What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

The headmaster?! Gone?! fu**!

No doubt 2M2M is an absolute classic but i had a couple of tracks from 7th son come on recently, whilst was prolly a relatively uneventful release at the time its got some fantastic tracks on it, having said that the trooper is the ultimate dickenson era yardstick of maiden tracks with some fantastic riffs that its no coincidence its the most covered maiden track on youtube.

Posted a song by the Warumpi Band in another thread just a while back, which evoked some memories of seeing a lot of live music in the 80s. Then, for some reason, after wandering through those distant memories of Macys, Upstairs at the Armadale, The Station, the Chevron, Prospect Hill, The Bloke, Central Club, The Pier, The Seaview, Mt Erica and places like that, it hit me that among the very best I ever saw were Matt Finish. I think the last time I saw them was at the Prince. And although this recording is not that good, CIA was a highlight and probably sold me on the band the first time I ever saw them - no doubt at Macys and I bought the 7" at Readings (I lived in that street). It was used to entertain the neighborhood on many Sunday afternoons...

Some better recordings might highlight just how good this band were...

Magnificent Hoj.

Let's delve in to the other end of the spectrum with some cacophony bordering on genius.

Flipper must have listened to metal machine music, got it, and then jammed that square peg in to the round hole of punk.

Then there's Lightning Bolt........which IMO, are among the closest thing to Hendrix in modern times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many years ago I was making way through Alabama and yes southern hospitality is real. Went to the Talledga 500 on the back of flat bed truck on a banana lounge.🤷‍♂️

Anywho a popular band at the time was Drivin 'n' Cryin' , not bad at all. Anywho one of their hit songs was 'straight to hell'. Found an awesome cover version of the song by Darius Rucker and friends. enjoy.....

rickety :)

Great choice buddy.......
"I was singin' to you, you were singin' to me
I was so alive, never been more free
Fired up my daddy's lighter and we sang, oh ".

👍
Can't believe it's like 8 or 9 years old, but then again I also can't believe I'm 50 and can entirely relate to the song. My best little mate is an aspiring rock god. Has an old Wii guitar and has expanded from my Def Leppard collection, through ACDC to Poison, Bon Jovi, GnR and U2 .... anything guitar driven with a whammy bar. Lol he might be getting some Status Quo and Creedence for Christmas 🙃

Can't believe it's like 8 or 9 years old, but then again I also can't believe I'm 50 and can entirely relate to the song. My best little mate is an aspiring rock god. Has an old Wii guitar and has expanded from my Def Leppard collection, through ACDC to Poison, Bon Jovi, GnR and U2 .... anything guitar driven with a whammy bar. Lol he might be getting some Status Quo and Creedence for Christmas 🙃

Mate we're gunna turn this thread on its head-I'm not sure the BF punters can handle it.😱🤷‍♂️😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back