Coach What would it take for you to be okay with Harvey being appointed coach next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

For me; I think if we keep this attacking style consistent for the next three weeks and maybe one more win in that time, I wouldn't be opposed to Harvey getting a sniff at the full time gig to be honest. I'm LOVING the attacking balls out style. I'm LOVING the passion of the team that has been missing for a while. I'm LOVING the kids being played and bringing so much passion and emotion into it. I'm LOVING the risk, my biggest issue with Buckley was it felt like there was 0 risk in the gameplan, I love high risk, high reward.

Seems like the team is really up and about feeling refreshed under Harvey to be honest.
You are joking!

What would it take?
Free membership wouldn't be enough, perhaps paying me the same a the senior coach might bring me around.

Looks like he has similar ideas to Bucks,.select as many defenders as.humanly possible. Then neglect the midfield which gets smashed against good sides.
No from me...

Supposedly there is a stat that says 27 of the last 33 AFL Premierships have been won by first time coaches.
I heard that on ABC radio so I can only assume it is correct.
The balance 6 ?
Mathews 3 at Brisbane (2001-3)
Malthouse 1 at Collingwood (2010)
Parkin 1 at Carlton (1995)
Who is the other?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me; I think if we keep this attacking style consistent for the next three weeks and maybe one more win in that time, I wouldn't be opposed to Harvey getting a sniff at the full time gig to be honest. I'm LOVING the attacking balls out style. I'm LOVING the passion of the team that has been missing for a while. I'm LOVING the kids being played and bringing so much passion and emotion into it. I'm LOVING the risk, my biggest issue with Buckley was it felt like there was 0 risk in the gameplan, I love high risk, high reward.

Seems like the team is really up and about feeling refreshed under Harvey to be honest.
I would require a lobotomy to be ok with Harvey as our head coach

Under Buckley:
Opposition - 140g 120b (ave 10.8g 9.5b)
Collingwood - 130g 130b (ave 10.0g 10.0b)

Under Harvey:
Opposition - 121g 80b (ave 13.4g 8.9b) *
Collingwood - 95g 77b (10.6g 8.6b)

* Including Hawthorn 15.7, Brisbane 22.10, Essendon 16.6 in his last 3 weeks.

Taking these three matches out it's:

Opposition 68g 57b (ave 11.3g 9.5b)
Collingwood 66g 25b (ave 11.0g 8.7b)

Basically despite the media hype of quicker footy under Harvey it equated to a similar amount of scoring shots and kicking straighter by 1 goal. Ignoring the last 3 games the opposition had one more scoring shot being a goal. The last three weeks however our structure fell away and we were opened up significantly.

Under Buckley:
Opposition - 140g 120b (ave 10.8g 9.5b)
Collingwood - 130g 130b (ave 10.0g 10.0b)

Under Harvey:
Opposition - 121g 80b (ave 13.4g 8.9b) *
Collingwood - 95g 77b (10.6g 8.6b)

* Including Hawthorn 15.7, Brisbane 22.10, Essendon 16.6 in his last 3 weeks.

Taking these three matches out it's:

Opposition 68g 57b (ave 11.3g 9.5b)
Collingwood 66g 25b (ave 11.0g 8.7b)

Basically despite the media hype of quicker footy under Harvey it equated to a similar amount of scoring shots and kicking straighter by 1 goal. Ignoring the last 3 games the opposition had one more scoring shot being a goal. The last three weeks however our structure fell away and we were opened up significantly.
Interesting stats, although I have to admit when I first read your post, I thought you were comparing the average body weights of our players under Bucks and under Banger, i.e. Oppo - 140 grams; 120 lbs, C'wood - 130 grams; 130 lbs :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back