What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it worth me complaining to Amazon that I won’t get my copy of Lego Star Wars until Thursday?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

amazon part GIF

Is it worth me complaining to Amazon that I won’t get my copy of Lego Star Wars until Thursday?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Definitely. They'll chuck you a 20 dollar voucher at the minumum. Just say it was a gift.

Crusader Kings 3 bug bitten again so checked out the console version and bouncing between that and PC. It's pretty hard to play because you have to dig through sometimes 3 or 4 menus to find something you can normally just mouse over on PC, and because the menus takes up so much of your screen and can't be minimised, only closed, it makes it hard to see where a character's house is located at times. Especially frustrating when you're trying to form an alliance through marriage and you're trying to see how geographically far they are away.

Seen others complain about the same thing so hopefully console version gets some UI and quality of life upgrades soon.
Yeah I've bought the console never played p.c version. * I suck at it lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah I've bought the console never played p.c version. fu** I suck at it lol

Maasssssiiivveee learning curve lol. I recommend starting in one spot and learning it. When you stuff it up start again in the same spot and try to make better decisions. There is just as much to learn from starting in a different county/duchy/whatever as there is to learn about the game itself. The sucky thing about the console version which makes it hard to learn too I think are the menus. They're so clunky where as on PC it's intuitive and most of the info you need you get from just hovering your mouse cursor.

My best advice for anyone new to CK3 though is to groom your heir. Make sure your heir has an awesome wife, and don't grant titles to your other sons so they don't scheme against your good heir. Grant them to cousins. IMO the hardest part of the game is the succession every time your controlling character dies. That will make or break any game. The other day I had a great petty king, making money, great traits and was feared by all. Died of old a really old age so the son took over old himself. Didn't get long to develop more before his s**t son took over. Got the pox from his wife's lady disease, became sickly, no male sons. Kingdom crumbled in a single generation lol. The very next game I got off to a similarly good start but on succession the titles became a mess and found myself trying to assassinate 14 year old nephews and stuff.

Maasssssiiivveee learning curve lol. I recommend starting in one spot and learning it. When you stuff it up start again in the same spot and try to make better decisions. There is just as much to learn from starting in a different county/duchy/whatever as there is to learn about the game itself. The sucky thing about the console version which makes it hard to learn too I think are the menus. They're so clunky where as on PC it's intuitive and most of the info you need you get from just hovering your mouse cursor.

My best advice for anyone new to CK3 though is to groom your heir. Make sure your heir has an awesome wife, and don't grant titles to your other sons so they don't scheme against your good heir. Grant them to cousins. IMO the hardest part of the game is the succession every time your controlling character dies. That will make or break any game. The other day I had a great petty king, making money, great traits and was feared by all. Died of old a really old age so the son took over old himself. Didn't get long to develop more before his s**t son took over. Got the pox from his wife's lady disease, became sickly, no male sons. Kingdom crumbled in a single generation lol. The very next game I got off to a similarly good start but on succession the titles became a mess and found myself trying to assassinate 14 year old nephews and stuff.
Yeah I've restarted the first Ireland one a few time now. Was doing well last time almost had all of Ireland my king died of natural causes mid battle and went down hill from there. Making money is the hard part atm. Keep watching videos and reading as much as I can

Yeah I've restarted the first Ireland one a few time now. Was doing well last time almost had all of Ireland my king died of natural causes mid battle and went down hill from there. Making money is the hard part atm. Keep watching videos and reading as much as I can

I still like starting in Ireland even if it's "tutorial island". It's a bit chaotic starting in some other places. You don't need huge amounts of gold to take the whole thing as once you own about half you'll have pretty big levies then just have some men at arms regiments on top and you should be fine. The thing that normally utensil blocks me is when one of the final areas are allied with someone like England. Once you secure most of Ireland you're free to pretty much start playing tall anyway as it's unlikely England or Scotland will come over as they have their own squabbles and your massive army will see off any viking raid.

Another way to secure your succession is to get your first 6 holdings all around each other. Make them all inside a single duchy or so. That way when your character dies the heir will have a solid realm regardless of what happens with your other areas. You can always get them back. I also like to concentrate levy improvements on my home holdings too in case s**t well and truly hits the fan and I can raise a big army in a hurry to claim back any lost lands.

I went to bed last night pretty cold on Weird West, but as I described it to a coworker today I realised I really like the idea of it!

Played for another few hours tonight and it really is a good game, the terrible shooting actually works in its favour as it pushes you towards stealth which is really fun!

Using the environment etc. to get through groups of enemies like a puzzle is fun, in fact they actually encourage you to quick save before encounters to try different approaches to getting through.

I went to bed last night pretty cold on Weird West, but as I described it to a coworker today I realised I really like the idea of it!

Played for another few hours tonight and it really is a good game, the terrible shooting actually works in its favour as it pushes you towards stealth which is really fun!

Using the environment etc. to get through groups of enemies like a puzzle is fun, in fact they actually encourage you to quick save before encounters to try different approaches to getting through.

Downloaded this but haven't tried it yet. It looks pretty cool though

Gave it a couple of hours last night and it looks to be an interesting game. I turned it off at my first death but will go back tonight. Man I love game pass.

The other day I had a great petty king, making money, great traits and was feared by all. Died of old a really old age so the son took over old himself. Didn't get long to develop more before his s**t son took over. Got the pox from his wife's lady disease, became sickly, no male sons. Kingdom crumbled in a single generation lol. The very next game I got off to a similarly good start but on succession the titles became a mess and found myself trying to assassinate 14 year old nephews and stuff.
This game sounds awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

umdksqwnngna5rrfs5lk.jpg

Haven't played the game in donkeys years, figured I'd give it a bash. Gave myself 200 lives...... I idn't die until the third level.... but after that the lives just kept coming off (I reckon by the end I lost 120 in total :p). Short and sharp 30 minutes game time, kinda makers me chuckle that games like this and others on the Commodore 64/Commodore Amiga would last for 5-15 minutes. But a current game like Elden Ring can take 100+ hours to 100% complete.

Over the weekend bought The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and Red Dead Redemption 2, both installed and ready to go, which do I hit first?

TW3 will take up weeks or even months of your life depending on how much time you dedicate to playing. Make of that what you will.

Been playing a mix of WWE2K 22 , MLB 22 and F1 2021 all three are good fun games. Easy to pick up and play if your short of time.

Downloading Guardians of Galaxy on game pass to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back