Autopsy What have you liked, learnt and hated from Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes sigh.... but it'll take longer and I mean for everyone , when Hawks run slows up they will be in the same boat trying to do the hardest thing in sport, win a premiership in the AFL, with 18 clubs ripping everything up, TRYING FOR THE SAME THING , WITH NOT ENOUGH TALENT AROUND TO PRODUCE IT.

Yes sigh.... but it'll take longer and I mean for everyone , when Hawks run slows up they will be in the same boat trying to do the hardest thing in sport, win a premiership in the AFL, with 18 clubs ripping everything up, TRYING FOR THE SAME THING , WITH NOT ENOUGH TALENT AROUND TO PRODUCE IT.

There's clearly enough talent. There's more than enough talent.

Learnt and dislike: fever pitch of whining and moaning, targeted at everything and anything, from Goodes to umpires to the mighty Hawks, even though they are head and shoulders. Has everyone become a pansie? Should we bring back national service?

Bang.

Yes and No are the answer to those two questions.
We should just remove the phrase 'offended' from our language.

Who gives a sh!t whether you're offended by something.
I'm offended by your face, does that give me a right to get you removed?

Probably the worst season I can remember.

*The Essendon saga seemingly looking over only for WADA to appeal

*The Adam Goodes s**t

*A coach getting murdered?!

*The state of Qld footy with the Suns off-field dramas and an awful Lions team

*And then to top it all off Hawthorn 3peat by destroying their nearest opposition, culminating with a hatrick of crap grand finals

Very glad to see the back of this year but at this stage it's hard to see who can stop Hawthorn rolling on for a 4th flag..

Disliked clubs like GWS get more MCG games than established proper footy sides

What, twice? I recall an expansion team called the West Coast Eagles joining the VFL. If it takes thirty years to outgrow an expansion club tag and be a proper footy team then I'll wait.If the Melbourne Clubs are on selling their West Coast games, then maybe the issue is the Melbourne clubs... And if Carlton and Melbourne can't pull crowds equivalent to 50% of their membership then that's an issue too.

Anyway, without wanting to continue to justify my club's existence to someone who I'll never convince, on topic:

Liked
  • Improvement of Dogs and GWS
  • Spread of talent across the country
  • The comemoration of Phil Walsh - the team's standing together post game the weekend of his death, and a showdown full of emotion
  • Bolton will get his own team to coach
Disliked
  • The tragedy of Phil Walsh's death
  • The Grand Final was not a fitting end to the year. One of the WA teams should have won
  • Too many off-field controversies
  • poor, inconsistent and incomprehensible umpiring (and four are no better than three)
Learned
  • Never write off Hawthorn in a finals series
  • Geelong are on the way down
  • Fyfe is a champion even on one leg

What, twice? I recall an expansion team called the West Coast Eagles joining the VFL. If it takes thirty years to outgrow an expansion club tag and be a proper footy team then I'll wait.If the Melbourne Clubs are on selling their West Coast games, then maybe the issue is the Melbourne clubs... And if Carlton and Melbourne can't pull crowds equivalent to 50% of their membership then that's an issue too.

Anyway, without wanting to continue to justify my club's existence to someone who I'll never convince, on topic:

Liked
  • The comemoration of Phil Walsh - the team's standing together post game the weekend of his death, and a showdown full of emotion
Disliked
  • The Grand Final was not a fitting end to the year. One of the WA teams should have won
  • poor, inconsistent and incomprehensible umpiring (and four are no better than three)
Learned
  • Geelong are on the way down
  • Fyfe is a champion even on one leg

Mate if I had my way GWS paying I front of 8000 people wouldn't exist

You're dam lucky you're in the comp

Tasmania should have been in front of you ........

I also liked the way that Brad Scott's coaching moves - recruiting Higgins and Waite, resting players and moving Robbie Tarrant to the backline, all paid off in spades.

There's clearly enough talent. There's more than enough talent.

Well you start comparing the bottom 8 sides this year to the top eight sides. There are two divisions. It takes a hell of a lot to be
an elite AFL footballer and actually make a career out of it.

I don't think lots of people really understand just that fact.

You drop the player pool back in numbers BY ADDING TWO TEAMS YOUR LOOKING AT 80 PLUS HUMANS TO FIND AND THATS CONSERVATIVE! and you have longer development times, and more less capable players. Because more apply the two newbies are hunting players.

Its when you see who makes it and who doesn't you may get an idea of the quality slip.

Its just a fact. But Freo well this was going to be their year, and I'm not being a nasty smart arse here , I'm serious , whether Freo can jump back up to the top of the ladder and actually win a flag is a very debatable question. Its terribly hard, and we have our massacres in games too still .

I am lucky along with real Hawthorn people , we are lucky that our club has a special set up inside it that keeps it going forward, so I am serious when I say it'll happen to us one day even with quality admin on and off the field, when rebuilding becomes more like ten to fifteen years rather than maybe seven to eight years, and my clubs 3peat I doubt that will ever happen again.

Our game is a difficult game to learn and playing it is twice as hard, we've all played as kids and young men at different levels, very very few of the millions of people over the decades that have played this game ever get to the top of the tree, eg playing AFL .

All I can say is Australia start breeding we need population!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked
Disliked
Learned
  • Geelong are on the way doaUSSO

Unfortunately your argument dies when you mention Eagles, Dockers ,Crows ,Port, these are clubs from traditional states those states produced players all the years the VFL was in action the are Australian rules football states , where as NSW and QLD are Rugby states, Sydney Swans represents NSW, The Lions represents QLD , and GWS along with Gold Coast have become the over load that has diluted the competition , all for TV money, what a trgwedy if in 10 or 15 years one of these add ons wins a flag before Fremantle do?
The AFL did not need either clubs , but we have them and have to put up with whats happening and continues to happen to other trad clubs that just don't seem to be able to get there.

Of course GWS and GC17 both had a bit of AFL support , but those days are coming to an end , and people will soon find out what dilution at this level the game is played at top standard is played by only maybe 6 or 8 clubs. The rest is the second division.

Western Sydney is not an area that will develope and follow Aussie rules, Gold Coast is a holiday retirement place full of expat Vics.

The bottom line is simple, Swans and Lions are all that was needed, look at Brisbane now ??? There's your question for the day? Its regarding excess!

Disliked: The GF (boring)
Walshy murder :(
Goode's saga
Wada
Liked: The Dogs v Crows final (Game of the year)
Fyfe Brownlow
Dangerfield requesting a trade to Cats

Fremantle highs and lows
liked Fyfe MVP and Brownlow Top of ladder
Lows No grand final not many high scored over 100
Hated Terriavle 2nd half of year

Post Season, I have;

Liked - West Coast surging up the ladder after having a disappointing 2014 and the exciting brand of football they play at their best. Same goes for the Western Bulldogs. Melbourne cracking the Kardinia park hoodoo.

Learnt - Hawthorn is one of the best sides we are to witness in our generation, and that Luke Hodge is Voss like as a leader. Thankfully we have seen 2 great clubs win 3 in a row.

Hated - The Adam Goodes saga dominating far too much of the media. Whether it was right, wrong, or indifferent, it was not newsworthy for more than a back page article and should have been buried by the media, who have a lot to answer for as al they have done is caused more divide in the community using racism as a tool for debate. Very disappointing and a step backwards for our society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back