surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
Where to start; I have enjoyed the last few weeks.
Coach,and Board seem to me to be the trigger.
Then we have Mr Wright who has not put a foot wrong.
The retirements
The one to date delisting
The 2 new trade acquisitions
Pendles signing
Is anyone else looking forward to next year?
Even if its an all over the place season at least we its gonna be exciting gotta love an injection of skilled youth

I said it in the Mason Cox thread but I really do see us bouncing back. Not contending but playing better footy more often at least and being exciting to watch.

Fly and the coaching panel will have the team working on skills a lot and that should reflect on the scoreboard.
Realistically I see the Pies in 2021 between 6 and 12 on the ladder at the end of the season which will be a marked improvement.
2022 2023 will be finals.

Last edited:

Fly and the coaching panel will have the team working on skills a lot and that should reflect on the scoreboard.
Realistically I see the Pies in 2021 between 6 and 12 on the ladder at the end of the season which will be a marked improvement.
2022 will be finals.

I think you LOST a year somewhere?

I’ve not had a lot of faith in the running of the club for a number of years. However I am really happy with the current setup especially once we get the board set.
The coaching staff in particular has been picked wisely and even if results aren’t great to begin with, I am backing them in long term and I hope they are in for the long haul themselves.
Now we just need complete buy in from the players including settling for reasonable contracts that help set us up to be a strong outfit like other clubs who contend regularly. I think this team can be a totally different Collingwood to what we have seen.

Always look forward to the next year, but I think it'll be 2024 for finals. We're going to lose more top end veterans in the next couple of years and we aren't getting enough elite talent into the club at this stage. Would love to be wrong. But my supporting doesn't depend on where we sit. I always love watching.

All the delistings retired players are spot on. Lets get the AGM over and get back to business.

Is Begg a possible backup Ruckman. Just asking?

Been a good off season. I think we are laying the groundwork for a rebuild and I hope we are factoring in it may take time and shortcuts may hurt us. There is a real risk from our list position currently that we could slip into the constant rebuild cycle Carlton, Essendon and a few other have been in for a while.

We have ok youth but wouldnt rank in the best 10 clubs or even more in that regard. ND is the 1st big step but we will need to get some balance in the list and more class in the younger group to be ready to move up. Not impossible we may have a bit of a bounce in 2022 but I reckon bottom 4 is most likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm putting my money on the club is thinking long term i:e not just get to finals and try and 'snag' one, my guess is that the club has a long term view of building a dynasty team (or at least I hope so).

So it starts with development of the list we've got, by the the time we're contending ND will be at prime age and Moore and co will be in the twilight. The trade ins this year in Lippa and Freddy are not a view to a premiership team - it's an improvement to the current list. Combine the list improvement with development of what we've got. Those two fill holes in the list.

We may or may not see a rise up the ladder in 2022 but I'm willing to bet we'll see improvement in skills / game style.

All the delistings retired players are spot on. Lets get the AGM over and get back to business.

Is Begg a possible backup Ruckman. Just asking?
Pinch hit. Given he is undersized at 197cm. But think he'll play forward and then chop out when necessary. Played ruck in U19 for Easten Rangers before his injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back