Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to take both sides deep into finals in his first year, leading to both clubs investing in the squad in year 2 only to miss finals in the second year. At least that is what is most likely to happen this year.
Please check your records as you are factually incorrect on the Avondale events. Once you've done that please explain what your version of being outcoached looks like.

Please check your records as you are factually incorrect on the Avondale events. Once you've done that please explain what your version of being outcoached looks like.

I was out by a year. Still similar circumstances. Only a few differneces I can see with the major one being Altona has a competitive 19's and Reserve sides.

For the 3rd time, I wasn't there yesterday, so I can't tell you what being outcoached looked like yesterday. What I can tell you is that Altona rely too heavily on the brilliance of too few and not enough on a game plan.

Last edited:
I was out by a year. Still similar circumstances. Only a few differneces I can see with the major one being Altona has a competitive 19's and Reserve sides.

For the 3rd time, I wasn't there yesterday, so I can't tell you what being outcoached looked like yesterday. What I can tell you is that Altona rely too heavily on the brilliance of too few and not enough on a game plan.
If you want to make statements you need to make sure your facts are correct. Yes Avondale finished 4th , 3rd and 5th over the 3 year period and considering where they came from the previous year (9th) and the year after ( 9th) again , what is your argument? Way too many love offering opinions without having a clue what they are talking about . Now tell me what "game plan" you'd implement.

If you want to make statements you need to make sure your facts are correct. Yes Avondale finished 4th , 3rd and 5th over the 3 year period and considering where they came from the previous year (9th) and the year after ( 9th) again , what is your argument? Way too many love offering opinions without having a clue what they are talking about . Now tell me what "game plan" you'd implement.
My arguement was that there is a similar feel about what is happening at Altona. Wasn't an arguement as much as an observation really.

I'm not getting into this any further as I'm not going to pot the bloke. He's having a crack and that's admirable.

I only passed in what was told to me and gave a bit if what I thought.

Last edited:
My arguement was that there is a similar feel about what is happening at Altona. Wasn't an arguement as much as an observation really.

I'm not getting into this any further. You are clearly far more intelligent then I. My humble apologies for daring to have an opinion and/or relay some of the frustrations from long time Altona supporters. I should have known better.
Exactly the reply I expected. Those long time "supporters " have probably been frustrated for 29 out of the past 30 years .

Spotty blown away in the first, when you play quality like D.P you can`t give them 2 goals let alone 7, your starting the game playing a team that is 7-10 goals better then you, can`t come back.
Altona on the weekend probably just lacked 2 forwards, Turnbull out and not able to move Post forward really hurts their attack! Also Sheil who kicked 4 the week before missed. Hard to coach any better when your limited.
W`Vale is the team in trouble now though, or will it, could it be St Albans???

I'm not going in to detail as to how and why I know but I do know enough of how he goes about it.
Of course you do . I'm glad he can't coach as they may have won by 200+ points past 3 years , and before you roll out the waterboy line again I'll suggest there's a fair amount of jealousy rolling around the competition currently.People just love criticising.

Managed to take both sides deep into finals in his first year, leading to both clubs investing in the squad in year 2 only to miss finals in the second year. At least that is what is most likely to happen this year.
Put it this way, players unwilling to do what you have to to ensure

'Gameplan' is another cry from those who wouldn't know a gameplan if they tripped over one. Reminds me a bit of the boofhead yelling "Where's the gameplan?" at Eddie MacGuire. Then you get the local Under 14's coaches going to AFL club open forums and asking the footy department about elements of the gameplan and sometimes even making suggestions.
Careful who and what you listen to.

Exactly the reply I expected. Those long time "supporters " have probably been frustrated for 29 out of the past 30 years .
From a long time supporter, I agree the team had an off day. Outs included shiel, turnbull, pickard. Hoppers were very good especially their ball movement. Personally I think the club is in a good spot. We have great depth and heading in the right direction. Ghaz is doing a good job and giving the kids ago when waranted. Still think we will make finals next couple of weeks will tell. Short memories as last year finished 5th and ended up a kick from the big dance. All is not lost at viking land.

Another interesting round coming up! Looking forward to the results of;
Hoppers v Werribee - Werribee need the win to stay clear of Altona
Altona v Spotty - Altona`s last chance I reckon or no finals for them
St Albans v Caroline Springs - C.S to get a game clear of W`vale and relegation
The other 2 games are just % boosters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W/V 6.1 Sun 7.7. 1/2 time, not a bad game of footy, W/V have a few kids that look like they'll go alright

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

43-98 final score W/V vs Sun. Very scrappy 2nd half. From what i could tell sunshine won't go far if they make finals ( common knowledge i know) but W/V don't deserve to be bottom, i think they just need to work on forward entries seemed to break down a lot across half forward

43-98 final score W/V vs Sun. Very scrappy 2nd half. From what i could tell sunshine won't go far if they make finals ( common knowledge i know) but W/V don't deserve to be bottom, i think they just need to work on forward entries seemed to break down a lot across half forward

WV always have a crack no matter who they are playing or what the score is. They want to stay in Div 1 and I hope they do. The better players will come.

WV always have a crack no matter who they are playing or what the score is. They want to stay in Div 1 and I hope they do. The better players will come.
Can't be 100% sure but i think most (if not all) their players are 'homegrown'

Wouldnt mind seeing their points tally

Can't be 100% sure but i think most (if not all) their players are 'homegrown'

Wouldnt mind seeing their points tally

When they won their first game last year, they had more points than Spotty.
Anyhow, of those who are there now, most have been there for a while so I think they're points come down with each year. We may be surprised that their points aren't that high. Not sure either way, mate.

Highly unlikely now springs winning will need to knock over St. Albans in couple weeks then percentage will come into it.
FILO from all discussion going on divi 3 thread both Yarraville and north will do a Parkside and stay down

Highly unlikely now springs winning will need to knock over St. Albans in couple weeks then percentage will come into it.
FILO from all discussion going on divi 3 thread both Yarraville and north will do a Parkside and stay down
Heard on WRFL radio show that WV and Springs have both asked the league to keep them in Div 1. Interesting problem for the league.
Staying in Div 3? Wow.

That's low yes? I'm still confused about the whole points thing

Hoppers played on 33pts on Weekend, Good juniors means low points. (if you play them)
3-4 first year quality players from other clubs/Leagues pushes you into the 40`s ! Not a lot of room for clubs trying to improve their list when coming up, which need to turn 90% of the list over to make finals.

Hoppers played on 33pts on Weekend, Good juniors means low points. (if you play them)
3-4 first year quality players from other clubs/Leagues pushes you into the 40`s ! Not a lot of room for clubs trying to improve their list when coming up, which need to turn 90% of the list over to make finals.

Struggling clubs need to be allowed extra points especially if they've just been promoted. In the case of Springs and WV, allow them extra points to at least give them the opportunity to have a real crack.

The system isn't perfect. If a kid from the Western Jets, leaves his original club to play with another, I think he draws 5 points. As we know, not every kid getting games at the Jets is a talent. So if he played at Werribee and then decides he wants to play at WV, WV cop five points for a 18-19 year old kid. If WV have more points to play with, they can build on the back of stronger recruits. We don't want sides coming up for a year or two and then being relegated again. Can be a club killer.

Points and caps are only half arsed measures if they're the same for all clubs in a division. The strugglers need a bit more flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back