What are Australia's most chilling crimes?

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are honestly scared of this little prick?

Seriously. This idiot raped defenseless women (usually confronting them in their sleep) and shot/hit OLD men (as old as 66)...

WHY the hell would I be scared of him?

Once he faced actual men, he scrambled like a mere child and tried to find protection like all of his old, defenseless victims.

I'd have had this skinny waste of a life dismantled with my own bare hands. :thumbsdown:
the whole breaking and entering thing is scary mate no matter who the person is or what he looks like. Imagine waking up after hearing something and having him stare down at you smiling like he was described as doing before he committed his disgraceful crimes. That is nightmare stuff. You can be a macho hero all you like if the guy has a gun there isn't a damn thing you could do to him.

Seriously. This idiot raped defenseless women (usually confronting them in their sleep) and shot/hit OLD men (as old as 66)...

Once he faced actual men, he scrambled like a mere child and tried to find protection like all of his old, defenseless victims.

I'd have had this skinny waste of a life dismantled with my own bare hands. :thumbsdown:
Having someone break into your home and stare down at you while you slept, waking you up and then raping amd murdering you is scary mate. You can be macho all you like but if the guy has a gun you aren't gonna do a thing about it.

How was he not killed and how exactly do you serve a sentence for this?Honestly I'm not a violent person or sadistic in nature but i would take great pleasure in torturing the shit out of that f**k until he died.

You have inadvertantly exposed one of the great myths of how paedophiles are treated in gaol. Almost never do crims seek revenge for such crimes. It seems to suit some people to think that there is a whole culture handing out retribution on behalf of society in boob. Two thirds of people in gaol are junkies and/or dealers. By definition, they don't give a toss about anyone, much less do they have an interest in fixing society's ills. The rest of the inmates just want to serve their time, and see no reason for committing a murder on behalf of the society which put them there.

In Ryrie's case, he survived for 26 years in gaol. Initially, he was kept in protection. He did the last few years of his sentence in a low-security farm in Gippsland, where very few were old enough to know what he did. He kept to himself.

The most disturbing thing about the case is that he never explained why he did it, much less admitted it. If you were to Google his name, there are many references to his brother (I think his name was Chris) who was convicted of similar crimes. There is a sad debate between this Ryrie's victims and his apologists on a Victims of Crime Discussion Board.

It is definitely arguable that Keith Ryrie is the most unrepentant, unremittingly evil man in Australian history. Tsakmakis gives him a run for his money though. In his case, he didn't have the excuse of being a neo nuff-nuff like Ryrie. Tsakmakis was a relatively smart man (in a rat-cunning way) who was never charged for half of the killings he committed.

It is not commonly known that after Ryan's hanging, Ryrie was to be next cab off the rank. They had already dug his grave inside Pentridge, and the screws told him so. Of course the (IMHO) appropriate uproar over Ryan's hanging meant that Ryrie survived. As an aside, it has often been questioned why Bolte insisted on hanging Ryan. The story goes that if it hadn't happened, every screw in Victoria would have walked off the job, because Ryan had killed one of their own.

Of particular interest is that the Attorney-General of Victoria, Arthur Rylah, who oversaw the proceedings against Ryan, is alleged to have murdered his own wife, some three or four years after Ryan's execution. Being the man who was also responsible for the doings in the Coroner's Court, finger marks around his wife's neck at the time of the discovery of her body at their home, magically disappeared by the time her cadaver arrived at the morgue. Well, that's what the drunken coroner found. The important thing was that the Coroner kept his job by saying Rylah's wife had fallen down some stairs.

That Rylah married his lover of several years, some six months after his wife's death, and that none of his children from his first marriage attended that ceremony, gives added credence to these allegations.

Because no matter how tough you want to sound over the internet, the idea of having somebody break into your house while you're asleep, and basically have you at their mercy, is scary. If he broke into your house and woke you up, with a gun pointed at your face, I'll guarantee you wouldn't do a damn thing but shit yourself.

any crime with a putrid peadophile abusing an innocent child has to be the most chilling or for that matter any crime against an innocent young child

You have inadvertantly exposed one of the great myths of how paedophiles are treated in gaol. Almost never do crims seek revenge for such crimes. It seems to suit some people to think that there is a whole culture handing out retribution on behalf of society in boob. Two thirds of people in gaol are junkies and/or dealers. By definition, they don't give a toss about anyone, much less do they have an interest in fixing society's ills. The rest of the inmates just want to serve their time, and see no reason for committing a murder on behalf of the society which put them there.

In Ryrie's case, he survived for 26 years in gaol. Initially, he was kept in protection. He did the last few years of his sentence in a low-security farm in Gippsland, where very few were old enough to know what he did. He kept to himself.

The most disturbing thing about the case is that he never explained why he did it, much less admitted it. If you were to Google his name, there are many references to his brother (I think his name was Chris) who was convicted of similar crimes. There is a sad debate between this Ryrie's victims and his apologists on a Victims of Crime Discussion Board.

It is definitely arguable that Keith Ryrie is the most unrepentant, unremittingly evil man in Australian history. Tsakmakis gives him a run for his money though. In his case, he didn't have the excuse of being a neo nuff-nuff like Ryrie. Tsakmakis was a relatively smart man (in a rat-cunning way) who was never charged for half of the killings he committed.

It is not commonly known that after Ryan's hanging, Ryrie was to be next cab off the rank. They had already dug his grave inside Pentridge, and the screws told him so. Of course the (IMHO) appropriate uproar over Ryan's hanging meant that Ryrie survived. As an aside, it has often been questioned why Bolte insisted on hanging Ryan. The story goes that if it hadn't happened, every screw in Victoria would have walked off the job, because Ryan had killed one of their own.

Of particular interest is that the Attorney-General of Victoria, Arthur Rylah, who oversaw the proceedings against Ryan, is alleged to have murdered his own wife, some three or four years after Ryan's execution. Being the man who was also responsible for the doings in the Coroner's Court, finger marks around his wife's neck at the time of the discovery of her body at their home, magically disappeared by the time her cadaver arrived at the morgue. Well, that's what the drunken coroner found. The important thing was that the Coroner kept his job by saying Rylah's wife had fallen down some stairs.

That Rylah married his lover of several years, some six months after his wife's death, and that none of his children from his first marriage attended that ceremony, gives added credence to these allegations.

paedophiles are dispised in jail just as they are in normal society, that is the exact reason they are put in protective custody for there own saftey

any crime with a putrid pedofile abusing an innocent child has to be the most chilling or for that matter any crime against an innocent young child
You think it's more "chilling" to find out about a man who rapes kids than a person who's killed 30 people in their lives?

Murder is the worst thing anyone can do. While rape is bad, especially to young kids it is not as bad as murder.

maybe in the eye's of the courts a murderer is worse than a peadophile but i think in the eye's of public opinion a peadophile is far more despised

And after all that is what these forums are all about "public opinion"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats a ****ed up thing to say..

to rape someone at all is a evil crime, but to rape a child..you cant simply go any lower imo..only pure evil do something like that
Obviously it is not nice but some people in the world are ****ed up and they do this sort of shit. I only said that because of your reasoning they will remember it for their whole life...atleast they will have a life unlike if your dead

Obviously it is not nice but some people in the world are ****ed up and they do this sort of shit. I only said that because of your reasoning they will remember it for their whole life...atleast they will have a life unlike if your dead

fair enough, imo a child rapist and the act of child rape is the worst

If you are young enough you will forget about it.

LMAO. Oh that is a great thing to say.... just great.

I guess people are free to rape older people too who are unconcious, coz you know- they dont know about it!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic.... I would rethink that post if i were you sunshine.

LMAO. Oh that is a great thing to say.... just great.

I guess people are free to rape older people too who are unconcious, coz you know- they dont know about it!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic.... I would rethink that post if i were you sunshine.
Re-read my earlier post. Of course it is not good but you are trying to say rape is worse than murder which is not the case.

Because no matter how tough you want to sound over the internet, the idea of having somebody break into your house while you're asleep, and basically have you at their mercy, is scary. If he broke into your house and woke you up, with a gun pointed at your face, I'll guarantee you wouldn't do a damn thing but shit yourself.

Rather than lock yourselves in as if you were in prison is crazy, just get yourself a big dog. My backdoor has been unlocked & open the majority of the day & night, for the last 10 years.

Re: What Are Australia's Most Chilling Crimes?

Any crime perpetrated by this man:

mr_bad.jpg

;)

Person A suggests a logical reason why rape is worse than murder.

Person B points out a flaw in the logic.

Person C accuses Person B of callousness for applying hard cold logic to a sensitive subject like child rape.

It's like the anti-smoking lobby, they tell you all about how expensive smoking is but the minute someone from the other side discusses dollar amounts... "OMG, we're talking about human life here and you're concerned about economics!".

You can't have it both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back