What is slower the VAFA or AFL website??

What is a slower website? AFL or VAFA?

• VAFA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

UBD1

Draftee
Aug 22, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both are getting slower every week - but the AFL might just take the cake.

VAFA website has gone from OK to crap.

What's worse is that the creators of the new website have been spuiking how good it is.

Max "bring back Noel Rundle" Leader

This is extraordinary. On the day when there would be the highest level of interest the website crashes.

Ironic that in the Victorian AMATUER Football League the unpaid and overworked volunteers act likes professionals but the paid employees at HQ continue to act like amateurs.

The full time scores from all games in all sections didn't come through until after 11pm.
In fact, the VAFA Sunday team on 88.3 Southern FM this morning had trouble reading out the scores, goal kickers, best players and ladders from all sections because of what happened to the VAFA website.
Can you imagine what would happen if the same thing happens again...during the VAFA finals series, and especially the grand finals in all sections?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's pretty rough ... I only checked in later on in the evening for scores ... and it was smooth running then, including a better look to the site.

Must have been pretty shoddy to get compared to the AFL website sheeze.

Still, there were much darker days for the VAFA website some many years ago, when it was attached to that larger sports site. Just so long as it doesn't revert back to that state!

Hope the VAFA come up with an explanation for why the VAFA website crashed on the opening day of the year, and a promise it wouldn't happen again! The timing of the website not working couldn't have come at the worst time, Round 1, when you wanted to know not just how your club went, but what happened in other sections as well.

Hope the VAFA come up with an explanation for why the VAFA website crashed on the opening day of the year, and a promise it wouldn't happen again.

That's pretty rough ... I only checked in later on in the evening for scores ... and it was smooth running then, including a better look to the site.

Still, there were much darker days for the VAFA website some many years ago, when it was attached to that larger sports site. Just so long as it doesn't revert back to that state!

Pretty sure its still linked to Sporting Pulse if that’s what you mean. Still glitches happening today.

Taking into account the level of governance the VAFA demand from their affiliate clubs this is pi55 poor. Message to the VAFA - How about getting the important things right rather than worry about overseas junkets, meaningless rep games and compulsory attendance at your commercial events.

Maybe it's time for the VAFA to address these issues, with the performance of the VAFA website on top of the agenda.
The only thing that is right with the VAFA website is replays of past VAFA grand finals .

I have been trying since getting home yesterday at about 6.30pm, as I post this the reserves scores of a few games does NOT appear. What a joke as many on here are alluding to.! Fines for this and fines for that... how about taking some of your own advice and just get the basics right. Has anyone tried getting scores on an Ipad ?, half the screen is taken up by advertisement so you can't see one teams list of best players and goalkickers, what a farce.!!!

There are three different web sites, all with issues.
  • SportsPulse
  • vafa.com.au that was redesigned
  • Live Scores (likely same server as vafa.com.au)
vafa.com.au hosting hosed at the moment but the new design is also mess on mobile. Try navigating to the "Fixtures & Results" menu on an iPhone. It instead clicks through to another menu item below it. And the embedded SportsPulse iframe doesn't show the competition dropdown so you can't navigate between results. e.g., between seniors, ressies, and clubbies. And the developers didn't test the live environment since banner ads expand the responsive width on mobile.

SportsPulse are a whole other problem since they're a for-profit closed system with no RSS feeds so you can't show results on your own web site without manually copying it- as I do for nobspc.org.au. I was going to retroactively copy 2010-2013 results to our new web site but now have a look at those results - they no longer show quarter-by-quarter score breakdown with goals/best. Why? They have the data but decided to arbitrarily hide it.

In fact, if you login to the VAFA website, there's no scores or ladders, and the news stories on the website are now two months old. They haven't made any changes to the mobile site for a couple of months at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have been very late Mobbs. Was less than useless most of last night. The AFL website, with all its issues, is way better. And has much more information to get across.

To think that the VAFA spent all this time in the pre-season saying how good their website is compared to other comps, yet on the day that would create the most interest other than the grand final, the opening day of the year, it crashed...big time. They should have been ironing out these problems, in regards to score services (ie do a couple of 'tests') right from the time it decided to start up a new version.

To think that the VAFA spent all this time in the pre-season saying how good their website is compared to other comps, yet on the day that would create the most interest other than the grand final, the opening day of the year, it crashed...big time. They should have been ironing out these problems, in regards to score services (ie do a couple of 'tests') right from the time it decided to start up a new version.
Also, still have clubs who don't post progressive scores. How hard can that be.

I know they read this site regularly.
You guys suck.
Live scores need to be come from every match. Make it happen. So that us supporters can keep abreast of all happenings. It's all we want from you. And of course get the bloody website running.
Joke.

What would happen if there is a repeat performance next week (ie VAFA website goes down)?

Back