Whateley leaves ABC for SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Morning slot is down from 4.4 to 3.1

Melbourne-radio-ratings-survey-1-2018.png

Because Whaletely has been absent so much it's hard to take much from his figure. Reckon it has been an error of judgement not to have bedded down his role though. As I do allowing him a 4 day week.

The really concerning figure is breakfast as it's Lyon and Watson's second year and they've made no impact. Most stations regard breakfast as the key program as it sets the pattern for the rest of the day. Frankly, I don't think Lyon cuts it as a talk radio host. Maher is another who must be a concern as he's not new to the shift he's doing.

It is perfect. He and Craig have got this 110% right.

Captured the mood of the the town perfectly

Yeah - it's why radio is the supreme, instant, broadcasting tool and why Whateley is one of the best at it. Compelling stuff.

The ABC will be forever bewildered that they let him slip away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah - it's why radio is the supreme, instant, broadcasting tool and why Whateley is one of the best at it. Compelling stuff.

The ABC will be forever bewildered that they let him slip away.

It reminds me of the time Seven let the late Brian Naylor go to Nine in 1977. Naylor led Nine to a very long period of domination on the 6pm news ratings. In retrospect, the ABC should've fought a lot harder to keep Gerard Whateley on the network, because AAA+ commentators like Whateley are extremely hard to find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whateley is a gun.

Takes himself a little to seriously, maybe thats why a clown works so well with him.

It's bizarre. Guthrie is really stuffing-up what was a great organisation. Trumble will be more than pleased with her work so far.
Well said. It's quite shameful watching a government slowly dismantling an independent organisation simply for holding them to account.
Always found it odd that Whateley was happy to be employed by newscorp as they were waging a very public pr war against the abc on the lnp's behalf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back