Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

demondavey is always welcome here. Has a special place in this boards folklore for being one of, if not the first to call our 2018 premiership

He’s a good egg
Doesn't stop me from vomiting a little when Melbourne supporter appears here, it's natural.

They either pay enough for North to get band 1 or North match to force a trade which would likely involve Essendons R1 pick (currently 8) either by itself or with something coming back from North

So by paying an extra $50-150k per year they keep their draft hand intact

So that’s why their nonchalant about it
I can’t believe we are talking about Ben McKay getting paid in the top 5% of players. He’s not even in the top 50% of KPD!

This has been in my brain for a bit and after reading all the suggestions so far, I'm wanting to contribute. Things to note.
-This assumes a couple of things. A. NM are really desperate for Reid. B. They get pick 3 for Mckay. HAW either rate next years draft year higher than this years or they back NM to finish bottom 2 again next year or both of these things.
-The draft picks mentioned are at the positions they are as it currently stands. Yes these will change up and down as the draft goes along with Father Son etc but its hard to work out and would be guess work anyway.
-Id rather not any of this and just take Reid so this is for a bit of fun

WCE trade 1 to NM for 2, 14 and their future first (natural first, not the end of first rounders they were gifted)
WCE trade 14, 20 and 34 to GC for pick 4 (end up pick 5)
WCE trade NM future first to HAW for their pick 3 (end up pick 4)
With some 3rd rounders from this year and next to even things out across all of these trades

WCE go into 2023 with 2, 4 and 5 and a couple of late picks this year to match bids/trade. We keep our 2024 first and second at least
NM get Reid and have 3 to use on a KPP
HAW use a pick next year in a very Vic heavy draft instead of this year

WCE Out: 1, 20 and 34
WCE In: 2, 4, 5

NM Out: 2, 14 and their 2024 natural first
NM In: 1

HAW Out: 3 (ends up 4)
HAW In: NM 2024 natural first

GC Out: 4 (ends up 5)
GC In: 14, 20 and 34

This has been in my brain for a bit and after reading all the suggestions so far, I'm wanting to contribute. Things to note.
-This assumes a couple of things. A. NM are really desperate for Reid. B. They get pick 3 for Mckay. HAW either rate next years draft year higher than this years or they back NM to finish bottom 2 again next year or both of these things.
-The draft picks mentioned are at the positions they are as it currently stands. Yes these will change up and down as the draft goes along with Father Son etc but its hard to work out and would be guess work anyway.
-Id rather not any of this and just take Reid so this is for a bit of fun

WCE trade 1 to NM for 2, 14 and their future first (natural first, not the end of first rounders they were gifted)
WCE trade 14, 20 and 34 to GC for pick 4 (end up pick 5)
WCE trade NM future first to HAW for their pick 3 (end up pick 4)
With some 3rd rounders from this year and next to even things out across all of these trades

WCE go into 2023 with 2, 4 and 5 and a couple of late picks this year to match bids/trade. We keep our 2024 first and second at least
NM get Reid and have 3 to use on a KPP
HAW use a pick next year in a very Vic heavy draft instead of this year

WCE Out: 1, 20 and 34
WCE In: 2, 4, 5

NM Out: 2, 14 and their 2024 natural first
NM In: 1

HAW Out: 3 (ends up 4)
HAW In: NM 2024 natural first

GC Out: 4 (ends up 5)
GC In: 14, 20 and 34
That's fine and all but. Where norf may fall flat on their face is GCS is still in western bulldogs back pocket.

If that changes then that's a red flag since norf can make moves for Reid

A contrary view perhaps, regarding the beggaroos incredible draft pick windfall and desire to trade for our pick 1, we might come out of this as the overall winners of the AFL's basket-case intervention.

Normally we just draft Reid, and an outcome I would be estatic with regardless...

HOWEVER

If norf want to offer the farm and pay way overs with their never-seen-before-charity-bag...

IF we then end up similar to a port adelade 2018 draft quality hand - e.g. rozee (5), butters (12), duursma (20) - then i'll be laughing all the way to our 5th premiership before the end of this decade...

So old mate said a few weeks back on Gettable that we would need something like 3 first rounds to consider trading pick 1.
Does 2,3 and 2024 end of first round get it done?
That's 6 first round selections in 3 years.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What gets to me and I joke about the afl conspiracy of wanting Reid to stay at norf but why the * is this the year where a medal is given to pick 1 and why the * is it after a norf dude.

What a concidence.

Demanding band 1 for mckay
Demanding GCS pick 14
Demanding Harley reid

I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.
Mods: Pin this to the top of the thread, and close

Mods: Pin this to the top of the thread, and close

OK

Thread has served its purpose and discussion can continue in the regular trade/draft thread which will be rolled over tonight as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back