Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what was said Saturday at Spotswood game all positions at CS up for grabs ,maybe the money man to rescue ?
Let's cut through the BS about Caroline Springs
This year was always going to be a struggle coming into Div 1, the expectation was win 2 maybe sneak another couple of games and start to build for progressive improvement to establish a solid Div 1 club.. After 3-4 weeks it was clearly evident to all that the coach(for whatever reason) wasn't capable of doing the job to deliver that out-come, so the club was strong enough to identify that and make a tough change, the longer he was there the more damage long term to the club it was doing through his inability to deliver a CS team down on personal but had to be seen to be hard to play against and earn respect from the rest of the competition. Yes $$$ would assist CS greatly , just like it does the rest of the teams that would be spending at least double what CS spend, some of them 4 times... Time to lay off CS , they will be ok , strong committee willing to make the tough(not popular) choices for the long term benefit of the club

Let's cut through the BS about Caroline Springs
This year was always going to be a struggle coming into Div 1, the expectation was win 2 maybe sneak another couple of games and start to build for progressive improvement to establish a solid Div 1 club.. After 3-4 weeks it was clearly evident to all that the coach(for whatever reason) wasn't capable of doing the job to deliver that out-come, so the club was strong enough to identify that and make a tough change, the longer he was there the more damage long term to the club it was doing through his inability to deliver a CS team down on personal but had to be seen to be hard to play against and earn respect from the rest of the competition. Yes $$$ would assist CS greatly , just like it does the rest of the teams that would be spending at least double what CS spend, some of them 4 times... Time to lay off CS , they will be ok , strong committee willing to make the tough(not popular) choices for the long term benefit of the club
The poor coach always is scapegoat that is current landscape we live in ,jumping up division always tough one area clubs fail on is recruiting looks sub standard unfortunately CS will have to conjure up 3 wins to stay up

The poor coach always is scapegoat that is current landscape we live in ,jumping up division always tough one area clubs fail on is recruiting looks sub standard unfortunately CS will have to conjure up 3 wins to stay up
The coach wasn't getting the best out of the players, doesn't matter what Division you're in , if he's not doing that he's not doing his job!

Well C.S need to start by winning this week against Albion or its Div 2 for them.
Game of the round Altona v Deer Park but D.P just I think although Altona are a better side at home and tough to beat there, they deserve a big scalp !
Sunshine with another chance to prove they can win a finals game by beating Spotty at home, reckon they will!
Hoppers at St Albans should be closer then you think but Hoppers just, probably to big up forward, St Albans need to play for the coach not themselves.
Upset of the round W`vale will beat Werribee if there is no Panayi playing, if he plays will kick a bag and be the difference.

Just watching the Altona v Deer park game at Altona great game of footy extremely high standard heaps lead changes Altona had heaps more of the footy but Deer park just a little cleaner all tied up till last 4 minutes Deer park kicked last three goals Altona more shots on goal not as clean great game worthy of a final Deer park very good unit Altona can be anything on the day contender
Now my beef sat next to a guy who video the game the league need to get a copy of this and let me start by saying not for or against either side
The umpiring was under 14 standard a disgrace for a game of this standard match of the day both sides argued with them all day and at times couldn't believe what they got away with.( had a great laugh myself )

All credit to both sides playing on with great footy well done.

Just watching the Altona v Deer park game at Altona great game of footy extremely high standard heaps lead changes Altona had heaps more of the footy but Deer park just a little cleaner all tied up till last 4 minutes Deer park kicked last three goals Altona more shots on goal not as clean great game worthy of a final Deer park very good unit Altona can be anything on the day contender
Now my beef sat next to a guy who video the game the league need to get a copy of this and let me start by saying not for or against either side
The umpiring was under 14 standard a disgrace for a game of this standard match of the day both sides argued with them all day and at times couldn't believe what they got away with.( had a great laugh myself )

All credit to both sides playing on with great footy well done.

Good assesment and if Altona can scrap into the finals then make the big one i reckon D.P might be a little scared ! Altona need another big strong Backman as they struggled to contain Perkins & Condos, that was the difference in the game, 2 power forwards at one end and relying on mid size players and no effective big forward for Altona!

Umpiring is not consistant and thats the issue, I think even the 3 umpires on field didn`t compliment eachothers decisions. When they are all on the same page with the calls you can say well it was bad for both teams but when one umpire pays every dropping the ball and the other dosen`t ever put whistle to mouth it frustrates the players and can make a good game ugly to watch !

Can Caroline Springs beat W`Vale and keep their chance of staying in Divvy 1 alive !! This game will be ON !!! Loser goes back. I think W`Vale might just fall short.
Deer Park v Spotty and Hoppers v Altona should be crackers and really shape the top 5 putting D.P clear, Hoppers in the mix for top 3 or Altona back in the 5, they NEED the win the most !! For mine Deer Park & Altona.
Werribee & Sunshine should win.

Good assesment and if Altona can scrap into the finals then make the big one i reckon D.P might be a little scared ! Altona need another big strong Backman as they struggled to contain Perkins & Condos, that was the difference in the game, 2 power forwards at one end and relying on mid size players and no effective big forward for Altona!

Umpiring is not consistant and thats the issue, I think even the 3 umpires on field didn`t compliment eachothers decisions. When they are all on the same page with the calls you can say well it was bad for both teams but when one umpire pays every dropping the ball and the other dosen`t ever put whistle to mouth it frustrates the players and can make a good game ugly to watch !

An often underated problem with local league umpires is the vast age range for the umps on the list, sometimes spanning 30-40 years. If you learnt your umpiring in the 80s and 90s, I dare say you would have different interpretations and thoughts on footy than a younger person just starting their umpiring. How much has the game changed in 30 years?

Of course the objective is to get a 20yo making the same calls as a 50yo but that's easier said than done.

Outcoached is a bit rich. Theres a fair gap between the two sides in terms of talent.
As far as talent goes, it's Deer Park......huge gap......Hoppers....then the rest.

Wasn't there, so only repeating what I was told by a few who have watched all year. Haven't seen enough of anyone, let alone Altona to comment re: talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mentioned Altona being outcoached in your original post. I gave another example of game where it may be applied. Using that example and also what I know about Hoppers and Altona, the outcoached line is rubbish.

Hoppers may be more talented. Doesn't mean they are a better side. Their ball movement is phenomenal when playing well.

All I'm saying is that yesterday in particular, more than 1 person has told me Altona were outcoached more than they were outplayed.

Last edited:
You mentioned Altona being outcoached in your original post. I gave another example of game where it may be applied. Using that example and also what I know about Hoppers and Altona, the outcoached line is rubbish.

Shame on you for trying to bring intelligent conversations to the table

You are spot on FILO . The mistake you are making is arguing with a muckraking fool . Altona have several key players out presently . 99 out of 100 who use the "outcoached" line would never have coached and wouldn't have a clue what that entailed.

You are spot on FILO . The mistake you are making is arguing with a muckraking fool . Altona have several key players out presently . 99 out of 100 who use the "outcoached" line would never have coached and wouldn't have a clue what that entailed.

Muckraking fool? Fair enough. I probably deserved that.

I will say though, that similarities between Avondale and Altona are TOO similiar to ignore.

Plea

Please elaborate.I'm interested to see if you have anything intelligent to offer .

Managed to take both sides deep into finals in his first year, leading to both clubs investing in the squad in year 2 only to miss finals in the second year. At least that is what is most likely to happen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back