agree Mcgoldrick was far more humble than Bullen last year.

Yes Ziggy spoke real well, must the Spotty in him, and agree Mcgoldrick was far more humble than Bullen last year.

I'm advised from reliable source money bags taking the role as president at DPFC and his w***er mate Eddie been offered a board position at his beloved north Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back