What to expect in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I know i spit out ambitious stuff hand over fist BUT I'm tipping a jaw dropping number of debutants round one. The secrecy speaks to not letting the footy world know we drafted 4-5 best 22 players in one draft period. BOOM! I've been wrong before though!

We will definitely be looking at our older and experienced players to stand up this year, due to the obvious.
Nonetheless we have some really talented kids coming through which we should be excited about.
Weitering and Silvagni proved last season they belong. C.Curnow was restricted last season due to injury and illness but should play majority of games this year. Cunningham showed glimpses to suggest if he continues to improve will also see lots of game time. Big Harry has big wraps on him and will debut this season and will be given games as long as he keeps working hard. That's 5/5 draftees from 2015 that could potentially be in the starting line up for s big chunk of the season.
Then from last years crop, the guys that have impressed are SPS, Fisher, Polson and McCreadie.
SPS and Fisher are 2 that will definitely debut this year.
Include Marchbank, Pickett, Smedts and Palmer into the side, full preseasons to Plowman and Sumner and add Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Docherty, Simpson and Kruezer and you would surely be encouraged to think that the side will improve.
The list is beginning to show talent across most areas, not only that but everyone involved seems to have bought into what Bolts and Co have established and are building.
Despite ladder position, the continued development of the kids, putting game time into them alone ensures improvement.

I reckon will get similar to last year, with a few extra wins .

Still think we will cop a couple of spankings mid season with so many young blokes.

Excited about Curnow, Marchbank, Cuningham and co but not confident we can rely on them to play 22 consistent games just yet.

We will definitely be looking at our older and experienced players to stand up this year, due to the obvious.
Nonetheless we have some really talented kids coming through which we should be excited about.
Weitering and Silvagni proved last season they belong. C.Curnow was restricted last season due to injury and illness but should play majority of games this year. Cunningham showed glimpses to suggest if he continues to improve will also see lots of game time. Big Harry has big wraps on him and will debut this season and will be given games as long as he keeps working hard. That's 5/5 draftees from 2015 that could potentially be in the starting line up for s big chunk of the season.
Then from last years crop, the guys that have impressed are SPS, Fisher, Polson and McCreadie.
SPS and Fisher are 2 that will definitely debut this year.
Include Marchbank, Pickett, Smedts and Palmer into the side, full preseasons to Plowman and Sumner and add Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Docherty, Simpson and Kruezer and you would surely be encouraged to think that the side will improve.
The list is beginning to show talent across most areas, not only that but everyone involved seems to have bought into what Bolts and Co have established and are building.
Despite ladder position, the continued development of the kids, putting game time into them alone ensures improvement.

Agree with all this, but also see a role for Alex Silvagni - hard and experienced General down back, especially if Weitering goes forward.

Weitering forward could be one of the big surprises we are planning to spring. Hence the secrecy.

Obviously the subterfuge doesn't last past the first time he lines up at CHF.

Anyway, it fits with the fact that HARKER has been running with Weitering up fwd all summer and now he has disappeared.

M Lo is in property development, I reckon he would have some contacts in the concrete industry....

Looking ahead purely to Round 1 - I'd actually be surprised to see Weitering play the whole game down back.

From what I've seen and heard, Richmond are contemplating a smaller forward line this year (Riewoldt in the square, plus Griffiths and maybe a resting ruckman) - a combination I think Rowe, Plowman and Marchbank/White/Silvagni could comfortably handle. At the other end, their backline is a shambles, and forcing Rance to play more accountable footy kills a lot of their drive from defense.

Weiters to start down back, then swing forward around half time to kick a few goals himself and allow SOS and Curnow to work over some bog-ordinary hacks.

Weiters in the goal square, Charlie crumbing, McKay in the ruck, Cuningham on one wing - SPS on the other, Marchbank shoulders with Riewoldt, Sheehan collecting it off Simmo, Kreuzer plays with freedom, Polson off the bench, Sumner lays 8 tackles, Pickett nails his third......... :D:'(:thumbsu::footy::rainbow::fire::thumbsu::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking ahead purely to Round 1 - I'd actually be surprised to see Weitering play the whole game down back.

From what I've seen and heard, Richmond are contemplating a smaller forward line this year (Riewoldt in the square, plus Griffiths and maybe a resting ruckman) - a combination I think Rowe, Plowman and Marchbank/White/Silvagni could comfortably handle. At the other end, their backline is a shambles, and forcing Rance to play more accountable footy kills a lot of their drive from defense.

Weiters to start down back, then swing forward around half time to kick a few goals himself and allow SOS and Curnow to work over some bog-ordinary hacks.
Rance may not even be there now too. Perfect time to play Weiters, Curnow, and SOS forward. Like you say, I think Rowe, Plowman, and Marchbank would have the Richmond forwards covered.

I really hope they dooooo...n't.

I've been watching your posts fairly closely ... not quite stalking but none the less things seem to pop up in your posts that continually contradict. Do you live under a bridge?

I've been watching your posts fairly closely ... not quite stalking but none the less things seem to pop up in your posts that continually contradict. Do you live under a bridge?
Not sure what you mean. Just excited. Sorry. And SPS is a lock for round one. You might be the one under the bridge.

Not sure what you mean. Just excited. Sorry. And SPS is a lock for round one. You might be the one under the bridge.
Also. You'll find there is no contradiction just optimism, sometimes blind optimism granted. Do i live under a bridge? We are all blues so get off your high horse and get on the bandwagon! ...and stop stalking me ;)

Weitering forward could be one of the big surprises we are planning to spring. Hence the secrecy.

Obviously the subterfuge doesn't last past the first time he lines up at CHF.

We can only hope - It'd certainly make us more potent up forward. Perhaps the coaching team figure it's better to swing him there at this stage than later. He's also good enough to transition back into defense pretty seamlessly if need be.

We can only hope - It'd certainly make us more potent up forward. Perhaps the coaching team figure it's better to swing him there at this stage than later. He's also good enough to transition back into defense pretty seamlessly if need be.
and Big Levi spending more time in the ruck (especially given sauce's absence..)?

and Big Levi spending more time in the ruck (especially given sauce's absence..)?

I'd prefer it, but it's unlikely to happen.

The sooner Casboult is out of the team the better, though. He offers nothing in the way of goal-kicking, has horrible field skills and hasn't got any high-level attributes apart from his contested marking. If both Curnow and McKay show steep improvement, that'd just about be the end for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back